Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

LMS on Zorin Linux

So Iíve been running LMS on my SFF Asrock Beebox 3150 running Windows 10 for some time fine but now itís gone pair shaped.
    The SFF PC only has 2gb ram and 32gb EEC HD.

Iíve recently installed Zorin Linux on my wifeís old Dell Windows 7 laptop and have been impressed with itís simplicity and speed.

Will it run LMS?
    Which is the correct file to install and could some Linux guru post the step by step install instructions.

Thanks from a Linux newbie.
    Squeezebox touch
    Logitech Media server 7.9.1 running on Asus Beebox 3050 SFF Pc with USB 3.0 750GB HD
    Arcam SA10 amplifier
    Chord rumour speaker cable
    Dali Mentor Menuets on Custom Design stands

Should be same as any Ubuntu OS. Just download and install with GDebi the amd64.deb file at http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nig...ex.php?ver=7.9

or if adventurous try the new LMS 8.0 at http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/?ver=8.0

edit: https://zorinos.com/help/install-apps/
    Apps in .deb files.

Please make sure you trust the app's source before installing software from third-party sources, as your computer and personal data may be vulnerable to a breach when running apps from unknown sources.

Some third-party apps can be downloaded from the web in the form of .deb install files for Linux.

As Zorin OS 15 is based on Ubuntu 18.04, select to download the corresponding package from the app developer's website.
    Double-click to open the .deb file. After verifying that you trust the source of the app, you should see the Software store window showing information about the downloaded app.
    Press the "Install" button. You may be prompted for your password during the installation process.

After the installation, you should see the newly installed app in the relevant category of the Zorin Menu.
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2020-02-04 at 07:39.
    • Version: 8.0.0 - 1579900545 @ Fri Jan 24 22:48:53 CET 2020
    • Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    • Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    • Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    • IO::Socket::SSL: 2.060
    • Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Thanks for your assistance Slimchances all installed and Tidal is now working.
    My local music store is on an external Iomega drive and when plugged into the SFF PC Zorin sees it and I can browse the files.
    However, within the LMS server settings via my IPad when trying to perform the first scan I can only see a very limited folder structure.
    Do I have to do it on the pc itís self?
    Squeezebox touch
    Logitech Media server 7.9.1 running on Asus Beebox 3050 SFF Pc with USB 3.0 750GB HD
    Arcam SA10 amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by tank121 View Post
    Thanks for your assistance Slimchances all installed and Tidal is now working.
    My local music store is on an external Iomega drive and when plugged into the SFF PC Zorin sees it and I can browse the files.
    However, within the LMS server settings via my IPad when trying to perform the first scan I can only see a very limited folder structure.
    Do I have to do it on the pc it’s self?
    I am not sure if the Ipad would be compatible with a Linux install. I have only tried android which worked. Sorry I can't help
    Edit: it should work from the server itself. The only issue with the music files might be permission problems. On my PC with my music I am the owner and have read write privildges
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2020-02-09 at 06:07.

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

It’s the same on the PC SFF I can only see these directories within LMS and not the external USB drive but I can browse it within Zorin Linux fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Squeezebox touch
    Arcam SA10 amplifier

You may have to set ownership/permissions of your Music Folders/Files.

This might help
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...ions-correctly

Two SB Radios wireless

What is the file system on the external drive? (ext,NTFS,FAT...)

The link I gave is to set ownership/permissions on EXT file system which is the usual Linux FS but your external drive may be formatted to a Windows FS like NTFS

EDIT: I may be wrong about this last statement . It may be possible to set permissions for a Windows FS. It has been awhile since I dealt with these issues
    Last edited by SlimChances; 2020-02-09 at 08:16.

Two SB Radios wireless