Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

SB Radio no longer plays 24/96 OGF stream

My SB Radios do no longer play a 24/96 ogg/flac stream. This used to work in the past. My SB Touches still play this same stream without problems. So do my SB Controllers.

When selecting the stream the server logs "Slim::Player::Song::open (409) Error: Couldn't create command line for ogf playback for [stream url]" and the SBR displays "Unsupported sample-rate [stream url]".

My LMS runs on a RaspberryPi 3b+. Current version is: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.2 - 1578996832 @ Tue Jan 14 12:16:57 CET 2020
    Unfortunately, I didn't keep backups of older versions except for a version from November 2018. If I downgrade to that, the stream plays fine on all my devices again.

Not sure how to debug this further. Why would the sample-rate suddenly be unsupported? Even so, shouldn't the server resample to a supported sample-rate? Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Dieter

> My SB Radios do no longer play a 24/96 ogg/flac stream. This used to
    > work in the past. My SB Touches still play this same stream without
    > problems. So do my SB Controllers.

Would you know what LMS version this used to work with? This might be a
    relevant change from back in September:

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/pull/290

You might be able to revert this simple change locally to test without it.

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

Thanks for the pointer. I have reverted the change and restarted LMS. No difference however.

I only have a really old LMS version that works: logitechmediaserver_7.9.2_1543258616_arm.deb
    One notable difference is that with this older version the stream is played on the SBRadio using decoding on the server (but leavig the sample-rate alone):

sh -c "/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/armhf-linux/flac" --ogg -dcs -- - | "/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/armhf-linux/flac" -cs --ignore-chunk-sizes --totally-silent --compression-level-0 -

On the SBTouch the stream is played without additional server processes with both old and new LMS version. Something keeps the latest LMS from starting the decoding pipe above for the SBRadio.

Are the decoding capabilities really different between SBRadio and SBTouch?

FYI I did post a detailed reply but somehow it doesn't appear. Will post again later if it doesn't show up.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post

Thanks for the pointer. I have reverted that change and restarted LMS but no change.

The LMS version I have that works is very old: logitechmediaserver_7.9.2_1543258616_arm.deb

The most obvious difference is that the old version plays the stream on the SBRadio using decoding on the server:

sh -c "/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/armhf-linux/flac" --ogg -dcs -- - | "/usr/share/squeezeboxserver/Bin/armhf-linux/flac" -cs --ignore-chunk-sizes --totally-silent --compression-level-0 -

Decoding on the server is not used for the SBTouch with either LMS version. Are the decoding capabilities different between SBRadio and SBTouch?

I can reply to thread but only without quoting? Another attempt before I give up:

Thanks for the pointer Michael. I have reverted that change and restarted LMS but no change.

The LMS version I have that works is very old: logitechmediaserver_7.9.2_1543258616_arm.deb

The most obvious difference is that the old version plays the stream on the SBRadio using decoding on the server:

Decoding on the server is not used for the SBTouch with either LMS version. Are the decoding capabilities different between SBRadio and SBTouch?

> Decoding on the server is not used for the SBTouch with either LMS
    > version. Are the decoding capabilities different between SBRadio and
    > SBTouch?

Yes, Touch can handle higher resolution streams which Radio can't play.

--
    --

Michael

The decoding pipe above used for the SBRadio does not change resolution IMO. Anyway, any ideas where else I might look for the reason why the SBRadio no longer plays?

> The decoding pipe above used for the SBRadio does not change resolution
    > IMO. Anyway, any ideas where else I might look for the reason why the
    > SBRadio no longer plays?

Are you saying it does no longer play on the Radio, but did before? But
    it still worked on the Touch?

--

Michael

> IMO. Anyway, any ideas where else I might look for the reason why the
    > SBRadio no longer plays?

Here's another change which might have had an impact:

https://github.com/Logitech/slimserv...adf62562064a18

(unfortunately there's a ton of whitespace changes in there...)

--

Michael