Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 81 of 114 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Just installed 6.0.1 and a few times the time/date is not being set (showing DEC 31 1969
    Tweeks->Timezone has the correct info, and if I "Save" and re-boot, the time is set correctly.
    Happened a few time, maybe while I've been shutting down and powering on while I've been playing with my setup.
    Tony, I have the same thing happen after a power failure, which we get often. It happened with pcp4 and now 6. Paul surmised (in another thread) it is because the PcP comes back up before the modem/router establishes the internet connection. It happens every time without fail. Touch has blank screensaver (should be time) and boom and radio times are way off. Interestingly, It also (for me) affects the radio paradise FLAC streams. The FLAC interactive will not play ("failed to..."), and the FLAC regular will play, but there is only a generic "radio paradise: playlist..." or something similar displayed.

Restarting LMS does nothing, and as you say rebooting PCP corrects it.

Paul - thanks for the tip on the cron job, I'll try that and maybe it will help avoid a reboot (my router/pcp server are in a loft accessible only by a ladder, so the power off/on is not so easy )

Jim

<edit> - Interesting, someone else noting time settings affecting RP stream: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post977189
    Last edited by Redrum; 2020-07-06 at 05:46.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Yes, The online help describes mount option.

Code:
    <Options> are a comma delimited list of mount options. Ref mount man pages.
    CIFS
    vers=2.0 - The linux kernel now defaults to SMB version 3.0, versions must be specified.
    uid=1001 - mounts the drive with user "tc". Useful if using ssh sessions to write data to share.
    gid=50 - mounts the drive with group "staff". Useful if using ssh sessions to write data to share.
    You likely need to add to you mount options vers=1.0, or vers=2.0 or vers=3.0
    i forgot to say that i already tried different combinations of options in the shell and allways the same error

Code:
    tc@SqueezeWork:~$ sudo mount -v -t cifs -o uid=1001,gid=50,vers=1.0 //192.168.1.125/"Public" /mnt/mybookliven
    mount: /mnt/mybookliven: bad option; for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program.
    tc@SqueezeWork:~$ sudo mount -v -t cifs -o uid=1001,gid=50,vers=2.0 //192.168.1.125/"Public" /mnt/mybookliven
    mount: /mnt/mybookliven: bad option; for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program.
    tc@SqueezeWork:~$ sudo mount -v -t cifs -o uid=1001,gid=50,vers=3.0 //192.168.1.125/"Public" /mnt/mybookliven
    if i search for the error message it says that i have to install cifs-utils. but this should be already available with the installed support for the filesystems. but i didnt find the tool /sbin/mount.cifs (or any other location sudo find / -name "mount.cifs")
    https://askubuntu.com/questions/5252...perblock-error

in earlier versions of picoreplayer, i didnt have any problems with mounting shares.

We have never used the mount helper. Have you tried using a password? I've seen some cases where anonymous access does not work without putting something in the user and password field.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Hi all,

I'm running pcp for some self-build speakers which sound better with a custom parametric equalization, http://www.uibel.net/bauvor/bv_box/o...chreibung.html
    For this I'm using ladspa_dsp, https://github.com/bmc0/dsp for which I managed to build a tcz package and hack asound.conf to include my settings.

Can this package (or better its build script) be added to the official PCP repo or build system somehow? I haven't found a repo with scripts to build the PCP tcz packages, otherwise I would have submitted a pull request.

ciao
    Pablo
    I second this request. Is LADSPA_DSP the best way to achieve EQ/room correction? What about BruteFIR?

Jivelite vu meters not showing in Now Playing Views

I somehow lost the VU Meters and dancing bars from the Now Playing Views and is only showing artwork.

Not sure how to get these back, would hate to have to do this from scratch again..

Quote Originally Posted by kbeast View Post
    I somehow lost the VU Meters and dancing bars from the Now Playing Views and is only showing artwork.

Not sure how to get these back, would hate to have to do this from scratch again..
    On your screen > Settings > Screen > Now Playing > Now Playing views, put a dot in all those you require.

This is assuming you're controlling the Squeezelite player on the same RPi as the screen. You won't see "Spectrum Analyzer" or "Analog VU meters" options if you're using the screen to control another player.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    On your screen > Settings > Screen > Now Playing > Now Playing views, put a dot in all those you require.

This is assuming you're controlling the Squeezelite player on the same RPi as the screen. You won't see "Spectrum Analyzer" or "Analog VU meters" options if you're using the screen to control another player.
    So this makes a lot of sense now. Yeah so i think it started because i was cha ging from ethernet to wifi and vpn and had same names but different players.

Finally corrected issue, i had mac address filled in (thought it was server mac, not client) and got the right player to display and back to normal.

Thanks for shedding some light!

Can you set up pCP for multiple networks?

Is a way to set up piCorePlayer to switch between available networks without using the UI? I'd like to use one pCP 'player' on two distinct networks in two distinct locations.

can wpa_supplicant be modifed to include ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=netdev
    update_config=1

Howard
    Last edited by Howard Passman; 2020-07-10 at 10:59.

Two networks in different distinct locations?

Just give each network the same SSID and network parameters, eg.

NETWORK with 192.168.0.1 - 256, same password.
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite, Pi Zero W with PcP 6.0

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks. I wish it was that simple. One server is in my car and the other in the house. The one in the car is set up as an access point. Although it wouldn't be for long, both networks would be active in the same space occasionally. I'm trying to use a player with a pirate board to control the LMS server in the car and when at home, plug it in to active speakers outside accessing my home LMS server.

The long and short of it is I'm trying to find a way to control the server in my car with something other than my phone. I thought a little pi Zero and the Pirate board combined with as OSMC remote might be the way, plus I could use it out in the backyard also.

I know, I know. I am pain in the @##.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    Two networks in different distinct locations?

Just give each network the same SSID and network parameters, eg.

NETWORK with 192.168.0.1 - 256, same password.