Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 82 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast
    ISTR that you simply list them all in the config file and the underlying networking stuff will try to find one that works.
    Maybe putting the car one first will help.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Istr??

Quote Originally Posted by paul webster View Post
    istr that you simply list them all in the config file and the underlying networking stuff will try to find one that works.
    Maybe putting the car one first will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    Is a way to set up piCorePlayer to switch between available networks without using the UI? I'd like to use one pCP 'player' on two distinct networks in two distinct locations.

can wpa_supplicant be modifed to include ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
    update_config=1

Howard
    A few versions of pCP again we added a mechanism to allow users to define their own wpa_supplicant.conf

You must add the line below (exactly) to stop pCP from modifying your wpa_supplicant.conf

Code:
    # Maintained by user
    Follow the instructions here: https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_...ethernet.shtml

It should be just a matter of adding multiple network statements. (may need to add a line to give networks priority)

Here is the documentation: http://w1.fi/cgit/hostap/plain/wpa_s...upplicant.conf

I haven't tried doing this myself so no idea if there are any limitations.

regards
    Greg

ISTR = I Seem To Remember
    (I was typing on mobile phone)
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Thanks. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    ISTR = I Seem To Remember
    (I was typing on mobile phone)

Hi
    Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I play all tracks?

Quote Originally Posted by waffle View Post
    Hi
    Sorry for the dumb question, but how do I play all tracks?
    All tracks from an album? from your entire library? from an artist?

For example, in LMS, find what you want to play and select it to add to your active playlist. See picture. This is selecting an album, and one would click on the "play" icon or the "+" icon (circled in red)

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 136
Size:  82.9 KB
    Last edited by garym; 2020-07-11 at 06:17.
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    All tracks from an album? from your entire library? from an artist?
    All tracks from my entire library

Quote Originally Posted by waffle View Post
    All tracks from my entire library
    hmmm, I guess I've never tried to do this (then again, I have about 113,000 tracks). I can do this using the dynamic playlists plugin, where I can tell it to play randomly from some or all of my library (genres, etc.). But for simply playing "all", I'm not sure. Someone will chime in with an answer.
    p.s. This is not a piCorePlayer 6.0 question. This is a question on using LMS in general. So unless answered easily by someone, you may want to start a different thread with the topic "How to Play all tracks in LMS"
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

How to DOWNGRADE LMS in Pcp 6.0

Hi folks, I deperately seeking a way to downgrade from LMS 8.xxx to latest 7.9.2. Running Pcp 6.0 on a Rpi3B+. Anyone who could assist?

Tried searching for a guide for a couple of hours now without succeding ...:-/ Tried the "update path" described here : > https://www.picoreplayer.org/how_to_upgrade_lms.shtml

hoping it would work for a downgrade but "naturally" it failed. Also tried to completely remove 8.xx and do that same update thing also failing. Yes basically haven't a clue what I'm doing ... No good with linux that's for sure.