Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 78 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    You might need to check the alsaequal output. That would be on the tweaks page where you install/setup alsaequal.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Disable wifi when ethernet is used?

I was curious if theres a way to disable wifo when it has a valid ethernwt connection. I'm running a script at startup now but it's hit or miss

No. It should not hurt anything other than an extra second or two on startup

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    LMS shairport plugin
    I'm not finding a shairport plugin. I tried the "airplay bridge" plugin which didn't seem to do anything and didn't show up on any of my devices. Then I tried the "shairtunes2" plugin which does show up as an output device and I saw hardware volume control in alsamixer but there was no sound output. Doesn't seem as configurable as shairport-sync.

Meanwhile I managed to make a personal data extension of my source built shairport-sync and it works great.

Quote Originally Posted by diggledude View Post
    I'm not finding a shairport plugin.
    I have these two installed in LMS:
    Name:  Airplay.png
Views: 178
Size:  2.4 KB
    Name:  ShairTunes.png
Size:  2.1 KB

The first one is eg. to include Airport Express basestations (Airplay clients) as Output to LMS. I have two of them here, so I get two extra Players in LMS.
    The second one is to use LMS as a Airplay client, so I can stream from my iPhone/iPad/Apple TV/Mac to my LMS. In the configuration page, I can switch on all Squeezelite players (also the added Airport Express basestations) as a destination. Then I see them on my iPhones/iPads/Apple TV and Mac as a player for Airplay (1). Only the Mac can send the music to more than one client player, not the iPhone/iPad or Apple TV.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB; Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCoreplayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone; two Airport Express

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    No. It should not hurt anything other than an extra second or two on startup
    Sorry let me rephrase, how can I get picoreplayer to disable wifi when ethernet is in use rather than me running a script

Quote Originally Posted by kbeast View Post
    Sorry let me rephrase, how can I get picoreplayer to disable wifi when ethernet is in use rather than me running a script
    There is no way, except for you to run a script yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    I have these two installed in LMS:
    Name:  Airplay.png
Size:  2.4 KB
    Name:  ShairTunes.png
Size:  2.1 KB

The first one is eg. to include Airport Express basestations (Airplay clients) as Output to LMS. I have two of them here, so I get two extra Players in LMS.
    The second one is to use LMS as a Airplay client, so I can stream from my iPhone/iPad/Apple TV/Mac to my LMS. In the configuration page, I can switch on all Squeezelite players (also the added Airport Express basestations) as a destination. Then I see them on my iPhones/iPads/Apple TV and Mac as a player for Airplay (1). Only the Mac can send the music to more than one client player, not the iPhone/iPad or Apple TV.
    So the shairtunes one is supposed to function like shairport-sync. But like I said, it produced no sound output. Why is it recommended over shairport-sync?

pcp 6.0 (and 6.1) mount samba share

after entering my connection data i get the following error

[ INFO ] Mount configuration changed for 192.168.1.125:/Public

[ INFO ] Checking new Mount Point /mnt/mybookliven.

[ INFO ] Mounting Disk.

[INFO] mount -v -t cifs -o uid=1001,gid=50 //192.168.1.125/"Public" /mnt/mybookliven

[ERROR] Disk Mount Error, Try to Reboot.

[ INFO ] Backing up files to /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/mydata.tgz/ Done.

[ OK ] Backup successful.

after entering the command to the console

sudo mount -v -t cifs -o uid=1001,gid=50 //192.168.1.125/"Public" /mnt/mybookliven

i get the following error

mount: /mnt/mybookliven: bad option; for several filesystems (e.g. nfs, cifs) you might need a /sbin/mount.<type> helper program.

i already installed the additional File Systems.
    did i missed something?

Quote Originally Posted by diggledude View Post
    So the shairtunes one is supposed to function like shairport-sync. But like I said, it produced no sound output. Why is it recommended over shairport-sync?
    Because it integrates with LMS.... shairport-sync is a standalone program and can conflict with squeezelite/lms. Do you get any sound when playing something via lms?