Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Battery low. Please charge me.

I've just moved home, which is somewhat fun, but I've been in chaos for more than a week.

In the old place I had my Squeezebox Radio connected to mains power, occasionally turned on but very rarely.

After my move I am just ready to play with it and get it working. But when I tried to turn it on (without connecting to the mains) it just said "Battery low. Please charge me". So I connected it to the mains, after I found the charger, but kept getting the same message.

What was stranger is that it then turned off (not a surprise in itself if the battery was low) and then spontaneously restarted. It kept doing that, and I couldn't get it to switch off.

Just at the moment it is not giving that message but every few seconds (I've not timed it) the Logitech logo flashes and that's all.

I'm going to keep it plugged in overnight and see if anything improves. And when I have a bit of time I might try removing the battery and seeing what happens if I try to run it only on mains power.

It's amazing how often just posting about a problem solves the issue.

It looks as though the battery was just too low to do anything sensible.

And plugging into the mains for a while charged the battery enough to make the machine responsive.

I'm currently getting a normal screen showing the battery charging and an uptime of 2 minutes (though it's been plugged in for far longer than that.

We'll see if it keeps going ok.

Quote Originally Posted by danco View Post
    I've just moved home, which is somewhat fun, but I've been in chaos for more than a week.

In the old place I had my Squeezebox Radio connected to mains power, occasionally turned on but very rarely.

After my move I am just ready to play with it and get it working. But when I tried to turn it on (without connecting to the mains) it just said "Battery low. Please charge me". So I connected it to the mains, after I found the charger, but kept getting the same message.

What was stranger is that it then turned off (not a surprise in itself if the battery was low) and then spontaneously restarted. It kept doing that, and I couldn't get it to switch off.

Just at the moment it is not giving that message but every few seconds (I've not timed it) the Logitech logo flashes and that's all.

I'm going to keep it plugged in overnight and see if anything improves. And when I have a bit of time I might try removing the battery and seeing what happens if I try to run it only on mains power.
    Its possible the charger has failed, have you tested it ?

Switch mode PSU's often fail on powerup after non use

And the cycling is due to the battery running out, recovering (self recovery) and then discharging again (Help out by battery management circuitry I expect)

Jeff

Want a webapp ? Get SqueezeLite-X ! https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post903953

It does now look as if it is working ok.

But I have another question. The list of wireless networks includes a lot of networks associated with my old home. Is there any way to remove them from the list of available networks as they are just clutter.