Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 57 of 80 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by netchord View Post
    thanks Gary. i've got everything pretty well configured now, and even have Spotty working, which wasn't when using the Synology to run LMS.

one remaining issue: all my Playlists are duplicated, and they're all blank.

Attachment 30544

i've rescanned just playlists, and done a clear everything/rescan as well. cleared browser cache, and tried a different browser. no luck.

any idea what might be going on?
    Not sure why they are doubled, unless you have the playlist folder inside the music folder (bad idea).
    for example, in my files on LMS, I have the following structure:

albums are in flac subdirectory under music
    music/flac/.....

Playlist files are in playlist subdirectory under music
    music/playlists

And I tell LMS this in the settings section.

But the empty playlists are likely because the file locations in your playlist files are now different. For example, in my vortexbox LMS server, the playlist file locations are something like:

/storage/music/flac/Buddy Holly/Not Fade Away; The Complete Studio Recordings and More\Disc 3\10-I'm Gonna Love You Too.flac

in my rPi LMS server, the file location (using attached USB drive) is:

/mnt/LMSfiles/music/flac/Buddy Holly/Not Fade Away; The Complete Studio Recordings and More\Disc 3\10-I'm Gonna Love You Too.flac

The way I fixed this when I transfered the playlist files is to simply edit the playlist files with a find and replace using any text editor. for example, I'd want to:
    find: /storage/music/
    replace with: /mnt/LMSfiles/music/

I can do this easily for multiple playlist (text) files all at once using find and replace within the free program, Notepad++

edit: to figure out what the correct file locations are for your rPi, just create a new playlist file within LMS running on your rPi pointing at some NAS music. then open this new playlist file and look at the folder references.
    Last edited by garym; 2020-06-01 at 15:54.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.3>Squeezelite
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    Not sure why they are doubled, unless you have the playlist folder inside the music folder (bad idea). But the empty playlists are likely because the file locations in your playlist files are now different. For example, in my vortexbox LMS server, the playlist file locations are something like:

/storage/music/flac/Buddy Holly/Not Fade Away; The Complete Studio Recordings and More\Disc 3\10-I'm Gonna Love You Too.flac

in my rPi LMS server, the file location (using attached USB drive) is:

/mnt/LMSfiles/music/flac/Buddy Holly/Not Fade Away; The Complete Studio Recordings and More\Disc 3\10-I'm Gonna Love You Too.flac

The way I fixed this when I transfered the playlist files is to simply edit the playlist files with a find and replace using any text editor. for example, I'd want to:
    find: /storage/music/
    replace with: /mnt/LMSfiles/music/

I can do this easily for multiple playlist (text) files all at once using find and replace within the free program, Notepad++

edit: to figure out what the correct file locations are for your rPi, just create a new playlist file within LMS running on your rPi pointing at some NAS music. then open this new playlist file and look at the folder references.
    playlists are in a separate folder. will check the path, guess i assumed since i pointed the new instance of LMS to the folder it would understand the server path was inferred.
    --
    4 TB Drobo-->FW 800-->mac mini-->Ethernet
    Transporter--> Wireworld Eclipse 6 coax-->Meridian G61
    G61--> Nordost Red Dawn-->Primare 30.3
    Primare-->Ocos--Vienna Acoustics Beethoven/Maestro

Quote Originally Posted by netchord View Post
    playlists are in a separate folder. will check the path, guess i assumed since i pointed the new instance of LMS to the folder it would understand the server path was inferred.
    look at my post above again, I edited with add'l info.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4) or rPi4B/pCP6.0/4TB>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)

look at my post above again, I edited with add'l info.
    i edited, and still seeing doubles/blanks.

here's the path for the music folder and playlist folder:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-06-01 at 7.31.50 PM.png
Views: 220
Size:  114.7 KB

and here's and example of the text for one of the playlists:

