Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Does LMS have a smart software equalizer (plugin)?

Hey.

Is there a way to make LMS use genre-specific equalizer settings (e.g. boost certain frequencies) for specific players?
    Example: if player1 plays classical music nothing happens. But if the next track is genre = Rock it would boost the bass or something like that on player1. Then I could configure a bunch of EQ settings for different genres for each player.

I know that (custom-)convert.conf can be used to assign general equalizer-like settings to specific players. But as I understand it that setting then applies to all tracks played on that player.
    Since LMS is all about configurability and customization I thought I'd ask if something like that is already possible or if it can be done at all (i.e. the genre-specific part).

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by afriend View Post
    Is there a way to make LMS use genre-specific equalizer settings (e.g. boost certain frequencies) for specific players?
    Example: if player1 plays classical music nothing happens. But if the next track is genre = Rock it would boost the bass or something like that on player1. Then I could configure a bunch of EQ settings for different genres for each player.

I know that (custom-)convert.conf can be used to assign general equalizer-like settings to specific players. But as I understand it that setting then applies to all tracks played on that player.
    You could extend the solution you linked to by having a script which reads the genre from the file and sets the EQ parameters for sox accordingly.
    Various SW: Web Interface | Playlist Editor / Generator | Music Classification | Similar Music | Announce | EventTrigger | LMSlib2go | ...
    Various HowTos: build a self-contained LMS | Bluetooth/ALSA | Control LMS with any device | ...