Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 112 of 113 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113 LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1122
    Right, that's all done and the 9000 page works, only outstanding issue is pointing the LMS down the network to my NAS drive with the music files.

How do I do that as I can't seem to browse from the 9000 settings page outside the confines of the Pi?

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Right, that's all done and the 9000 page works, only outstanding issue is pointing the LMS down the network to my NAS drive with the music files.

How do I do that as I can't seem to browse from the 9000 settings page outside the confines of the Pi?
    first, have you followed the instructions on connecting your NAS to the rPi via the network settings, etc. (all within the picoreplayer instructions somewhere...I can't find at the moment, but I don't use a NAS). Second, once that is done, then one simply browses to and selects the location of the music files from within LMS > Settings > Basic Settings tab > media folders. (this is the same as any LMS install, regardless of operating system).
    Home: VBA2.5 4TB or rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: rPi4B/pCP6.1/4TB>LMS 7.9.3>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet except Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>foobar2000
    The Wild: rPi3B+/pCP4.0, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone11 & iPadAir3 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64)
    Files: Ripping: dbpoweramp > FLAC; Post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Yes, I've found my way over there but am stuck being asked the "mount point" for the network drive, it won't accept a blank field. Double dutch to me.

The rest of the 9000 settings I'm comfortable with.

Using piCorePlayer web user interface select the LMS tab and scroll down to "Setup Network Disk Mount" and fill in the boxes there.

Here's mine:

Name:  mountnas.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  62.0 KB
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Thanks for the reply.

I've found my way there, is flatcap just an arbitrary name you've chosen for id purposes?

Thanks for the reply.

I've found my way there, is flatcap just an arbitrary name you've chosen for id purposes?
    Yes, exactly, you can name it anything you like.
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 - 74K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B/pCP 6.1.0/pi screen/Allo Boss DAC Ruark MR1 Mk2
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 6.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Garage - Squeezebox Boom + Fostex sub
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Radio

Spares - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

piCorePlayer and Pimoroni Blinkt

Hi

I am trying to get a piCorePlayer install working with Pimoroni's Blinkt set of LEDs, github.com/pimoroni/blinkt. I understand it requires the Python-RPI.GPIO, which no longer seems to be available via Extensions.

If I install the python3.6 extension, can I just run "sudo pip3 install blinkt"?

Has anybody else got this LED set working on a TinyCore distro?

Thanks in advance.

RPi-GPIO-python3.6.tcz is the extension you need. If you want to install everything for blinkt, you can use pip. pip is not installed by default, but you can use pip if you use the --user flag when installing. To get pip, follow this.

https://pip.pypa.io/en/stable/installing/

After installing anything with pip and --user. It will install stuff to /home/tc/.local which will increase the size of your backups. But it does work.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Q: Make pCP visible?

What do I have to set to make pCP visible by name on local network, for example like <player-name>.local? Right now I can only access it by its IP number.

Does your PCP use DHCP? If your DHCP server is also your DNS then you should be able to resolve your PCP host name as it should be registered in your local namespace.