Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Receiver's optical output always on?

My SB Receiver is connected to a set of active speakers via S/PDIF. I tried both Cinch and TOSLINK: The speakers will not turn off when the receiver is turned off. but only if I disconnect the receiver' power supply. While the receiver is active (turned on or off) the optical output is active, as can be seen by the red light emitted by the TOSLINK connection.

I have found threads here discussing this problems for other types of Squeezebox devices. Is there a solution I have overlooked?

Quote Originally Posted by maf View Post
    My SB Receiver is connected to a set of active speakers via S/PDIF. I tried both Cinch and TOSLINK: The speakers will not turn off when the receiver is turned off. but only if I disconnect the receiver' power supply. While the receiver is active (turned on or off) the optical output is active, as can be seen by the red light emitted by the TOSLINK connection.

I have found threads here discussing this problems for other types of Squeezebox devices. Is there a solution I have overlooked?
    Have you tried the WebUI Settings/Player/<playername>/Audio - Turn off Audio

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Have you tried the WebUI Settings/Player/<playername>/Audio - Turn off Audio
    Yes, I have. Unfortunately, this does not seem to have any effect. The speakers, which are connected to the S/PDIF port, don't turn themselves off. And the TOSLINK port continues to emit a red light.

Yes, I have. Unfortunately, this does not seem to have any effect. The speakers, which are connected to the S/PDIF port, don't turn themselves off. And the TOSLINK port continues to emit a red light.
    Unfortunately most optical outputs seem to behave like this. My TV keeps my DAC awake unless I select another input.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

The same problem, I suffered terribly.If you find a solution, leave a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Unfortunately most optical outputs seem to behave like this. My TV keeps my DAC awake unless I select another input.
    Guess it depends on your hardware then. Raspberry with Squeezelite has a setting to "turn off output" which works fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    Guess it depends on your hardware then. Raspberry with Squeezelite has a setting to "turn off output" which works fine for me.
    That could be an option for the OP then.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    Raspberry with Squeezelite has a setting to "turn off output" which works fine for me.
    How do I break it to my SB Receiver that it is going to be replaced by a Raspberry Pi? :-)

How do I break it to my SB Receiver that it is going to be replaced by a Raspberry Pi? :-)
    If you have a room that's not connected yet you can move it there. "Honey, you're moving to the garage."