Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I didn't find any trace of a conductor in your file. Tried several tools. LMS does not report the CON tag as you showed in your screenshot.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"
    (LMS: Settings/Information)

Quote Originally Posted by schup011 View Post
    I had the simplistic approach that one of the commonly used tagging programs like mp3tag knows it better than I do :-).
    Quite possibly it is their "invention".

I suppose that if this '@con' atom has now become the norm for modern taggers, then there's good reason for LMS to follow suit. From memory, LMS would see it as 'CON', because I think that's what Audio::Scan does with these '@...' atoms.

I did not have a hex editor available here at work, bit I just opened it with the simple Windows Editor and I found it, along with all the other tags, although, of course, the whole file is binary:

Code:
    ‡ *N *Œµ *Ê  +  Mudta  Emeta       !hdlr        mdirappl           ilst    trkn   data                 disk   data               tmpo   data            pgap   data           cpil   data          #©con   data       Zubin Mehta   gnre   data         !   ©day   data       1976   ----   mean    com.apple.iTunes   5name    UFIDhttp://www.cddb.com/id3/taginfo1.html   Ddata       3CD3N71S3668534V58E1158D691B9258E4021F0DE747B5CF52P4   9©too   1data       iTunes 10.1.2.17, QuickTime 7.6.9   %©nam   data       Sonnenaufgang   ¼----   mean    com.apple.iTunes   name    iTunSMPB   „data        00000000 00000840 00000224 000000000037F59C 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000   ¢----   mean    com.apple.iTunes   name    iTunNORM   jdata        00000687 00000517 00002ADD 00002D80 00005E6B 00000145 00007BA3 000067EF 0000CE2A 000001E7   S----   mean    com.apple.iTunes   name    iTunes_CDDB_IDs   data       20++   '©wrt   data       Richard Strauss   f----   mean    com.apple.iTunes   name    BAND   2data       Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra   :aART   2data       Los Angeles Philharmonic Orchestra   C©alb   ;data       S 02 - Richard Strauss EINE ALPENSINFONIE >   w----   mean    com.apple.iTunes   name    Encoding Params   8data        vers   acbf   brat è srcq   cdcv   
    ®free
    Edit: See the "con" tag, followed by "data" and "Zubin Mehta"?
    This, of course, is only a part of the file.
    Last edited by schup011; 2020-03-02 at 09:46.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I didn't find any trace of a conductor in your file. Tried several tools. LMS does not report the CON tag as you showed in your screenshot.
    With or without the change I suggested?

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    Quite possibly it is their "invention".

I suppose that if this '@con' atom has now become the norm for modern taggers, then there's good reason for LMS to follow suit. From memory, LMS would see it as 'CON', because I think that's what Audio::Scan does with these '@...' atoms.
    Yes, it e.g. sees the "©wrt" as "WRT", and as WRT is included in the Tag Mapping list, it is recognized correctly as the "COMPOSER" tag.

Thanks a lot! I guess you mean sending you a sample .m4a file with the "CON" tag. I will do that tonight.

Edit: Managed to do it already now. So the file is on the Dropbox. The conductor tag should display "Zubin Mehta" if recognized properly. I checked within this file that mp3tag has written the con tag.
    Usually, Michael doesn’t see edits since reading a mailing list rather than the forum.

Oh my... I was looking for the wrong name... I'll re-test later.
    Michael

"It doesn't work - what shall I do?" - "Please check your server.log and/or scanner.log file!"

Quote Originally Posted by karlek View Post
    Usually, Michael doesn’t see edits since reading a mailing list rather than the forum.
    In this particular case I do, as this forum isn't available as a mailing list.
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Oh my... I was looking for the wrong name... I'll re-test later.
    Maybe I also forgot to mention that I did not upload the file from the first example of this thread but I use one which is much smaller in size, and has other tag contents. Sorry.

Could this be the reason? If so, I think it is just one line of code that is missing. It would be new line 23:
    CON => 'CONDUCTOR',
    Ok, that did indeed change it. I've committed the change to LMS8. Please give it a try when it's available (might take another hour or two).
    Michael