Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    Just a quick update.

I've been successfully using the new firmware for the last 6 weeks as the changes have progressed.
    I've updated the ssh client/server and wpa_supplicant components, enabled cron, applied a few bug fixes and native LMS 8.0 support.
    As I indicated in my previous post, I'm working on an applet to set the wpa_supplicant.conf country code from the US default set in the new firmware.

Here's a itemized list from my squeezeos github repos of the firmware changes to date.

From https://github.com/ralph-irving/squeezeos changelog

Code:
    Update wpasupplicant to v2.9.
    Enable busybox telnet command.
    Add baby kernel patch to fix (WE) : Wireless Event too big (33) messages.
    Update dropbear ssh server/client to 2019.78 release.
    Enable busybox cron daemon.
    Remove unused dropbear init.d script.
    Apply busybox patch to prevent zombie processes.
    Enable busybox last command.
    Fix lastlog no such file or directory remote login error messages.
    Remove libspotify LD_PRELOAD in init.d squeezeplay script.
    Add fdk-aac dependency to squeezeplay recipe.
    Add the Fraunhofer FDK AAC Codec Library recipe.
    Use baby dsp alsa module from logitech firmware 7.7.3r16676 as original source code is private.
    From https://github.com/ralph-irving/logitech-squeezeplay changlog.

Code:
    Fix up misaligned and/or jittery text after horizontal scrolling. Squeezeplay often fails to properly "home" horizontally scrolled text when scrolling has paused. On a Squeezebox Controller, this fault may also result in "jittering" of the text.  Thanks to mrw for the patch.
    Remove obsolete libspotify based Spotify Applet.
    Add High-Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) support.
    Always start at the first item in the Random Albums menu.
    Baby only - ignore firmware older than SR to SB migration firmware (7.7.3 r16667)
    @ralphy - I noticed that you have managed to activate the busybox cron daemon. My Radio is in a awkward position and when it needs to be re-booted it's difficult to get to the power plug to pull power. Are you able to describe how to activate cron? If it's possible I could use cron to schedule a weekly re-boot as a workaround to needing to physically pull power to re-boot. Alternatively, is your new Radio firmware available?

Thank you
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.92 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    1 X Odroid-XU4 server/squeezelite running LMS 7.91 on Ubuntu 16.04
    1 x iMac server running macos Hich Sierra
    WaveIO USB into Lavry DA-10 DAC
    Starfish Pre-amp : Based on NAIM NAC 72
    Heavily modified NAIM NAP 250 Power-amp
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

What version of ubuntu?
    squeezeos@6c173de7160a:~/poky$ uname -a
    Linux 6c173de7160a 5.4.0-47-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 4 19:50:52 UTC 2020 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
    VERSION="12.04.5 LTS, Precise Pangolin"

ralphy: Others have been successful using v12.x but had to make changes to the poky bitbake files to get it to work.

Oh, dear, so the docker from here doesn't include the patches and extra tarballs mentioned in the post? Is there a list of these steps? I thought this would work because it did build quite a bit. This docker was the only practical way to get into this project that I could find. Any suggestions?

How about creating a public virtual machine image on AWS or alternative that others can copy and launch that would provide a complete build environment with sources, etc.? Experimenters could launch their own instance on a really inexpensive or free configuration, and turn it off when not using it, without altering your original. This would solve a lot of problems. Another project!

ralphy: I'd doubt it very much. If logitech had had plans to release the private sources, they would have already done so. You need to have login credentials to the svn repository to access the private source bits.

Right. I think it likely that this code was in a grey area and not released because of an NDA between Logitech and Atheros. However, my understanding is that an NDA can not prohibit the release of GPL code, which by GPL is required to be released, especially upon request, but I am not an expert in GPL vs NDA (another project).

ralphy: Extract the attached file atheros-ar6-module-src.tar.gz in poky/meta-squeezeos/packages/atheros
    Remove the ## from the beginning of PREFERRED_PROVIDER_atheros-ar6-module = "atheros-ar6-module-src" in poky/build/local.conf

Thanks. I will look it over, but I am swamped at the moment, plus I can't build anything, so please continue your efforts. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bobertuk View Post
    @ralphy - I noticed that you have managed to activate the busybox cron daemon. My Radio is in a awkward position and when it needs to be re-booted it's difficult to get to the power plug to pull power. Are you able to describe how to activate cron? If it's possible I could use cron to schedule a weekly re-boot as a workaround to needing to physically pull power to re-boot. Alternatively, is your new Radio firmware available?

