Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

!!!!!!! (from Billie Eilish album)

!!!!!!! is the name of the first (13 second) track.

I purchased the album from iTunes (something I do very rarely), downloaded it and added it to my LMS library (as well as my JRiver library). I edited several of the tags including genre. Both iTunes and JRiver recognize the genre for this track (and all others on the album) as "rock/pop." LMS insists this track has no genre, despite a number of rescans including a complete rescan.

Is it the name/length of the track? I tried sticking an "01" before the exclamation points, but it didn't seem to help.

Not a huge problem but annoying.

Well, probably not an answer to your specific question, but I generally remove characters such as ! which often have a system specific meaning from filenames. Does the scanner see the file?

Robert
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS7.9.2 with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS7.9.2 running on WiFi MyPassport drive > Raspberry Pi 3 with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Maybe itĺs enough to rename the file itself and not its title to let it be recognized?

I can play the track using LMS. But if I drill down through genre - which is almost always what I do - and play the album that way, the first track (13 seconds of nonsense) would be omitted.

I can play the entire album, if I remember to drill down by album or album artist.

This is not a critical problem, just OCD.

Edit - does anyone know of a program that would allow me to read the raw metadata?
    Last edited by john greenwood; 2020-02-14 at 12:15.

Quote Originally Posted by john greenwood View Post
    I can play the track using LMS. But if I drill down through genre - which is almost always what I do - and play the album that way, the first track (13 seconds of nonsense) would be omitted.

I can play the entire album, if I remember to drill down by album or album artist.

This is not a critical problem, just OCD.

Edit - does anyone know of a program that would allow me to read the metadata?
    Try changing the file name as suggested. Leave the correct name in the tag.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

!!!!!!! is the name of the first (13 second) track.

I purchased the album from iTunes (something I do very rarely), downloaded it and added it to my LMS library (as well as my JRiver library). I edited several of the tags including genre. Both iTunes and JRiver recognize the genre for this track (and all others on the album) as "rock/pop." LMS insists this track has no genre, despite a number of rescans including a complete rescan.

Is it the name/length of the track? I tried sticking an "01" before the exclamation points, but it didn't seem to help.

Not a huge problem but annoying.
    You didn't mention the operating system for your LMS installation but if it is some Linux version and the track file name is something like "!!!!!!.flac" then it may not be accepted by the OS.
    Here's some result I get on my Linux Mint 19.3 laptop when trying to create files with "!!!!!!" in the filename. Not a good idea it seems ...
    Name:  dump-of-attempted-file-creation.png
Views: 176
Size:  27.8 KB
    I would avoid more than one !-mark in the filename if the OS is Linux-based.
    2 Touch, 2 Picoreplayer v6.0.0-b9 on RaspBerry 3B, 1 Raspian and squeezelite 1.8 on PiZero
    LMS 8.0.0 on Ubuntu 18.04.4 on Intel Core2 Duo E4500 @ 2.20GHz, 2GB. All wired
    Main audio system: Magnepan 3.6, amp "Gdis 400", DAC & pre: NAD M51, streamers: SB Touch // NAD M50

I'm using Windows 10/NTFS.

And changing the file name didn't help. LMS sees the file (and will play it) but apparently not the genre tag.

And changing the file name didn't help. LMS sees the file (and will play it) but apparently not the genre tag.
    What did you change the file name to?

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    What did you change the file name to?

"exclamations" (without the quotation marks)

After you change the file name, etc., you may need to do a clear and rescan to really get LMS to see the changes. Or at least first remove the file, do a scan for new and changed (and see that it is not listed in LMS), then add the file back and do a scan for new and changed.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify