Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 114 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1186
    Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1990 View Post
    I've been setting up my squeezebox and pi0 but am getting stumped at the last samba set up section. After following the instructions to setup the network location in windows 10, I can't gain access to it. I just get, Windows cannot access \\piCoreLMS\LMSfiles
    Not an answer to your question, but I wonder if it is a good idea to run LMS on a pi0. I am using an pi0w as squeezebox audio player, and that works fine. But I doubt if a pi0 has enough computing power to serve audio streams to multiple squeezebox players.
    | LMS 8.0 | Squeezebox Boom | RPi0W + pCP 6.1.0 + HiFiBerry DAC Zero | SqueezeAMP |

Quote Originally Posted by gizmo1990 View Post
    Thanks for the reply @kidstypike

I've just setup my settings exactly as described in the How To section 'Setup Samba and an USB HDD'

The LMSfiles is a folder which holds my music and playlist folders. From what I can see it's setup exactly as described in the How to section?

One thing that the how to doesn't mention is that a server workgroup needs to be added. I've now changed mine to WORKGROUP (which I now know it is) but I'm still unable to logon?

As @Grumpy Bob has pointed out the pi0 has a microUSB port, which I've got a flash drive connected to.
    Some time ago I was in conversation with a member on another forum about samba and Windows 10, here is a reply from him that I copied, perhaps it may be of assistance ?

[QUOTE][At a loose end I looked again at accessing Samba shares on a R.Pi streamer from the latest Windows 10 versions which by policy forbid using guest access.

On Windows open "This PC" and under "Map network drive" you enter the music folder on the R.Pi (\\<R.Pi-address-or-name>\share-name\), tick the "Connect using different credentials" box and then "Finish". It seems that Windows will then let you have username=tc and password=the password you set on the piCorePlayer Samba setup (on the LMS tab). And the Music folder appears.

That seems to avoid either turning off a sensible policy in Windows or altering the Samba configuration on piCorePlayer. This may also work on other R.Pi streamer packages with different user details./QUOTE]

ronnie

Thanks so much for all the replies everyone. I was just about to start looking into changing the policy access when I thought I'd give things one last look over. I then spied that my share path had a capital F in files... I changed it over and voila, instant access!

Name:  picore3.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  226.7 KB

Case sensitivity can be a real annoyance sometimes! Anyway, thanks again for all the comments. They likely played a big part in me going over things that last time, so they were all worth it.

***EDIT***

Having said all that... I am now having an issue copying over files?? I get an Interrupted Action box?
    Looking up the code just mentions about setting up a hard disk as a backup drive?? Does anyone know why this is appearing? Perhaps I've even misunderstood and writing isn't supported, only reading? What is odd though is that it creates the initial folder of what I'm copying but not the contents? Which suggests that I should be able to perform a write function?

Name:  picore4.jpg
Views: 221
Size:  43.9 KB
    Last edited by gizmo1990; 2020-09-29 at 06:20.

Time to fill in an RFE for a Browse button in the UI. ;-) It's saved me multiple times as it verifies that various network/permission things are accessible or working.

I think your Workgroup should still be "WORKGROUP" though. ;-)

Try doing a CLI file copy to see what the error is. Explorer error codes suck. In fact Explorer copy sucks generally. I use robocopy for comprehensive/large file copy operations, and you can also log the output to a file to check for errors. Rsync is good too for Linux leaning folks.
    Last edited by mr-b; 2020-09-29 at 08:22.

picoreplayer gui not starting automatically

HI. Latest picoreplayer 6.1.0 on rpi4/8gb. Not sure why this is no longer working. It was working fine until (surely a coincidence), I changed wifi netowrk & password. Since then, squeezelite and lms still start at power up, and work as before. BUT gui (httpd on 80) is not starting. I can ssh to it and start it manually, and then it works fine (until next reboot). pcp.cfg has disable_gui set to 0

Is there any log file I can look at to help diag the problem, Or anything else I should look at. (it is acting as if disable_gui is set to 1 - can anything else set this flag?

