Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Cant connect to Ethernet

won't connect to Ethernet.Asking me to put info in manually. Getting a message cant fin DHCP address. Is that the IP address of my router? When I put that in it says "connected" but won't show up on Network?

Quote Originally Posted by gellie View Post
    won't connect to Ethernet.Asking me to put info in manually. Getting a message cant fin DHCP address. Is that the IP address of my router? When I put that in it says "connected" but won't show up on Network?
    Hi @gellie - No DHCP is a service that should be running on your router to distribute IP addresses to any device that connects to the network (and it also tells the advice what the gateway - to the internet - is, typically the router itself. Because you have your wi-fi mesh running that may be doing it for the wi-fi and your router isn't doing it at all? Basically:

1. Check your router config - is DHCP enabled? Can you see a list of all connected devices and their IP addresses and MAC addresses?
    2. If no then you need to check where DHCP is coming from (e.g. the wi-fi master unit) if at all... Your network may not be configured correctly or may have something unusual like a wi-fi unit acting as the DHCP server.
    3. You can give the touch manual settings in the interim but need to ensure you don't duplicate an existing address...
    4. If DHCP isn't operating properly on your network this could be contributing to your other issues.
    Hi-Fi 1: QNAP HS-453DX NAS+QLMS/Allo USBridge Signature+Shanti LPS/Cirrus ESS Sabre 32-bit Reference DAC (Oppo 105D)/Yamaha Aventage CX-A5000/Focal SM9s.
    Hi-Fi 2: Sqbox Touch+Shanti LPS/Focal XS Books.
    Hi-Fi 3: PC+Squeezelite-X+Material Skin/Focal XS Books.
    Head-Fi: Plantronics BB Pro 2 LE Headphones.
    Accessories: iPeng (iPhones/iPad Minis); Tchernov Classic & Van den Hul ICs; Thor PS10 Power Station; Blue Jeans & Ruleconnect Cables (Power, HDMI, USB & Coaxial); Aurios & Vibrapods.

First thing I would do is:

1. turn OFF (unplug) Touch
    2. Turn off computer/NAS running LMS
    3. Unplug modem/Router.

Then:

1. plug in modem/Router and let fully start
    2. turn on Computer/NAS running LMS and let fully start (i.e., can access the webGUI of LMS)
    3. Plug in Touch and it should find the LMS and internet.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Are you using a new mesh wifi router?
    If yes - then I think others have been reporting issues with some SB devices connecting.
    You could try Ethernet just to prove that the Touch can work.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Thanks. I got everything up and running via Ethernet. (sort of). I'm using a TPpLink Powerline between the SBT and My Main Orbi router, which is connected to my Fios router . Been streaming music from Roon for over 10 hours without disruption. Only thing is the homeplug connected into the SBT is showing a poor/no single(red light in middle). The powerline connected router is showing 3 green lights.

Quote Originally Posted by gellie View Post
    Thanks. I got everything up and running via Ethernet. (sort of). I'm using a TPpLink Powerline between the SBT and My Main Orbi router, which is connected to my Fios router . Been streaming music from Roon for over 10 hours without disruption. Only thing is the homeplug connected into the SBT is showing a poor/no single(red light in middle). The powerline connected router is showing 3 green lights.
    If you switched the powerline adaptors and had same outcome (red near TOUCH), then that at least tells you it is NOT a problem with that particular powerline adaptor. Is there something new plugged in on that circuit?
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

So Yes. I wound up moving the power adaptor to my MOCA Fios extender in my office, And the SBT remains in my family room as has always been the case. Its been up and running for 24 hours with no WiFi drops. I realize this is not as good as having a Ethernet cable directly from router to touch, but even with bringing in a AV installation firm, it will be very difficult. Fingers crossed.