Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Shart View Post
    I'm not sure which way to go or if someone has another suggestion?
    For a hole in the wall cabinet I would suggest connectors that can be screwed on, as soldering in place is difficult and possibly dangerous.
    Connectors i.s.o the displayed screw terminal blocks, would alow you to more easily disconnect the whole and debug an issue on a bench.
    Since you already have 2 sets, standardize and document the pinlayout so you can swap them around without frying a pi.

Whitout endorsing any single seller or online mall, take a look at these to see what I would use:
    https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/40000...archweb201603_

M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    For a hole in the wall cabinet I would suggest connectors that can be screwed on, as soldering in place is difficult and possibly dangerous.
    Connectors i.s.o the displayed screw terminal blocks, would alow you to more easily disconnect the whole and debug an issue on a bench.
    Since you already have 2 sets, standardize and document the pinlayout so you can swap them around without frying a pi.

Whitout endorsing any single seller or online mall, take a look at these to see what I would use:
    https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/40000...archweb201603_

M-H
    Those look pretty interesting. Thanks for pointing them out.

This looks great, thanks for sharing!
    Location 1: ReadyNAS Ultra 2 4TB > RPi3 > piCorePlayer > LMS 7.9.2 > Squeezebox Touch >NAD 326BEE > BeoLab 4000
    Location 2: Squeezebox Touch, Audio Engine A2+
    Controller: Asus Tablet > Orange Squeeze
    Music: Ripping (FLAC) dbpoweramp, Tagging: mp3tag