Quote Originally Posted by mr-b View Post
    Time to fill in an RFE for a Browse button in the UI. ;-) It's saved me multiple times as it verifies that various network/permission things are accessible or working.

I think your Workgroup should still be "WORKGROUP" though. ;-)

Try doing a CLI file copy to see what the error is. Explorer error codes suck. In fact Explorer copy sucks generally. I use robocopy for comprehensive/large file copy operations, and you can also log the output to a file to check for errors. Rsync is good too for Linux leaning folks.
    Thanks for the reply @mr-b Sorry I'd used an old screenshot, I already had my Workgroup set to WORKGROUP.

My DOS commands are a little rusty, how would I connect (actually type) to goto the share that Samba has created? It's not like I can go (for example)
    Code:
    E:
    to enter the share location. Looking at the share properties in explorer the target is \\piCoreLMS\LMSfiles what does that mean in terms of its actual drive allocation? Sorry if I'm being a bit stupid!

copy "myfile.mp3" "\\piCoreLMS\LMSfiles"
    mkdir "\\piCoreLMS\LMSfiles\afolder"

In those examples the double-quotes are not really needed because there are no spaces in the paths ... but does not hurt to have them in and serves as a good reminder for when you do have spaces in file/folder names.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Yup. And if you want to permanently map a drive to cut down the amount of UNC (windows network path) typing and/or if you are using specific user credentials then try something like this:

net use s: \\piCoreLMS\LMSfiles /user:me my-password /persistent:Yes

To check the mapping:

net use

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Barnett View Post
    HI. Latest picoreplayer 6.1.0 on rpi4/8gb. Not sure why this is no longer working. It was working fine until (surely a coincidence), I changed wifi netowrk & password. Since then, squeezelite and lms still start at power up, and work as before. BUT gui (httpd on 80) is not starting. I can ssh to it and start it manually, and then it works fine (until next reboot). pcp.cfg has disable_gui set to 0

Is there any log file I can look at to help diag the problem, Or anything else I should look at. (it is acting as if disable_gui is set to 1 - can anything else set this flag?
    Hi Paul_Barnett,

That's a weird one. I have never seen that before.

The only 2 variables relate to httpd.

Code:
    GUI_DISABLE="0"
    WWW_PORT="80"
    I don't understand what's happening?

The disable web GUI creates a file /tmp/stop_httpd.sh to disable httpd after "x" seconds.

Using this undocumented command may work:

http://192.168.1.xxx/cgi-bin/securit...BY=Disable+GUI

The boot log should show what's happening regarding httpd.

I think the quickest option is to do a clean install.

regards
    Greg

picoreplayer gui not starting automatically

aha.. I did not know about /var/log/pcp_boot.log ...

here are the last few lines:

[ INFO ] Starting Squeezelite player: Squeezelite...
    Done.
    Powering off HDMI...thread 'main' panicked at 'Authentication failed with reason: BadCredentials', /home/pi/.cargo/git/checkouts/librespot-40ba8a51a8dd7e0d/8c2bd4e/core/src/connection/mod.rs:93:21
    note: Run with `RUST_BACKTRACE=1` environment variable to display a backtrace.
    thread 'main' panicked at 'Authentication failed with reason: BadCredentials', /home/pi/.cargo/git/checkouts/librespot-40ba8a51a8dd7e0d/8c2bd4e/core/src/connection/mod.rs:93:21
    thread 'main' panicked at 'Authentication failed with reason: BadCredentials', /home/pi/.cargo/git/checkouts/librespot-40ba8a51a8dd7e0d/8c2bd4e/core/src/connection/mod.rs:93:21

So it looks like the startup script died at power off hdmi, before getting around to starting the gui.

I changed the hdmi power switch from off to on, (in tweaks) and it is now working as expected. (I dont recall changing this switch, but maybe..)

Note that in the gui, setting the switch to on never replied. and after a reboot, was still set to off, so maybe gui had the same problem as startup.
    Anyway, setting it to on in the gui, no reply, then a backup from the main screen, then reboot, fixed it.