#CURTRACK 15
    #EXTM3U
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Cassandra%20Wilson/Blue%20Light%20Til%20Dawn/10%20Tupelo%20Honey.aiff
    #EXTINF:336,Tupelo Honey
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Cassandra Wilson/Blue Light Til Dawn/10 Tupelo Honey.aiff
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Emmylou%20Harris/Wrecking%20Ball/02%20Goodbye.aif
    #EXTINF:292,Goodbye
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Emmylou Harris/Wrecking Ball/02 Goodbye.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Susan%20Tedeschi/Just%20Won%27t%20Burn/10%20Angel%20From%20Montgomery.aif
    #EXTINF:323,Angel From Montgomery
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Susan Tedeschi/Just Won't Burn/10 Angel From Montgomery.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Van%20Morrison/The%20Healing%20Game/08%20Sometimes%20We%20Cry.aif
    #EXTINF:314,Sometimes We Cry
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Van Morrison/The Healing Game/08 Sometimes We Cry.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/The%20Subdudes/Annunciation/02%20Why%20Can%27t%20I%20Forget%20About%20You.aif
    #EXTINF:266,Why Can't I Forget About You
    /musicstation/Music/Music/The Subdudes/Annunciation/02 Why Can't I Forget About You.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/John%20Hiatt/Bring%20The%20Family/04%20Lipstick%20Sunset.aif
    #EXTINF:253,Lipstick Sunset
    /musicstation/Music/Music/John Hiatt/Bring The Family/04 Lipstick Sunset.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Jamey%20Johnson/The%20Guitar%20Song/1-09%20That%27s%20How%20I%20Don%27t%20Love%20You.aif
    #EXTINF:235,That's How I Don't Love You
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Jamey Johnson/The Guitar Song/1-09 That's How I Don't Love You.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Tom%20Russell/Love%20&%20Fear/10%20All%20The%20Fine%20Young%20Ladies.aif
    #EXTINF:250,All The Fine Young Ladies
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Tom Russell/Love & Fear/10 All The Fine Young Ladies.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Blue%20Rodeo/Five%20Days%20In%20July/09%20%27Til%20I%20Gain%20Control%20Again.aif
    #EXTINF:269,'Til I Gain Control Again
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Blue Rodeo/Five Days In July/09 'Til I Gain Control Again.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Rodney%20Crowell/The%20Outsider/10%20Shelter%20From%20The%20Storm.aif
    #EXTINF:326,Shelter From The Storm
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Rodney Crowell/The Outsider/10 Shelter From The Storm.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/The%20Nitty%20Gritty%20Dirt%20Band/Will%20The%20Circle%20Be%20Unbroken,%20Vol.%202/16%20One%20Step%20Over%20The%20Line.aif
    #EXTINF:270,One Step Over The Line
    /musicstation/Music/Music/The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band/Will The Circle Be Unbroken, Vol. 2/16 One Step Over The Line.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/The%20Nitty%20Gritty%20Dirt%20Band/Will%20The%20Circle%20Be%20Unbroken,%20Vol.%202/17%20You%20Ain%27t%20Going%20Nowhere.aif
    #EXTINF:233,You Ain't Going Nowhere
    /musicstation/Music/Music/The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band/Will The Circle Be Unbroken, Vol. 2/17 You Ain't Going Nowhere.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/John%20Hiatt/Bring%20The%20Family/05%20Have%20A%20Little%20Faith%20In%20Me.aif
    #EXTINF:245,Have A Little Faith In Me
    /musicstation/Music/Music/John Hiatt/Bring The Family/05 Have A Little Faith In Me.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/The%20Subdudes/Miracle%20Mule/04%20Brightest%20Star.aif
    #EXTINF:295,Brightest Star
    /musicstation/Music/Music/The Subdudes/Miracle Mule/04 Brightest Star.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/The%20Subdudes/The%20Subdudes/04%20Need%20Somebody.aif
    #EXTINF:220,Need Somebody
    /musicstation/Music/Music/The Subdudes/The Subdudes/04 Need Somebody.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Lucinda%20Williams/Car%20Wheels%20On%20A%20Gravel%20Road/06%20Lake%20Charles.aif
    #EXTINF:328,Lake Charles
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Lucinda Williams/Car Wheels On A Gravel Road/06 Lake Charles.aif
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Van%20Morrison/Tupelo%20Honey/06%20Tupelo%20Honey.aif
    #EXTINF:413,Tupelo Honey
    /musicstation/Music/Music/Van Morrison/Tupelo Honey/06 Tupelo Honey.aif
    --

inside playlist references not correct:

instead of:
    #EXTURL:file:///musicstation/Music/Music/Cassandra%20Wilson/Blue%20Light%20Til%20Dawn/10%20Tupelo%20Honey.aiff

should be (I've bolded):
    #EXTURL:file:///mnt/musicstation/Music/Music/Cassandra%20Wilson/Blue%20Light%20Til%20Dawn/10%20Tupelo%20Honey.aiff

(and in case I'm not quite right, create a new playlist from a music file in the rPi, then look at it to see how the location reference differs).

p.s. If this doesn't fix it, you should probably start a new thread on "LMS doubling my playlists and blank too" or something. Your current problem has nothing to do with this thread.
    Last edited by garym; 2020-06-01 at 16:42.

HiFiBerry DAC+ DSP

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    I have no idea, I don't have the card to play with. But there is no special driver for this card, so music path must be set via a mixer.
    Hi,

the HifiBerry DAC+ DSP uses an old overlay (dtoverlay=hifiberry-dac). Therefore I used an older Audio Output Device Setting: HifiBerry DAC Zero/MiniAMP.

With this configuration, I get music on both outputs, analogue and digital. Hence, from pCP point of view, everything is fine.

But unfortunately, the HifiBerry HAT doesn't work as I expected. The sampling rate of the digital output is always 48 kHz because the DSP has to run with a fixed sample rate to process the audio samples. HifiBerry confirmed this behaviour:
    https://support.hifiberry.com/hc/en-...put-Samplerate

This transformation is also done if the input signal has 44.1 kHz as sampling rate. I am not sure whether I can live with this kind of transformation.

inside playlist references not correct:

instead of:

should be (I've bolded):
    #EXTURL:file:///mnt/musicstation/Music/Music/Cassandra%20Wilson/Blue%20Light%20Til%20Dawn/10%20Tupelo%20Honey.aiff

(and in case I'm not quite right, create a new playlist from a music file in the rPi, then look at it to see how the location reference differs).

p.s. If this doesn't fix it, you should probably start a new thread on "LMS doubling my playlists and blank too" or something. Your current problem has nothing to do with this thread.
    thanks Gary, got it to work, and figured out the the duplicates as well. really appreciate the help.

still have some odd playlist behavior, but that's another thread.
    --

Won't stay in 'Beta' Mode, Every Boot of PiCorePlayer

Something minor I noticed. I have a New Pi 4 running PcP 6.0. Just running squeezelite and for some reason it will not stay in Beta Mode. Every time I boot it up, it reverts to Player mode. My other Pi 4 Running just LMS and Not Squeezelite will stay in Beta Mode.

As, well as my Other 8 other Raspberry Pies that are mostly 3B+, All running 6.0 and only squeezelite will also stay in Beta Mode.

You need to run a backup task after you change. Some tasks will automatically run a backup, but most simple tasks will not. If you do not see a box that says a backup is being done, then it's not done.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    You need to run a backup task after you change. Some tasks will automatically run a backup, but most simple tasks will not. If you do not see a box that says a backup is being done, then it's not done.
    Thanks ! -- Stupid Me! --- I backed it up and it worked fine.... I had mistakenly thought that a Reboot backed it up first.