Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    MPD is completely different technology to LMS that is installed on piCorePlayer.
    If you want to use piCorePlayer and LMS with an iOS device then use iPeng (or Squeezepad if using an iPad)
    If you want to use MPD then forget about pCorePlayer altogether and use Raspbian or something else on the Pi.

This is an LMS forum so it is unlikely that anyone will have detailed knowledge of installing MPD on a Pi.
    Hi Greg

I discovered that 'DS Audio' the music player of Synology also works fine with Picore and LMS on the NAS.
    It's a simple player but works fine.
    But I'm satisfied with it and know of iPeng for if I want more possibilities.
    Thanks for all.
    Greetings,
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by d6jg View Post
    MPD is completely different technology to LMS that is installed on piCorePlayer.
    If you want to use piCorePlayer and LMS with an iOS device then use iPeng (or Squeezepad if using an iPad)
    If you want to use MPD then forget about pCorePlayer altogether and use Raspbian or something else on the Pi.

This is an LMS forum so it is unlikely that anyone will have detailed knowledge of installing MPD on a Pi.
    Hi Greg
    I discovered that 'DS Audio' the music player of Synology works also fine with Picore and LMS on the NAS!
    It's a simple player and when I want more in the future I know of iPeng.
    Thanks for all your help.
    Greetings
    Peter

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoAra View Post
    Are there any alternatives as it keeps crashing on my iPod Touch?
    A slightly different approach is to use the Material Skin LMS plugin and then access it via your normal browser. It's a very good user experience, although I'm not sure if it would cover all the features of Ipeng, since I've never used that. It's certainly on a par with the Android LMS apps now.

However, I think this request was for a player rather than (or as well as) a controller.
    Until someone does Slimproto (etc) in JavaScript it would mean connecting to stream.mp3 from a different browser/player
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by tw99 View Post
    I'm not sure if it would cover all the features of Ipeng
    You would only have a controller for a player not a player.
    But the experience is great and you can save as a standalone Webapp on the iPhone, so you have the look and feel of a real app. It is running in fullscreen then.
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by timmiller View Post
    I don’t know how for an iPhone but for Linux Of course, PiCore cannot be called the most advanced Linux distribution for the Raspberry Pi. It is definitely one of the most minimalist distros that does not load the system and can perform the basic functions required by the user.I remember being a student and while doing my homework using and then getting excellent marks from teachers, I also listened to music from my iPhone through piCore with those old AirPods, how it is nostalgic now.
    Have a luck with your piCore.
    Name:  image-product_spam-classic-12oz-420x420.png
Views: 137
Size:  48.0 KB
    Last edited by mherger; 2021-03-04 at 02:53.

Quote Originally Posted by Yatsushiro View Post
    Name:  image-product_spam-classic-12oz-420x420.png
Views: 137
Size:  48.0 KB
    Thanks for the Spam . But you better report the issue to me and don't quote the spam message, as it makes it harder for me to get rid of it...
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    No, there is also SqueezePad which works on iPad!
    One of the best remote application for LMS, elegant UI and also provide a player.
    Tête à FLAC

2 X SB Classic
    2 X SB2
    1 X SB Boom
    1 X SB Touch
    1 X Transporter
    2 X Duet + Remote
    3 X Rpi+Picoreplayer
    2 X Chromecast
    1 X Chromecast Audio
    1 X Atoll ST100

All devives connected via CeolBOX server aka The Musical Box
    Using OrangeSqueeze and Material Skin Plug-in to remote all my connected devices.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Thanks for the Spam . But you better report the issue to me and don't quote the spam message, as it makes it harder for me to get rid of it...

Noted!

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Michael,

I think post #13 in this thread is also spam - it contains a link to what looks to be an essay mill type site (as did the now deleted post) - conclusion generator.

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 4/pCP7.0/LMS8.1.2/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), 1 x SqueezeAMP
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    Portable: Raspberry Pi 3B/pCP7.0.1/LMS8.1.2/Material, files on Seagate portable drive, powered via power brick