Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
    Quote Originally Posted by mrw View Post
    As regards 'a better way', I am getting the feeling that checking for wrap around might actually not be too onerous an approach. Would add some element of 'complexity' to the look of the code. There's a lot of places to examine, though.
    I agree, it's a lot of work just to avoid a reboot about once a month.

The Lua version 5.1.1 in LMS appears to differ from the downloadable tarball version 5.1.1 and the Lua website. So that hasn't helped me, I've probably been working off false assumptions.

LUA_TINT seems to drive matters. It's in the LMS version 5.1.1, and 5.1.5, but not in the Lua 'stock' 5.1.1.
    Yes I ran into that when upgrading lua from 5.1.1 to 5.1.5.
    In the end I applied the 5.1.2-5.1.5 lua release patch sets to the logitech lua 5.1.1 sources with only a few conflicts to resolve.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

cant get radio firmware to update

ive followed the instructions below but my radio never gets the new firmware - the update option on the radio only shows me the usual 7.7 release
    any advice?

my cache folder is
    /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache

and i put the 7.8 firmware files in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/updates
    ive rebooted the server many times, reset and restarted the radio, but no luck
    i also tried changing the file owner/permissions to rw and squeezeboxserver which is the owner of the other files already there

You need a local LMS and the radio should already be connected to it.

Find the cache folder path in the LMS settings->information tab near the bottom. Mine is /opt/logitechmediaserver/cache

Unzip baby_7.8.0_r16798.zip into the cache/updates folder and restart LMS.

I strongly suggest a factory reset of your radio BEFORE installing the custom firmware for the first time. After that, I've found it's not necessary.

A factory reset will delete all settings, applets and patch installer patches including the lms 8 connectivity patch.

Navigate to Home > Settings > Advanced > Factory Reset > Continue on the Radio to perform the factory reset.

After rebooting and completing the initial setup the radio will eventually prompt you to install the 7.8.0_r16798 firmware.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by dunk View Post
    ive followed the instructions below but my radio never gets the new firmware - the update option on the radio only shows me the usual 7.7 release
    any advice?

my cache folder is
    /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache

and i put the 7.8 firmware files in /var/lib/squeezeboxserver/cache/updates
    ive rebooted the server many times, reset and restarted the radio, but no luck
    You can rename the new firmware files to custom.baby.bin and custom.baby.version and see if that works.

(Note: I was going to point to the relevant documentation on the wiki but it seems to have disappeared ?!?)

Quote Originally Posted by D1eter View Post
    You can rename the new firmware files to custom.baby.bin and custom.baby.version and see if that works.
    That probably wants to be in @ralphy's announcement post: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post995413

(It does work, I had forgotten too, so thanks for the reminder).

thanks - that did the trick ( i did have to change the owner from root to squeezeboxserver)

Quote Originally Posted by D1eter View Post

(Note: I was going to point to the relevant documentation on the wiki but it seems to have disappeared ?!?)

That probably wants to be in @ralphy's announcement post: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...l=1#post995413

(It does work, I had forgotten too, so thanks for the reminder).
    Thanks. It's been added.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.