Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    ahh..ok....thanks, Michael.

Weird thing ...somehow I could stop LMS and when I restarted it I could access the GUI again.

Now I`m struggeling that with the SBT (which uses my daughter) only Flac files are shown (and not the MP3s).

Player setup looks like:

Name:  2020-02-26 14_22_25-Window.png
Views: 92
Size:  26.9 KB

Same settings I used to have with LMS on my NAS.

File types settings looks like (also no changes to the NAS version):

Name:  2020-02-26 14_25_23-Window.png
Views: 92
Size:  5.7 KB

Any clue what I need to change?

EDIT:

The MP3s files are definitely scanned.
    There are shown in "Album Artists" (the yellow marked ones for instance).

Name:  2020-02-26 15_07_58-Window.png
Views: 86
Size:  5.9 KB

But if I go to her "created profile" I only see the Flac ones:

Name:  2020-02-26 15_11_52-Window.png
Views: 86
Size:  8.9 KB

So what did i miss?
    Last edited by marflao; 2020-02-26 at 07:17.

Quote Originally Posted by garym View Post
    I've used 4TB USB portable drives with no issues.
    Ok thanks, I'll try with another usb device tonight and see how I get on. Might be a splatting issue.

Is there a particular way I should format a large drive to maintain both windows and linux compatibility?

Quote Originally Posted by stephentw View Post
    Ok thanks, I'll try with another usb device tonight and see how I get on. Might be a splatting issue.

Is there a particular way I should format a large drive to maintain both windows and linux compatibility?
    I use NFTS, but not sure if that is the "best". It works on both my rPi and my windows machines.
    Last edited by garym; 2020-02-26 at 07:39.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Ok thanks, I'll do some experimenting.

Right got another usb drive working fine. Think its an issue with the original drive.

Progress report, I've got music from both of my squeezeboxes!

I've also configured the IP's on my squeezebox only network in such a way that I can just switch the pi network cable to connect it to the internet if I want to install any updates etc. Then switch the cable back and it's running straight away on the squeezebox network. Awesome.

I've had a few things not work, couldn't configure the pi as a wireless AP for some reason. I'll look into that again later.

Now I just need to setup LMS to my liking.

great. enjoy!
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop

I get occasional stutters in playback, would that likely be my cache location? I didn't move it to the usb drive yet it's still on the SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by stephentw View Post
    I get occasional stutters in playback, would that likely be my cache location? I didn't move it to the usb drive yet it's still on the SD card.
    cache location is unlikely the reason. Tell us what you are playing when stuttering? local files (from what location?), streaming files (and are they hi-res?), etc.

Quick update from my side:

due to the fact that I couldn`t access LMS anymore this morning (and stopping/restarting didn`t work at all) I decided to burn a new pCP 5.0.0. image to another card (32GB) and installed everything from scratch.

So far everything works as expected ( such as the view with all corresponding Album artists for my daughter) and even better:
    i) LMS GUI is definitly more snappy than it was when it was running on the NAS and
    ii) there aren`t any interruptions and/or stops anymore which occured when my NAS`CPU was under load from other activities, too.

Should have done this move earlier ;-)

Cheers,
    M.
    Last edited by marflao; 2020-02-27 at 07:09.