Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 50 of 84 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cut-Throat View Post
    except the last step 'pcp rb' failed and I was no longer connected
    The step didnĹt failed. This command is: piCorePlayer reboot, so the Pi will be rebootet and is normal that you are loosing the connection. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    The step didn‘t failed. This command is: piCorePlayer reboot, so the Pi will be rebootet and is normal that you are loosing the connection. :-)
    Well, I could no longer access the Pi with the IP address anymore. So, I cut the power and unplugged the SD Card and powered up. I did get a flashing Green LED, so I powered the Pi down, replaced the SD Card and then powered up and it rebooted PcP just fine... So, not sure what happened.

When you run the update, it puts files on the boot drive, The firmware does not get written to the rpi until you reboot.....it only take a few second to write the firmware, which it then renames the firmware files on the boot drive, and then it "should" reboot automatically.

Just run the proceedure, but when you get to the "rpi-eeprom-update" line, run it without the -a or any option, and it will show what is current.

Post the contents of your ssh session if you need help.
    Last edited by paul-; 2020-05-23 at 19:14.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

AUDIOPHONICS RASPDAC MINI Kit

Hi, any one managed to get the Raspdac mini remote control and OLED screen working with squeezelite in Picoreplayer? Thanks

https://www.audiophonics.fr/en/netwo...m-p-13300.html

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The shairport-sync extension has been updated to 3.3.6.

[...]

There are likely other issues that I've missed. Please post any problems here.
    I've added the -C 5 option to squeezelite.
    I 've tried the stock configuration and I've tried after adding this to /usr/local/etc/shairport-sync.conf, adding that file to /opt/.filetool.lst, and doing a backup:

Code:
    sessioncontrol =
    {
    	allow_session_interruption = "yes";
    	session_timeout = 5;
    };
    The shairport-sync.conf file is present and as expected after a reboot.

1. If I'm not playing music through squeezelight I can choose the picoreplayer as an airplay destination from w/in Spotify on my phone and it plays well.
    2. If I switch the output from airplay back to the phone and start playing music through the sqeezelight, it seems that the devices volume isn't reset properly. I hear music at the expected volume from the other players in the sync group but it's only just barely audible on the player that had been doing airplay (with my ear next to the speaker).
    3. If I leave the music playing out the airplay device in spotify and start the Squeeze systems, spotify goes silent, the jivelight display shows the Squeeze track (and the other players are playing it) but the ex-airplay system is completely silent.

I believe that the first and second situations are supposed to work, but that the third is expected to not work.

Is there something I need to add to the shairport configuration file to get it to reset the audio volume in case #2?

Thanks!

I'm wondering if someone can point me in the right direction - I have enabled bluetooth on my PI3 and it seems to work great. I can scan for my devices using hcitool without issue.

However, I'd like to use gatttool to interact with some bluetooth LE devices but the binary doesn't seem to have installed with the bluez package.

Is this binary provided in another package?

Hartzell, volume control between. Squeezelite and shairport has been a common problem. You should be able to add the hardware volume control to squeezelite. What Sound card are you using?

Willywonka, gatttool is still around, but marked as obsolete. I built it and put the binary on my dropbox.....feel free to grab a copy to play with.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0gdipnyui9cph8p/gatttool?dl=0
    Last edited by paul-; 2020-05-25 at 07:11.

Just for an FYI, I updated the slimserver extension in the repo to the latest nightly

Code:
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590399854 @ Mon May 25 12:25:07 CEST 2020

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Hartzell, volume control between. Squeezelite and shairport has been a common problem. You should be able to add the hardware volume control to squeezelite. What Sound card are you using? [...]

I'm using IQaudio DAC+ boards.

I don't have trouble controlling the volume in shairport, but after I exit it and return to squeezelite there's barely any sound.

My hypothesis was that there was something that needed to be reset between the two.

FWIW, I got the latest Sharetunes plugin working on my LMS server (Free{NAS,BSD} in a jail on x86_64) and it doesn't seem to have the same issue.

Making Dark Interface choice persistent after reboot

Thanks for the Light/Dark interface options in newest version. I notice that the rPi reverts to LIGHT interface after a reboot. Is there a command to make the DARK persistent? No big deal, just curious. thanks!
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify