Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    ...Like I mentioned, this might also have happened with my touches, but since the amp is off, I don't notice it (audibly)...
    We both definitely share the same experiences, but I can confirm that this is both happening to the Radios and my Touch at the same time.
    I should also emphasise that I disconnect all the devices from power when we are on holidays and reconnect them when we're back. So my devices are restarted after AC power loss at the same time.
    This is surely the reason why those spontaneous reboots are in-sync on my devices.
    1x Squeezebox Classic, 3x Radio, 1x Touch, LMS 7.9.1 running on ODROID-U3, Ubuntu 16.04 and I'm happy with it! :)

Spontaneous turning-on

> We both definitely share the same experiences, but I *can* confirm that
    > this is both happening to the Radios *and* my Touch at the same time.

FWIW: I have a Touch connected to an amp which is always on, Radios
    which stay on for months (mostly in soft off at night), others which are
    powered off, or in paused mode. And they have been used this way for
    years. I can't remember a single spontanous playback (except after my
    kids started playing with the alarm clock - check this if you haven't
    yet :-)).

What I know can lead to reboots is some screensavers. In particular the
    image viewer can cause the Radio to run out of memory. If you're using
    this, then try to use the clock instead and see whether this helps.

--

Michael

Yes, it happens from time to time with my Radio too (and only with my Radio).
    I will leave home in the morning with the unit powered off, displaying the clock, and come back in the evening with the unit playing music in the bathroom.
    I'm also pretty sure it's related to the Radio rebooting for some reason, but I never was able to reproduce the issue by unplugging it from the wall socket.

Kind of remind me an old issue there was with LMS where the unit would pick a wrong playlist after a server restart (I think.)
    It's been fixed for a long time though, and is probably totally unrelated to this random problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Steevee28 View Post
    'Permanently on' means connected to power, but in standby/idle, ie. The Radio showing the clock?
    I'm asking this, becaue the reboots will leave the Radio in "on state", ie. showing the Main Menu.

Which device firmware versions do you have?
    Yes, I have them idle, showing a clock.

I would imagine that, if they did reboot, they would go back into the same state...

Latest firmware, which for the Radio is 7.7.3. Note that a Touch would be 7.8.0, and there were some changes to the Alarm applet between 7.7.3 and 7.8.0.
    For the reboots being obviously correclated, both Radios need to be initially turned on at the same point of time, of course.
    Good point.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    What I know can lead to reboots is some screensavers.
    On my devices, only the default clock is in use, no other screensavers.
    Btw, the firmware version of my Radios and my Touch is 7.7.3-r16676.
    Last edited by Steevee28; 2020-02-26 at 03:44.
    1x Squeezebox Classic, 3x Radio, 1x Touch, LMS 7.9.1 running on ODROID-U3, Ubuntu 16.04 and I'm happy with it! :)

This happens with my Radios occasionally too. I haven't noticed a pattern. My wife texted me the other day with a screenshot of the now playing screen saying "that was a good song, thanks!". I was at work and she thought I played it remotely for her. I don't have my network configured to allow remote access so no, it wasn't me, it was the ghost in the machine.

in a previous thread on this subject, there was a suggestion (not mine), that it only spontaneously resumes the playlist and if the playlist is empty, it won't happen (or that's a hunch). Not sure how to confirm unless you have two extra radios just sitting there, both powered up at the same time

As I said, it doesn't happen enough to bother me, but I suppose if I were to travel for an extended time, leaving the power on to my gear, maybe I'd clear the playlist? Normally I shut down power tho....

Jim

I am not making this up!

Just happened with a touch and receiver. I was listening to a radio in my office (not synced) and heard something like a booming car stereo in the driveway, so I paused the radio to check it out.

I had a touch in the living room (amp off) synced with a receiver (duet) in the basement (amp always on), and the basement was playing the internet station I was listening to yesterday. I looked at the touch and the now playing screen was on, no audio because the amp is off.

Interesting, when it first happened, I looked at the touch screen first and it was on the main menu. I went down into the basement, and the controller had the now playing screen. I went back upstairs to the touch, and it was on now playing.

I am 100% sure that both were off (clock screensaver) last night because they are power synced.

I can have the tendency to crank up the basement pretty good (my shop is in it), so I guess I'll have to keep that in mind. If I'm away for the night, and this happens, the neighborhood will think I'm having an all night party (and I'm too old for that!)

Jim

Spontaneous turning-on

> I am 100% sure that both were off (clock screensaver) last night because
    > they are power synced.

There's a pref in Settings/Player/Audio to define the startup behaviour.
    Whether playback should resume or not. What is this set to? You'd have
    to check all players.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Redrum View Post
    Just happened with a touch and receiver. I was listening to a radio in my office (not synced) and heard something like a booming car stereo in the driveway, so I paused the radio to check it out.

I had a touch in the living room (amp off) synced with a receiver (duet) in the basement (amp always on), and the basement was playing the internet station I was listening to yesterday. I looked at the touch and the now playing screen was on, no audio because the amp is off.

Interesting, when it first happened, I looked at the touch screen first and it was on the main menu. I went down into the basement, and the controller had the now playing screen. I went back upstairs to the touch, and it was on now playing.

I am 100% sure that both were off (clock screensaver) last night because they are power synced.

I can have the tendency to crank up the basement pretty good (my shop is in it), so I guess I'll have to keep that in mind. If I'm away for the night, and this happens, the neighborhood will think I'm having an all night party (and I'm too old for that!)

Jim
    Check your "Power on resume" settings.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=964252

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk