Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Your player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com (Pandora "Your stations")

Hi Michael-

Thanks for all you do to support the Squeezebox community!

A year or so ago, I made the mistake of trying to interact with the browser-based player control (mysqueezebox.com/player/playerControl) in Safrai on my iPhone when I was away from my home network WiFi. I think that is when I first experienced the "Your player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com" when trying to access my Pandora playlists ("Your stations"). Subsequently, when home, I continued to get the "Your player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com" error from iPhone/Safari and noticed I also get it in all browsers (IE, Chrome, FireFox) on all my computers. Curiously, the player controls (pause, skip, volume) work fine. I have a Squeezebox Duet. The physical remote works fine.

Thanks for your help!

Regards,

Ed
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Your player is not authorized touse mysqueezebox.com (Pandora "Your stations")

> A year or so ago, I made the mistake of trying to interact with the
    > browser-based player control (mysqueezebox.com/player/playerControl) in
    > Safrai on my iPhone when I was away from my home network WiFi. I think
    > that is when I first experienced the "Your player is not authorized to
    > use mysqueezebox.com" when trying to access my Pandora playlists ("Your
    > stations"). Subsequently, when home, I continued to get the "Your
    > player is not authorized to use mysqueezebox.com" error from
    > iPhone/Safari and noticed I also get it in all browsers (IE, Chrome,
    > FireFox) on all my computers.

Are you saying this only happens when using the web control?

--

Michael

Correct.

Any news on this?

Your player is not authorized touse mysqueezebox.com (Pandora "Your stations")

> Any news on this?

I must admit that I haven't looked into this yet. As I can't really test
    Pandora here, and as this seems to be a web-control issue only, I didn't
    pay much attention.

--

Michael

????

Not sure if anyone else is having this issue...

I had same problem today, but found that it works correctly when going to www.mysqueezebox.com, shows the error when using just mysqueezebox.com.

I see the same issue. Using hardware player all Pandora items work as expected. Using MySB.com > Remote Control on Pandora gives same error message as described.

But Remote Control is not completely non-functional on Pandora. If player is already on a Pandora stream then Remote Control correctly displays station info and album art and I can play/pause/skip using the Remote Control buttons.

The site is using Let's Encrypt certificates with a 3 month period of validity.
    So that means that the certs are replaced every few weeks.
    If one of the servers in the set has a problem getting the new cert applied then it could easily throw up occasional errors depending how the load balancer moves requests around.

The server that I reached shows that a certificate start time of 16 days ago.
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin

Quote Originally Posted by uranus View Post
    Not sure if anyone else is having this issue...

I had same problem today, but found that it works correctly when going to www.mysqueezebox.com, shows the error when using just mysqueezebox.com.
    Both work and not-work with me. I have issues with Tidal since yesterday (which uses mysqueezebox). When Tidal doesn't work, I notice mysqyeezebox certificat also shows an error. It's non-stop throughout the day every few minutes online and then offline. I have posted my experience here: https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...mysqueebox-com

So it seems more people are having issues with mysqueezebox, which break certain plugins.

When it does not work ... what date do you see listed against the certificate?
    Paul Webster
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), PlanetRadio (Bauer - Kiss, Absolute, Scala, JazzFM etc), KCRW, ABC Australia and CBC/Radio-Canada
    and, via the extra "Radio Now Playing" plugin lots more - see https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...Playing-plugin