Thank you
    Unfortunately the firmware needs to be rebuilt to enable cron in busybox.

When I first enabled cron in the firmware, I setup a job to reboot the radio twice a month and within a few days of adding it I noticed that the radio had become really slow. At the time, I just wanted to play some music so I just rebooted and a few days later, a factory reset wiped the job. I need to retest using cron to determine if that was the cause. I've neved found the radio to be that slow before or since but there were several other changes at the time, which might have contributed to the problem as well.

I have not released the new firmware yet.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Unfortunately the firmware needs to be rebuilt to enable cron in busybox.

When I first enabled cron in the firmware, I setup a job to reboot the radio twice a month and within a few days of adding it I noticed that the radio had become really slow. At the time, I just wanted to play some music so I just rebooted and a few days later, a factory reset wiped the job. I need to retest using cron to determine if that was the cause. I've neved found the radio to be that slow before or since but there were several other changes at the time, which might have contributed to the problem as well.

I have not released the new firmware yet.
    Thanks for the reply - I'll just wait until you release the firmware.
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    1 x Intel-NUC server/squeezelite running LMS 7.92 (from nightlies) on Windows 10
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

My Radio is in a awkward position and when it needs to be re-booted it's difficult to get to the power plug to pull power....

schedule a weekly re-boot as a workaround to needing to physically pull power to re-boot.
    Bob, have you thought about a smart mains plug - search Amazon for smart plug, I use Teckin ones for various tasks, they can be configured to work automatically on a schedule, work with Alexa if you have an echo or via a smartphone app.

A relatively cheap and simple resolution to your need to power cycle regularly.

I'm just about to deploy another couple, one to power control a SqueezeAMP and one for the power on my newish FreeSat DVR which is turning out to be not quite ready for prime time (buggy) and needs a regular power cycle to clear the lockups - should save wear and tear on the power jack at the back of the unit, I'm tending to pull that as it's more accessible than the mains wall wart.

Kev
    Last edited by KeBul; 2020-10-12 at 15:13.

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post
    Bob, have you thought about a smart mains plug - search Amazon for smart plug, I use Teckin ones for various tasks, they can be configured to work automatically on a schedule, work with Alexa if you have an echo or via a smartphone app.

I'm just about to deploy another couple, one to power control a SqueezeAMP and one for the power on my newish FreeSat DVR which is turning out to be not quite ready for prime time (buggy) and needs a regular power cycle to clear the lockups - should save wear and tear on the power jack at the back of the unit, I'm tending to pull that as it's more accessible than the mains wall wart.

Kev
    You can sometimes get them cheap on Black Friday as well. I have a couple of TP Link ones. One for lights and the other for my amplifier.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KeBul View Post

Kev
    I've never used smart plugs but oddly enough I did think about using one today so I'll take a look at the Teckin on Amazon. I have several echos' so it should be easy.

Many thanks

Bob
    2 x Touch
    2 x Radio
    2 x Boom
    Behringer DEQ2496
    Linn Isobarik DMS

... If it's possible I could use cron to schedule a weekly re-boot as a workaround to needing to physically pull power to re-boot. ...
    It might be easier and more positive to use cron or task scheduler on your pc to run a script that uses ssh to log into the radio and then reboot? You might collect some statistics before rebooting, or kill an offending process and relaunch it without rebooting.

Quote Originally Posted by POMdev View Post
    It might be easier and more positive to use cron or task scheduler on your pc to run a script that uses ssh to log into the radio and then reboot? You might collect some statistics before rebooting, or kill an offending process and relaunch it without rebooting.
    This is what I do. I have a simple python script that queries LMS to get the IP address of my SB Radio, and then SSH's onto the radio and triggers the reboot.
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/env python3

import json
    import os
    import requests

SERVER_IP = '127.0.0.1'
    PLAYER_NAME = 'Radio'

try:
        resp = json.loads(requests.post('http://%s:9000/jsonrpc.js' % SERVER_IP, data = '{"id":1,"method":"slim.request","params":["",["serverstatus",0,100]]}').text)
        for player in resp['result']['players_loop']:
            if player['name']==PLAYER_NAME:
                ip = player['ip'].split(':')[0]
                os.popen('ssh -oKexAlgorithms=+diffie-hellman-group1-sha1 -c aes128-cbc root@%s reboot' % ip)
    except:
        print("FAILED")
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json (Use http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json,cometd to also see update messages, e.g. play queue) 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.