Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post
    I'm no expert, these questions are better asked on the dedicated piCorePlayer forums, where the devs are more likely to see them.

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...-0-PI4-support

https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...rePlayer-5-0-0
    Fair enough. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    yep, I can imagine the cache gets fairly large. I've asked the question about the 300MB resize over at the official "5.0" forum.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post965746
    Many thanks also from my side.

Well I dived in, I bought a pi4 and setup PCP 6 which supports the pi4. Connected it to my internet facing network and all seems well, setup LMS, that launches fine. So far so good.

The issues seem to have started with getting a USB drive to show up, I can see the drive in the LMS config page in PCP but when I put in the path to mount it tries for quite a while and seems to fail. Then if I launch the LMS page to configure my file locations I can't see anything under the mounted drive.

I've also tried to browse to it with winscp and cant see it. I created a folder called LMS on the root of the USB drive with all my music underneath e.g. LMS\artist1\album1\song1.flac is the file structure.

I'm getting some weird disk related messages on the console when it boots "ntfs_attr_pread_I" also it shows 2 patitions, 1 128MB and the other 2tb ish and theres only 1 shown in windows.

I'm going to try another drive tomorrow but this one works in windows and is healthy in smart analysis. Might just try a usb stick for simplicity to get it going for now but does anyone have any pointers on this?

See attached picture. Under the piCorePlayer webGUI, LMS tab you should see something like this. Questions:

1. did you install the "additional file systems"
    2. do you see the drive mounted and named etc. as in my picture?

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 76
Size:  58.3 KB
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Yeah I installed the file systems and it then said my drive is a gpt drive and to install support for that which I did. Then the drive showed up under usb mounts as in your image. It shows as 2 partitions though, the 128MB one and the 2tb one. Then when I tick the 2tb one, type my path and click set usb mount it tries to mount and seems to fail, I'm not in front of it right now so can't remember the exact message.

Quote Originally Posted by stephentw View Post
    Yeah I installed the file systems and it then said my drive is a gpt drive and to install support for that which I did. Then the drive showed up under usb mounts as in your image. It shows as 2 partitions though, the 128MB one and the 2tb one. Then when I tick the 2tb one, type my path and click set usb mount it tries to mount and seems to fail, I'm not in front of it right now so can't remember the exact message.
    Not sure if having more than one partition is a problem. My USB drive only has a single partition.
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

Well thats the weird thing, in windows and partition managers it doesnt. Are there any issues with large drives? It's a 2tb drive.

I've found this, wonder if this is my issue?

https://www.zayblog.com/computer-and...-raspberry-pi/

I do have a small partition the same as mentioned in this post but its not even visible in Windows. Will the commands described work on the PCP console?

I tried to install LMS another time on top of pCP and this time the scanning of the library was successful.

But I have encountered some issues:
    After I corrected some genres names via MP3tag I wanted to perform a rescan of the Rescan Media Library. But once I clicked on the rescan button it didn┤t grey out (hence it appears that no scan was done and yes, genre names remain unchanged).

Then I wanted to create an "advanced" SQL List (the same I used already when LMS was running on my NAS). But when I clicked on the "advance" list it starts connecting to my PI (the PI IP was permanently shown in the bottom left side) but nothing happened. Now I can`t access LMS anyore although LMS is shown as "running" in pCP.

Name:  2020-02-26 12_53_29-Window.png
Views: 54
Size:  21.7 KB

Pressing Stop, Start or Restart LMS doesn`t change anything, I still can`t access the GUI.

Any hint you guys can give me?

EDIT:
    Very strange...I returned to pCP and tried to stop LMS another time. This time it worked.

Name:  2020-02-26 13_04_47-Window.png
Views: 48
Size:  19.6 KB

Restarting worked now.
    Rescanning is still not working for me. After clicking on the button it results in "waiting for [my IP]..".
    Last edited by marflao; 2020-02-26 at 05:11.

Hmm....can`t access LMS again.

In pCP I enabled "show logs".

The last server logs mention this:

[20-02-26 13:16:22.4944] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1888) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Commands::rescanCommand]: [Carp::Clan::__ANON__(): DBI Exception: DBD::SQLite::db do failed: database is locked at /usr/local/slimserver/Slim/Schema/Storage.pm line 126
    ]
    [20-02-26 13:24:42.9067] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1572359887, Tue Oct 29 16:56:53 CET 2019) perl 5.028002 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int
    [20-02-26 13:24:43.8547] Slim::Networking::UDP::init (39) FATAL: There is already another copy of the Logitech Media Server running on this machine. (Address already in use)
    [20-02-26 13:24:43.8566] Log::Log4perl::Logger::and_die (868) Warning: FATAL: There is already another copy of the Logitech Media Server running on this machine. (Address already in use) at /usr/local/slimserver/lib/Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm line 900
    [20-02-26 13:27:23.8109] main::init (387) Starting Logitech Media Server (v7.9.2, 1572359887, Tue Oct 29 16:56:53 CET 2019) perl 5.028002 - arm-linux-gnueabihf-thread-multi-64int

Don`t understand the error messages that another copy of LMS is running ....

Quote Originally Posted by stephentw View Post
    Well thats the weird thing, in windows and partition managers it doesnt. Are there any issues with large drives? It's a 2tb drive.
    I've used 4TB USB portable drives with no issues.

Noob questions about LMS onRaspberry Pi

> Don`t understand the error messages that another copy of LMS is running

It means you're trying to start LMS while LMS already is running.

--

Michael