Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shart View Post
    Ok.. that sounds super simple (could be fooling myself). Is it a matter of just not installing Squeezelite or do I just remove it? I haven't played with pCP yet. The two pi's I have are currently used for brewpi and I had volumino running.
    It is preinstalled - but in the "Tweaks" page in pCP you can disable the automatic startup of Squeezelite.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    It is preinstalled - but in the "Tweaks" page in pCP you can disable the automatic startup of Squeezelite.
    Thank you.

Just ordered 7" Rasberry Pi touch screen kit today. Might go find a used monitor to satisfy my impatience.

Quote Originally Posted by Shart View Post
    Thank you.

Just ordered 7" Rasberry Pi touch screen kit today. Might go find a used monitor to satisfy my impatience.
    Shart,

If you can work with a stationary controller, take a look at 'rasptouch' .
    I needed something that looked good enough to allow my hobby to enter the living room
    I bought the case only and put in my own RPI 7" display, pi and dac, to keep cost down.
    If you do not connect it to an amp, you do not really need a dac and its wire.
    I do use it as my LMS, so found I had to wire it to the network to reliable feed multiple players.
    But if used as controller only, or using the local squeezelite player , wifi is sufficient in most cases.

As a portable controller we use squeezer on phones and tablets in parallel, I think it is close enough to jivelite to get it in minutes.
    And the 'we' does indeed indicate the less tech savvy members of my family do use it too without difficulties.

Recently I worked with a pizero-w and a 1.5 inch screen powered from a powerbank.
    And it got me thinking that a portable pi and screen combo could do as a controller too.
    however, an attractive casing for such a set set including batteries is not an of the shelf product .
    But I find it very comfortable to use dedicated hardware buttons , and it could double up as headphone player.

Let us know what you decide.
    M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...