Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Yamaha musiccast picore player

Hi
    im using the Yamaha musiccast system and was wondering if it is possible to add a picore player.

I have 2 musiccast 20 speakers and would like to have music in the bathroom. Since my bathroom is small it isn't worth to invest the money for another musiccast 20. But i have a raspberry pi lying around I thought I could maybe add it to the system?

Is this even possible?
    Thanks
    Thomas
    Last edited by tmsjaeger; 2020-02-19 at 10:37.

MusicCast is Yamaha specific and I don't remember seeing a plugin for it from LMS.
    However, they also support AirPlay ... so maybe you could integrate them with LMS by using the AirPlay plugin.
    If that worked the you might be able to use LMS to start playing on your real MusicCast system and sync it (via LMS) to your Raspberry Pi in the bathroom (assuming that is what you would want to do).
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    MusicCast is Yamaha specific and I don't remember seeing a plugin for it from LMS.
    However, they also support AirPlay ... so maybe you could integrate them with LMS by using the AirPlay plugin.
    If that worked the you might be able to use LMS to start playing on your real MusicCast system and sync it (via LMS) to your Raspberry Pi in the bathroom (assuming that is what you would want to do).
    I works in AirPlay mode, I have a 20
    LMS 7.9 on Pi 3B+ & Odroid-C2 - SqueezeAMP!, 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB3. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, Squeezelite on Pi, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5, Riva 1 & 3