Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrw
    • May 2010

Originally posted by kllngtme
    okay, so one more thing I wanted to throw out there. Has anyone else had wifi issues trying to connect to a hidden SSID since the community firmware updates have been applied? I saw something done with the wpa configs in the radios but I wasn't sure what it meant exactly.

My problem is that the radios just disconnect off the wifi. The wifi logo will go blue sometimes and or red completely. Signal strength isn't the issue. I'm noticing the radios seem to continue seeing my non hidden SSID's but the hidden SSID seems to show no signal when the radio gets disconnected. I can connect to my non hidden SSID it seems though so I'm thinking it's just an issue with connecting to hidden SSID's? Anyone else had anything similar?
    It's conceivable that you might have trouble with a hidden SSID, due to changes in the version of wpa_supplicant used. But I think I know how to fix that.

Which said, I have never tried connecting to a hidden SSID. How does one go about doing it ? If you can tell me, I can go about testing the fix that I think may be necessary.

If you're seeing a blue icon, the Radio thinks it has a good network connection, but is having difficulty with connecting to LMS.
    If red, then it believes that there is not a good network connection

Comment

• blason
      • Nov 2006

I have had the same issue today on one of my radios. The other radio and the touch are doing fine.

Symptoms were also: blue wifi sign, difficult manual re-connection (takes a while and several attempts to see the networks around), and then no playback although it looked connected. Then after 30 seconds it got blue again. My SSIDs are not hidden. Reverting to stock firmware (using ethernet, through mysqueezebox) solved the issue, then I re-installed the community firmware and now the radio behaves normally again.

I realize I have been playing with my router recently (adjusted radio transmit power), maybe it could have disturbed the SB?
      Last edited by blason; 2021-05-08, 18:22.

Comment

• blason
        • Nov 2006

... and it is happening again today ...

Comment

• badboygolf16v
          • Aug 2008

I've been experiencing wi-fi connection issues with my Radios and I thought I'd document my particular solution.

I have two Radios which are synchronised as a L/R pair. Their wi-fi connectivity is generally good, although the one that is furthest away from the router occasionally needs a repair.

I decided I would update to the Community firmware a couple of days ago. After the update both Radios would not keep a connection to wi-fi. After a reboot, they would quickly show a blue wi-fi icon, then a red icon, within a few minutes of the reboot. The Radios would also sometimes lockup and display a system error message on reboot. This happened even when I moved both Radios next to my TP-Link AX6000 router.

I assumed that this was an issue with the Community firmware so reverted back to stock firmware. I had to do this using an ethernet connection as the wi-fi was unusable. Even on ethernet one of my radios locked up. After I had reverted the issue still remained, which wasn't what I had expected. With stock firmware I didn't see a blue wi-fi icon, it went straight to red.

I then started reading some threads on the forum and found the information about connectivity issues and POMDev's wlanpoke script. I gleaned from the forum that the culprit seemed to be other wi-fi devices, possibly ax devices. I then noticed that there was a new SSID in my list of available connections on my phone called MESH_2. I live in a terraced house and the neighbours on one side have recently moved out so there is no wireless network on that side. I know the SSID of the other side's network and that was the same and I would be very surprised if it had changed.

I then remembered that I had upgraded the firmware on my TP-Link AX6000 router recently and the Radio wi-fi connection issues had only happened after that. The updated version of the firmware v1.2.1 adds a feature called OneMesh which is enabled by default. It is possible to disable OneMesh, so that is what I did. As a result the Radios connected flawlessly and have been playing successfully for an hour, so back to working as I would expect.

Comment

• mikitil
            • Apr 2018

I finally installed now after i found out how easy it is (after i found the extension and then found out to activate it also and waited then 24hours) Feels really snappier and more stable, less Buffering.

Had this connection losses with original Firmware to. But now, since i moved the one Radio 30cm which started to lost wifi again and again (even with great signal from a very near Hotspot, it is now stable since 3 Days.) Keep fingers crossed

Installed on 6 BabyRadios and on 1 Controller. And made a reset to. No need (and no files to) to update the receiver right?

Two things i have not found:

1. Is it still possible to deactivate RC on one Radio with community fw? With original it was a patch(?), but now i cant see or get them. Think it was this way, applet installer >install patch installer > install rc deactivate patch (or like this) but now i get the message to tick something in this patch installer part and don't see any patch.

2. Is it possible to make one louder the other quieter when they all are synchronized in loudness and play? Think for internet radio there is a setting but overall? I use some radios, and want to make 2 of them quieter, because they are in very small rooms.

Thnx for this optimized firmware, think i get much less buffering here and it just works great!

edit:
            Bonus question: Is there maybe also a way to reboot all the Radios in the Network at once? Think sometimes it helps to reboot them all and then buffering and such things get better.

Bonus question 2: I have seen now sometimes one or the other Radio loosing Bass, don't really know how to say this right. All works on this Radio and then from one moment to another one is loosing Bass but i hear what is playing just without the deep tones? Not always the same radio and not only since firmwareupdare.

