Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum/Thread Subscription?

To all,

I happened to read the FAQ today, something I rarely do, and learned something new even though I have been using my SB2/3s for many years and using the various forums for many years. I found a reference to Forum/Thread Subscriptions that I took to mean that I could subscribe to a Forum/Thread and get email notifications. Currently I am involved in two threads which show the green circle with the check mark indicating that I am subscribed. But I have not received any notifications via my computers Thunderbird email client. Am I assuming incorrectly on how subscriptions work and what they do?

Thanks,

EEYORE

Check your spam folder... unfortunately mails from such systems often
    end up in the junk.

--

Michael

MHerger,

I have never used a spam filter so I will have to keep looking into the problem.

Thanks,

EEYORE

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Check your spam folder... unfortunately mails from such systems often
    end up in the junk.

--

Michael

> I have never used a spam filter so I will have to keep looking into the
    > problem.

But your mail provider likely does.

--

Michael

MHerger,

My ISP is ATT which uses YAHOO mail servers. I turned off the spam filter there too.

EEYORE

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > I have never used a spam filter so I will have to keep looking into the
    > problem.

But your mail provider likely does.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by EEYORE View Post
    MHerger,

My ISP is ATT which uses YAHOO mail servers. I turned off the spam filter there too.

EEYORE
    Check if you've actually indicated that a mail should be sent. Default setting is that you get notified in the control panel. To check, go to "Settings" on the web page. There 'you'll see your subscribed threads with new messages. Click "View all Subscribed Threads". You will get a list with a checkbox at the end of each line. This checkbox enables you to modify the notification setting. See images below ...
    Name:  Screenshot_218.png
Views: 139
Size:  33.6 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_219.png
Views: 143
Size:  90.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_217.png
Views: 140
Size:  14.8 KB
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
    Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear
    Car: TBC ...

bakker_be,

After reading your message I found 2 interesting things. The first was that when I went into "Settings" and looked at my subscriptions there was only one showing; looking manually in the different forums showed, with the green circle indicator, that I am currently subscribed to 3 threads. But when I hit the button to show "all subscribed threads" I received a long list from when I first enrolled on this forum which includes the 3 current subscriptions. Does the current subscription list have a short expiration time or require a reply in a specified time?

I also found the check boxes at the end of the listed subscriptions. None were checked so I checked the 3 current subscriptions and will now wait to see what happens.

Thank you for the help,

EEYORE

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    Check if you've actually indicated that a mail should be sent. Default setting is that you get notified in the control panel. To check, go to "Settings" on the web page. There 'you'll see your subscribed threads with new messages. Click "View all Subscribed Threads". You will get a list with a checkbox at the end of each line. This checkbox enables you to modify the notification setting. See images below ...
    Name:  Screenshot_218.png
Views: 139
Size:  33.6 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_219.png
Views: 143
Size:  90.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_217.png
Views: 140
Size:  14.8 KB

bakker_be,

After reading your message I found 2 interesting things. The first was that when I went into "Settings" and looked at my subscriptions there was only one showing; looking manually in the different forums showed, with the green circle indicator, that I am currently subscribed to 3 threads. But when I hit the button to show "all subscribed threads" I received a long list from when I first enrolled on this forum which includes the 3 current subscriptions. Does the current subscription list have a short expiration time or require a reply in a specified time?

I also found the check boxes at the end of the listed subscriptions. None were checked so I checked the 3 current subscriptions and will now wait to see what happens.

Thank you for the help,

EEYORE
    Only checking won't be enough, you still have to update your preference to "instantly, daily or weekly using email" (last image in my previous answer).
    Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer PDP-LX5090H
    Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2
    Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey + Topping A30 + Focal Elear

bakker_be,

I had already had "Instantly" selected. But I am still not getting email notifications. But I also noticed that when I check the boxes at the end of the subscription boxes, go away from that page, and come back to the subscription page that the check boxes are no longer checked. Should the check boxes stay checked until manually unchecked?

Thanks,

EEYORE

Quote Originally Posted by bakker_be View Post
    Only checking won't be enough, you still have to update your preference to "instantly, daily or weekly using email" (last image in my previous answer).

bakker_be,

I had already had "Instantly" selected. But I am still not getting email notifications. But I also noticed that when I check the boxes at the end of the subscription boxes, go away from that page, and come back to the subscription page that the check boxes are no longer checked. Should the check boxes stay checked until manually unchecked?

Thanks,

EEYORE
    No, they shouldn't stay checked ...
    Are you certain there aren't any typos in your mail address as registered in your forum-account?