Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Thread: False alarm

False alarm

Last night I turned off the alarm on my Radio by unchecking the "All alarms" box. I thought it was odd that the alarm symbol was still visible on the screen. Sure enough this morning I was woken by an alarm but not the it was the back up alarm sound. So it seems that LMS knew the alarm was turned off but the Radio didn't. After rebooting the Radio the alarm symbol on the display disappeared. Any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Last night I turned off the alarm on my Radio by unchecking the "All alarms" box. I thought it was odd that the alarm symbol was still visible on the screen. Sure enough this morning I was woken by an alarm but not the it was the back up alarm sound. So it seems that LMS knew the alarm was turned off but the Radio didn't. After rebooting the Radio the alarm symbol on the display disappeared. Any ideas?

@cpd73 this night be caused by Material Skin. If I open player settings and uncheck "Enable all alarms" then the "All alarms" setting on the Radio changes to "Off" BUT the alarm symbol on the Radio is still present on the display. If I back out of the player settings then the alarm symbol on the Radio disappears. This is on contrast with the individual alarm settings as if I uncheck the next alarm then the alarm symbol on the Radio disappears immediately without having to back out of the player settings.

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    @cpd73 this night be caused by Material Skin. If I open player settings and uncheck "Enable all alarms" then the "All alarms" setting on the Radio changes to "Off" BUT the alarm symbol on the Radio is still present on the display. If I back out of the player settings then the alarm symbol on the Radio disappears. This is on contrast with the individual alarm settings as if I uncheck the next alarm then the alarm symbol on the Radio disappears immediately without having to back out of the player settings
    Most Material settings (its settings, and from its Player settings dialog) are only saved when you close the dialog. Some, such as the individual alarm toggle (and alarm creation) are altered immediately.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Most Material settings (its settings, and from its Player settings dialog) are only saved when you close the dialog. Some, such as the individual alarm toggle (and alarm creation) are altered immediately.
    Yup I should know that by now.