Sorry for so many questions and maybe not very good understandable English
            Last edited by mikitil; 2021-05-18, 14:14.
            Pi4, Pi3, Radios, Receiver, Duet,...

Comment

• mrw
              • May 2010

Originally posted by mikitil
              Bonus question 2: I have seen now sometimes one or the other Radio loosing Bass, don't really know how to say this right. All works on this Radio and then from one moment to another one is loosing Bass but i hear what is playing just without the deep tones? Not always the same radio and not only since firmwareupdare.
              If you are referring to the issue raised in this thread ("Bass Amp problem") https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ss-amp-problem
              then I would expect you to find that the community build firmware effectively fixes the issue. That has been my experience, anyway. (The community build firmware has been modified to take account of it.)

Comment

• janpeeters
                • Sep 2015

Update to community firmware doesn't become available on Squeezebox Touch

Post deleted because I posted in the wrong forum apologies.
                Last edited by janpeeters; 2021-05-25, 13:03.

Comment

• seth_space
                  • Apr 2010

I finally installed now after i found out how easy it is (after i found the extension and then found out to activate it also and waited then 24hours) Feels really snappier and more stable, less Buffering.

Had this connection losses with original Firmware to. But now, since i moved the one Radio 30cm which started to lost wifi again and again (even with great signal from a very near Hotspot, it is now stable since 3 Days.) Keep fingers crossed

Installed on 6 BabyRadios and on 1 Controller. And made a reset to. No need (and no files to) to update the receiver right?

Two things i have not found:

1. Is it still possible to deactivate RC on one Radio with community fw? With original it was a patch(?), but now i cant see or get them. Think it was this way, applet installer >install patch installer > install rc deactivate patch (or like this) but now i get the message to tick something in this patch installer part and don't see any patch.

2. Is it possible to make one louder the other quieter when they all are synchronized in loudness and play? Think for internet radio there is a setting but overall? I use some radios, and want to make 2 of them quieter, because they are in very small rooms.

Thnx for this optimized firmware, think i get much less buffering here and it just works great!

edit:
                  Bonus question: Is there maybe also a way to reboot all the Radios in the Network at once? Think sometimes it helps to reboot them all and then buffering and such things get better.

Sorry for so many questions and maybe not very good understandable English
                  The interesting thing is at least on my radios that when the radio looses connection with wifi very ofter the sound is very thin, so without any bass. This behavior happened after instaling the community firmware ( and the wlanpoke)
                  So it seems more people are experiencing this behavior.

Comment

• Londonist
                    • Mar 2021

workaround

Hello,

I really appreciate the efforts of the community to resolve the radio/wifi issues. But I think the 2.5ghz bands are just too congested where I am to get a stable connection any more. If/when the community manages to get the radio firmware updated I'll have another go. In the interim, I've found this which operates on 5ghz: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it appears to be working ok.

Comment

• mikitil
                      • Apr 2018

After i got again and again this red wifi icon and lost connection even if signal was strong and i changed its place as much as possible and cable is not an option i got me one of those vonets wifi to lan adapters http://en.vonets.es/products/VAP11N/

Nice things it can be powered by the radios power adapter itself, so no need for an extra power adapter. And it works now since a week without any signal loss. Only thing i'm not 100% happy with, its a disco light to, its leds ar so bright and pulsing.

Comment

• mrw
                        • May 2010

Only thing i'm not 100% happy with, its a disco light to, its leds ar so bright and pulsing.
                        Perhaps some of this : https://www.amazon.co.uk/AmazonComme...xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Comment

• mikitil
                          • Apr 2018

Tape was my second Idea i was thinking i just put the adapter in the empty akku slot. but this thing gets a little warm and i don't feel comfortable with it. Tape was an Idea to, but the lights are exactly where it has a slot for ventilation and cooling.

Comment

• jlnicolas
                            • May 2021

Firrmware update procedure

Hello, I am new joiner in this community.
                            I did not find the procedure to install a new firmware on the Radio .
                            Please can you help ? thanks

Comment

• Heuer
                              • Nov 2005

Instructions here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ller-and-LMS-8
                              Lounge: Transporter>Audio Synthesis DAX Decade>Audio Research LS22>Krell FPB300>Wilson Benesch Act 1's + 2 x Velodyne SPL1000 sub's
                              Kitchen: Touch>Topping DAC>Arcam Solo>Anthony Gallo Micro's+Sub, Joggler controller
                              Office: DAC32>Acoustic Energy AE1 Active's, Joggler controller
                              Garage: Boom>QAcoustics 7000s subwoofer
                              Bedroom: Radio
                              Shed: Radio
                              Workshop: Boom
                              Garden 1: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers
                              Garden 2: SB3>JVC amp>Rock outdoor speakers

Comment

• jlnicolas
                                • May 2021

Originally posted by Heuer
                                Thanks !

Comment