Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

pseudo power save

the power save function has been added to the monitor and the repo updated inclusive of a binary refresh

to initiate power save mode use the added command line switch

Code:
    --powersave
    alternatively provide the short K switch

if the player is powered of through the web UI or app the screen will blank

hitting play or the power button will wake the display up

I think i got all the various edge case but if you find any missing functionality or new nasties let me know

have at it!
    As of 13-Jan-2021 my digitized collection is (25074 hours 42 minutes) + (19 seconds) or
    2.861 years in duration.

Digitized thus far:

Total Tracks: 161,783
    Total Albums: 14,808
    Total Artists: 21,054
    Total Genres: 751
    Total Playing Time: 25074:42:19

With another ~2500 yet to be ripped...

Hi shunte88,

thanks for the new version. Just tested the new powersave feature without success. Screen stays on last state on "power off". When soft powered on again screen stays "freezed".

This is with attached DAC. Former tests showed different behavior when lmsmonitor is operated with or without attached DAC. Tested with Hifiberry and Allo Boss.

Do you have developed/tested with attached DAC?

Aki

PS: I have found a workaround to clear the screen on power off. It's a little strange script with 3 delayed starts of lmsmonitor on startup (after killed state). If there is any interest, i will publish in threat: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-state-to-GPIO

Quote Originally Posted by shunte88 View Post
    I'll be working on supporting the latest Audiophonic DAC which supports dual displays as well as being a stellar DAC

AUDIOPHONICS EVO-SABRE Balanced DAC 2x ES9038Q2M USB RPI SPDIF BT / XLR RCA

I've used a couple of their DACs and was able to sideline their built in OLED functionality

This model adds a 256x64 OLED as an additional display

I'll look to add functionality to support the 256x64 display, however it may spawn a separate project if it looks to be a major retool

Watch this space for updates

I'll continue with enhancements a bug fixes to LMSMonitor 2020 and will post when available
    Hi

I've been looking at the Sabre-Evo Dac - looks like a great device and possible modern replacement for a transporter with up to date codec support. I wondered if you'd made any progress on support for this device? I spoke to the Audiophonics and learned that PCP works, but no support on the second display and I gather they're also pretty excited about using LMS Monitor on the second screen.

Thanks

pete S

DAC(s)

@Aki7 I've quite the collection of DAC's I upgrade at least one device once a year and I've never had an issue

Not sure whats going on with your setup.

The monitor does not interact with the DAC in anyway shape or form, and it doesn't care if a DAC is attached or not, nor if a hat, USB flavor, audio over HDMI or the on-board audio is involved.

Pseudo Power Save is functioning on two of my test setups as well as being tested against a Touch - they all function the same.

Its a soft power-off - power off through the webend and the OLED fades to black. Note this is not a hard power-off - unplugging the power on the device - the warnings functionality implemented October/November would trigger there.

Were simply reading the power attribute that the server publishes, not too complex - its either a 1 (on) or 0 (off)

So that said, and apologies for the labored response, could you add the verbose switch and post the output. There are messages that flag the power mode of the device so lets start there.

@psketch - Audiophonics pinged me back in November/December with offers of help. The SSD1322 is implemented in the current build but I've yet to kick the tires and ensure its fit for purpose. Driving the device is only half the solution as where possible I'd like to take advantage of everything the device offers, more real-estate so side by side meter modes as well as gray scale graphics.

It is an awfully nice unit and I've had it sitting on my bench for months now and Id really like it up and running in a new setup I'm currently building - when I find the time to assemble the mono-blocks and power supplies. So many projects ;|

I'm going to shoot for the end of the week to bless the build and then I'll progress the graphics additions

I've trimmed a good bit of fat the last couple of releases so I want to avoid taking the build in the wrong direction. It may be a separate binary - same repo just another make definition.

My 1322 rig is sitting here on the bench as I type so I'll be bringing it online shortly and getting to work. Its a bare bones standalone - a 1G Pi4 which I don't mind bricking as I beat on code - the Audiophonics setup not so much

Ill keep you all posted re-progress.
    As of 13-Jan-2021 my digitized collection is (25074 hours 42 minutes) + (19 seconds) or
    2.861 years in duration.

Digitized thus far:

Quote Originally Posted by shunte88 View Post
    @Aki7 I've quite the collection of DAC's I upgrade at least one device once a year and I've never had an issue

Not sure whats going on with your setup.

The monitor does not interact with the DAC in anyway shape or form, and it doesn't care if a DAC is attached or not, nor if a hat, USB flavor, audio over HDMI or the on-board audio is involved.

