Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 136 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 1418
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Erskine View Post
    > Good detective work!
    Thank you, dear Sir!

Having my fingers crossed to see what you guys eventually come up with. Thanks for all your hard work! PcP really has turned out into something special.

hi doggod,

I just looked at the code and it doesn't run if LMS is loaded.

I am not sure why I made it more complex than necessary, especially as pCP only works on RPi's and RPi's don't have the hardware to suspend or power down.

As a work around you can *try* and add the command to [Tweaks] > [User commands].

Code:
    sudo ether-wake -i LOCAL_NIC REMOTE_MAC

ie. sudo ether-wake -i wlan0 B8:AE:ED:7E:82:9F
    regards
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by doggod View Post
    "maybe it's the LMS that is the problem?!?" And it sure was!
    Whoops! Trying to wake up the wrong box!

I've no idea how much work it is with things so hope I won't offend youPcP guys but maybe it would be a better function if the "Pcp bootup WoL thing" would send a WoL regardless if LMS is running on Pcp or not? Not sure what others think but I believe it can't be just me that have LMS on the PcP Pi and the music mounted via "Network disk mount" somewhere else on the network?
    So my music is NAS, LMS runs on an odroid that mounts the NAS, and picores run on several pis and chromecast stuff.
    The only difference is my nas isn't sleeping. I think you may run into an issue (i do) if the nas storage isnt ready and you try to play something and "can't find it, " it's going to remove them from the database. I wind up havinf to do a full rescan everytime.

Technically your NAS shouldn't be hibernating /sleeping. If your disks are sleeping that's one thing but everything would be there would just pause while everything spins up, but in full sleep, those connections aren't available to LMS.

But I'd definitely add a user script to wake it up when picoreplayer launches.

Quote Originally Posted by kbeast View Post
    If your disks are sleeping that's one thing but everything would be there would just pause while everything spins up
    And I think even that is not really good for the disks. In worst case they are working, then they are sleeping and a minute after going to sleep they are woken up and then they go to sleep again, woke up after a minute etc.
    I think this would kill them really fast. NAS drives are made to work 24/7, not to sleep and start again. The drives are warming up, cooling down, warming up, cooling down etc., this is really stress for them.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

hi doggod,

I just looked at the code and it doesn't run if LMS is loaded.

I am not sure why I made it more complex than necessary, especially as pCP only works on RPi's and RPi's don't have the hardware to suspend or power down.

As a work around you can *try* and add the command to [Tweaks] > [User commands].

Code:
    sudo ether-wake -i LOCAL_NIC REMOTE_MAC

ie. sudo ether-wake -i wlan0 B8:AE:ED:7E:82:9F
    regards
    Greg
    Hi Greg,

Been a while, sorry for late answer. Have been working so no time fiddling about.

Thanks for solution, can confirm it's working perfectly now. :-)

May I ask where/in what file is this command saved?

And another thing strucks me when reading "User commands will run in order 1, 2, 3.", if one put the same command in #2 but naturally with another MAC would that mean I could wake up a second, third e.t.c server/computer?

Sorry if that is a dumbass question, I'm as said a linux novice.
    Last edited by doggod; 2021-01-21 at 12:41. Reason: came up whit another Q

hi doggod,

Most things are stored in pcp.cfg.

[Main Page] > [Dignostics], scroll down to "Current pcp.cfg"

Yes, you can add extra commands, they run in order 1 to 3.

regards
    Greg

hi doggod,

Most things are stored in pcp.cfg.

[Main Page] > [Dignostics], scroll down to "Current pcp.cfg"

Yes, you can add extra commands, they run in order 1 to 3.

regards
    Greg
    Excellent, Cheers Greg! Thanks for kind help.

Hi everyone and good morning,

I'm using a new SunFounder 10.1" touch display with the picorePlayer. Unfortunately I can't calibrate the display. Can someone give me some tips on how to do this?

best regards
    Theo
    QNAP TVS-EC1080 32GB/12TB/RAID6

Quote Originally Posted by theobald View Post
    I'm using a new SunFounder 10.1" touch display with the picorePlayer. Unfortunately I can't calibrate the display. Can someone give me some tips on how to do this?
    Does this guide for a different screen help?
    https://docs.picoreplayer.org/projects/add-a-display/
    In particular from Step 13 onwards.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

thanks for your quick reply on saturday morning, i will test it in a moment ...

best regards
    theo
    QNAP TVS-EC1080 32GB/12TB/RAID6