Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS as a ChromeCast target

Hi Everyone,

one question to integrate with ChromeCast. I found some great plugins from Philippe to use chromecast devices in LMS. That works pretty well.
    However is there also a way that the LMS Server appears as a chromecast device?

If there's something it would be good to know.

Thanks S

I don't think that the open source world has a way to emulate a Chromecast receiver - which would mean ... no.

Edit:
    I think the reason is not that the protocol is not known - but that Google plays an active role in the dialogue and without have a token from them then it cannot work).
    Philippe will know the details and has probably written about it in this forum somewhere.
    Last edited by Paul Webster; 2020-02-15 at 01:32.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    I don't think that the open source world has a way to emulate a Chromecast receiver - which would mean ... no.

Edit:
    I think the reason is not that the protocol is not known - but that Google plays an active role in the dialogue and without have a token from them then it cannot work).
    Philippe will know the details and has probably written about it in this forum somewhere.
    Thank you for the information. I assumed something like this :-)

Thanks S

I achieved this by getting a Chromecast Audio and plugging this into the line in, and using the WaveInput plugin. It works well, the Chromecast sound can be played across the Squeezebox devices nicely.
    PC, JRiver/Qobuz, Digital XO, Asus Xonar u7, Restek Sextet, JBL L300
    LMS: 3xBoom, 1xRadio, SB3