Pseudo Power Save is functioning on two of my test setups as well as being tested against a Touch - they all function the same.

Its a soft power-off - power off through the webend and the OLED fades to black. Note this is not a hard power-off - unplugging the power on the device - the warnings functionality implemented October/November would trigger there.

Were simply reading the power attribute that the server publishes, not too complex - its either a 1 (on) or 0 (off)

So that said, and apologies for the labored response, could you add the verbose switch and post the output. There are messages that flag the power mode of the device so lets start there.

@psketch - Audiophonics pinged me back in November/December with offers of help. The SSD1322 is implemented in the current build but I've yet to kick the tires and ensure its fit for purpose. Driving the device is only half the solution as where possible I'd like to take advantage of everything the device offers, more real-estate so side by side meter modes as well as gray scale graphics.

It is an awfully nice unit and I've had it sitting on my bench for months now and Id really like it up and running in a new setup I'm currently building - when I find the time to assemble the mono-blocks and power supplies. So many projects ;|

I'm going to shoot for the end of the week to bless the build and then I'll progress the graphics additions

I've trimmed a good bit of fat the last couple of releases so I want to avoid taking the build in the wrong direction. It may be a separate binary - same repo just another make definition.

My 1322 rig is sitting here on the bench as I type so I'll be bringing it online shortly and getting to work. Its a bare bones standalone - a 1G Pi4 which I don't mind bricking as I beat on code - the Audiophonics setup not so much

Ill keep you all posted re-progress.
    Thanks for the update. It does look like a really exciting addition to the pcp family if it's fully working. The original stereo DAC is very well reviewed (same one as in the volumio Primo I think), but this is the new dual mono version, so even better :-) If you can add in support for the second screen, I do feel like we may have a transporter replacement device. Now, it's not cheap, but a) it's WAY less than the transporter's were and b) it's in the same ball park as other decent DACs plus Pi4 - add in the nice case as a lovely OLED and you could almost convice yourself it's a bargain!

Hi Shunte88,

thanks for your support.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Starting lmsmonitor in player "off" State:

tc@pcVV:~$ sudo killall lmsmonitor
    killall: lmsmonitor: no process killed
    tc@pcVV:~$ PNAME=`cat /usr/local/sbin/config.cfg | grep "^NAME=" | cut -d'"' -f2`
    tc@pcVV:~$ sudo /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/lmsmonitor -n $PNAME -z -s -c -f7 -v -K
    This is lmsmonitor (0.4.68) - built Jan 10 2021 21:21:47.
    Solid Filled + Peak
    Initializing SHMEM ...
    SHMEM Actively Monitoring ...

Screen stays black when player is set "on"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Starting lmsmonitor in player "on" State:

tc@pcVV:~$ sudo /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/lmsmonitor -n $PNAME -z -s -c -f7 -v -K
    This is lmsmonitor (0.4.68) - built Jan 10 2021 21:21:47.
    Solid Filled + Peak
    Initializing SHMEM ...
    SHMEM Actively Monitoring ...

Screen comes up fine.

Soft powering off player:

No further output to console, screen gets black. Fine.

Powering on again, screen shows last three lines, upper part stays dark.

Aki

tested with pcp 6.1, pi 3b, LMS 7.9.1

so scenario #1 you're starting with the streamer in power off state

that's is something I don't think I tested - logically shouldn't change anything but obviously not the case

the partial clear I thought I'd caught all edge cases during testing - will review the "refresh" flagging and see what I've missed

I'll get back ASAP
    2.861 years in duration.

Digitized thus far:

those issues are sorted but looks like the visualization mode is a tad problematic - multi-threading bites once again
    i'll keep you posted - look for updates in the AM (US EST)
    2.861 years in duration.

Digitized thus far:

latest pushed to github inclusive binary updates
    hopefully all bases are covered
    have at it

I have to admit I don't think I've used the power button the entire time I've run LMS - 13 years or so?
    I actually added the clock and weather because my devices are always on

I can't actually remember the last time I power rolled the Touch, my main system is on a power conditioner with a UPS so its unaffected by brown outs etc. Its been online 20? years at this point - although I have taken the pre-amp offline just recently to review the caps and replace a battery.

I don't turn the heat on in the winter as the bank of Linn power amps keep the apartment toasty
    I'm personally keeping the National Grid afloat given I never power down my systems

those last two statements may or may not be 100% factual
    2.861 years in duration.

Digitized thus far:

Hi shunte88,

just tested the new version concerning the "powersave". Same behaviour as in my last post #206.

Aki