Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
Results 271 to 273 of 273
  1. #271
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    42
    I have had the same issue today on one of my radios. The other radio and the touch are doing fine.

    Symptoms were also: blue wifi sign, difficult manual re-connection (takes a while and several attempts to see the networks around), and then no playback although it looked connected. Then after 30 seconds it got blue again. My SSIDs are not hidden. Reverting to stock firmware (using ethernet, through mysqueezebox) solved the issue, then I re-installed the community firmware and now the radio behaves normally again.

    I realize I have been playing with my router recently (adjusted radio transmit power), maybe it could have disturbed the SB?
    Last edited by blason; 2021-05-08 at 10:22.

  2. #272
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    42
    ... and it is happening again today ...

  3. #273
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    159
    I've been experiencing wi-fi connection issues with my Radios and I thought I'd document my particular solution.

    I have two Radios which are synchronised as a L/R pair. Their wi-fi connectivity is generally good, although the one that is furthest away from the router occasionally needs a repair.

    I decided I would update to the Community firmware a couple of days ago. After the update both Radios would not keep a connection to wi-fi. After a reboot, they would quickly show a blue wi-fi icon, then a red icon, within a few minutes of the reboot. The Radios would also sometimes lockup and display a system error message on reboot. This happened even when I moved both Radios next to my TP-Link AX6000 router.

    I assumed that this was an issue with the Community firmware so reverted back to stock firmware. I had to do this using an ethernet connection as the wi-fi was unusable. Even on ethernet one of my radios locked up. After I had reverted the issue still remained, which wasn't what I had expected. With stock firmware I didn't see a blue wi-fi icon, it went straight to red.

    I then started reading some threads on the forum and found the information about connectivity issues and POMDev's wlanpoke script. I gleaned from the forum that the culprit seemed to be other wi-fi devices, possibly ax devices. I then noticed that there was a new SSID in my list of available connections on my phone called MESH_2. I live in a terraced house and the neighbours on one side have recently moved out so there is no wireless network on that side. I know the SSID of the other side's network and that was the same and I would be very surprised if it had changed.

    I then remembered that I had upgraded the firmware on my TP-Link AX6000 router recently and the Radio wi-fi connection issues had only happened after that. The updated version of the firmware v1.2.1 adds a feature called OneMesh which is enabled by default. It is possible to disable OneMesh, so that is what I did. As a result the Radios connected flawlessly and have been playing successfully for an hour, so back to working as I would expect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •