Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 30 of 114 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Not dmesg output, there is a show log option on the bluetooth page.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    However, making the URL a favourite doesn't seem to accomplish anything usable. There are no "play" or "add" buttons alongside the favourite to start it playing,
    I have a play button by mine.... but I've seen it both ways. I'm not sure why LMS does that. It's not repeatable.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I have a play button by mine.... but I've seen it both ways. I'm not sure why LMS does that. It's not repeatable.
    Can confirm, I redid the steps and named the new favourite "Bluetooth2", which works no problem.

Name:  Bluetooth04.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  35.6 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Not dmesg output, there is a show log option on the bluetooth page.
    My bad. Here it is while desktop connected and playing. Thx again.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Okay, that looks fine......go to Diagnostic then Logs in pCP, there is an option to show all logs. Look for the pcp-streamer log. One thing to note, when streaming like this, there can be a lag.... I’ve seen it as high as 10 seconds.

Also, make sure you have the Bluetooth device connected and playing before you play the stream in LMS.

Bluetooth Direct Play

Hi, I have been running PcP since version 4 on a RPi1B+ and a DAC card and had no issues at all using it as a squeezebox. I am trying to add Bluetooth Direct Play to this and have upgraded to PcP6.0.0.006 but not having any joy.

I have completed a clean install of PcP-6.0.0 and then followed the instructions in this thread to make the patch update to 6.0.0.006. I run WiFi through an Edimax 11n USB adapter (which has worked for several years) and now added Bluetooth through a USB adapter from piHut (CSR 4.0). I am trying to send audio from an Asus Nexus 7 tablet.

I can stream audio from LMS to PcP without issue
    I can pair and connect PcP to the tablet without issue.
    The tablet can pair and direct play audio to a soundbar in another room.

My only issue seems to be that I get no audio when playing a source on the tablet. I can see from the PcP logs that an a2dpsink connection is open.

Code:
    pCP Bluetooth extension build:0006
    Starting BT Controller
    USB Bluetooth Hardware Address: 00:1A:7D:DA:71:11
    Starting pCP BT Pairing Agent
    BT Controller Ready
    04-10 15:16 BST INFO     ------------Starting pCP BT Speaker Daemon v6.0.0.0006------------
    04-10 15:16 BST INFO     Resetting asound.conf.
    04-10 15:16 BST INFO        Removing bt_ from asound.conf
    04-10 15:16 BST INFO     Current contents of /usr/local/etc/pcp/pcp-bt.conf.
    04-10 15:16 BST INFO        30:85:A9:E1:A7:0A#Nexus 7#10000#2
    04-10 15:16 BST INFO     Starting connection signal handlers.
    04-10 15:16 BST INFO     ---- Caught Connect signal ----
    04-10 15:16 BST INFO        MAC:30:85:A9:E1:A7:0A
    04-10 15:16 BST INFO        TRANSPORT:a2dpsnk
    I've also tried stopping Squeezelite completely before making the bluetooth connection but this made no difference. All help greatly appreciated.

Setup:
    RPi B+: USB WiFI adapter, USB Bluetooth Adapter, "HiFiBerry DAC+ Light" compatible DAC

Okay, that looks fine......go to Diagnostic then Logs in pCP, there is an option to show all logs. Look for the pcp-streamer log. One thing to note, when streaming like this, there can be a lag.... I’ve seen it as high as 10 seconds.

Also, make sure you have the Bluetooth device connected and playing before you play the stream in LMS.
    Here is the log... I do see an error in it: arecord: main:828: audio open error: No such file or directory
    Related?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I thought I'd give this Bluetooth streaming a try.

One thing I saw that I suspect only causes a presentation problem - but perhaps something else goes wrong later as well.

I tried to stream from an iPad - and it has the default name that iOS created for it ... something like
    Paul’s iPad
    Note - the apostrophe is ’ (#2019) not ' (#27).

It results in the display of the device information being broken on the pCP Bluetooth page.

However, I also was not able to get sound to come out of the LMS player that I was trying to send to - but I have not delved deeper on that yet.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I thought I'd give this Bluetooth streaming a try.

One thing I saw that I suspect only causes a presentation problem - but perhaps something else goes wrong later as well.

I tried to stream from an iPad - and it has the default name that iOS created for it ... something like
    Paul’s iPad
    Note - the apostrophe is ’ (#2019) not ' (#27).

It results in the display of the device information being broken on the pCP Bluetooth page.

However, I also was not able to get sound to come out of the LMS player that I was trying to send to - but I have not delved deeper on that yet.
    Make sure the volume level on your iPad is at full?

I had to change my phone's BT name from Moto (G4) to just Moto, pCP wouldn't allow the brackets.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

The name should not be a problem since to change the dropdown to "Streamer" you have to save, and the web interface will make you remove the bad characters.

Also - S_i_O, You are not running the latest bluetooth packages, please update.

---------For everyone, I just pushed another Bluetooth patch------
    Fixed in this version

• a2dp profile switching, if your device connects as a ad2p-source, but you have it set as a "Player" or "Streamer", we should force your device to switch profiles to a2dp-sink.
    • Fixed some issues with odd characters in names coming from bluetooth devices

Upgrade in this order (Order matters, otherwise you will have a permission issue, which will be corrected in this update too):
    • Bluetooth Page -> Update (You should see pcp-bt6.tcz and pcp-bluez-alsa.tcz needing upgraded)
    • When prompted for reboot, hit cancel
    • Goto Main page
    • Press - Patch Update (Both pcp-base and pcp-www-6.0.0 will be upgraded)
    • Press reboot on main page.