Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    No. There is no "CBRF" per se.

The "Community Firmware for Squeezebox Radio/Touch/Controller and LMS 8" thread is here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ller-and-LMS-8

The first post has a link to the CHANGELOG.
    Thanks, but I guess I still don’t understand what this thread is for then, if not for the the Community Firmware.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Londonist View Post
    ...The SBR had not been able to connect for ages, so I spent some time changing the settings on the Asus router on the 2.4ghz. When I turned off protected management frames, the SBR connected to the wifi again.
    Attached is the logging from the last 20 mins - three drop outs with successful reconnects. ...
    (Funny, the same thing happened to my simple dedicated 'bgn' router purchased last year for the SBs: suddenly one day they wouldn't connect at all. Had to move the radios to the main house AP. Fortunately, after a few days, my environment got quiet and the problems were greatly reduced.)

Looking at your log files, you have a second AP (...34:b1) with the same SSID on the same frequency with a signal level of -68 dBm. (BTW, very happy to see the signal levels in dBm instead of 0-255.).

Your connected access point signal level just prior to failure at 2021-04-10T16:10:49 was -67 dBm (...34:30), which is very low, oddly, nearly the same as your other access point. There is a discrepancy between the scanned signal level of -63 and the current level of -67. The last scan was apparently well before the failures and not updated in the 24 seconds between the earliest (16:10:25) and latest (16:10:49) scan result entry. After the full reset, the scan results 15 nearby APs. Quite a difference from the just one shown prior to failure.

Three disconnects in 20 minutes would be about 9 in an hour, not atypical for heavy interference environments. The recovery time of 49 seconds for the full reset is typical of somewhat weak signal conditions. Try to improve your signal levels.

The more recent 0.8.3+ versions have improved reporting, and it is safe to re-enable the quick reset method, which may or may not improve your radio's performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    Thanks, but I guess I still don’t understand what this thread is for then, if not for the the Community Firmware.
    If you read the first post in this thread, you'll see that I created it to discuss development of the community firmware.

The link provided by mrw is the official thread for the community firmware release.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    If you read the first post in this thread, you'll see that I created it to discuss development of the community firmware.

The link provided by mrw is the official thread for the community firmware release.
    ok, but my original question (unanswered) was "Is wlanpoke now included as part of the CBRF?" (as there are a lot of posts here about wlanpoke)
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬

Quote Originally Posted by Tony T View Post
    ok, but my original question...
    “No”, which was the first word given in my answer.

Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    “No”, which was the first word given in my answer.
    Yes, you did. Don’t know how I missed it.
    Tony
     SBTouch ♪ SBRadio ♬