Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Will power supply for SB V3 work with Touch

the supply for touch is broken and I want to know if I can use the SB V3 supply?

Thanks
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by SlimChances View Post
    the supply for touch is broken and I want to know if I can use the SB V3 supply?

Thanks
    Yes, I'm using my Touch's power supply on either a Touch or a SB3 (Classic).

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.ph...are_comparison
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
    Study - Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
    Lounge - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
    Dining Room - Squeezebox Boom
    Garage - Squeezebox Touch > Edifier R980T

Spares - 1xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 7xRPi

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post

Thanks that worked
    Logitech Media Server Version: 8.0.0 - 1590897265 @ Sun May 31 06:47:52 CEST 2020
    Operating system: Debian - EN - utf8
    Platform Architecture: x86_64-linux
    Perl Version: 5.26.1 - x86_64-linux-gnu-thread-multi
    Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

One SB Touch connected by Ethernet - Denon AVR -1912 Receiver, Paradigm 4.1 speakers
    SB Classic connected by Optical to FX Audio D802C amp and Sinclair bookshelf speakers
    Two SB Radios wireless

Quote Originally Posted by kidstypike View Post

Thank you. This a very useful piece of information as it will allow me to troubleshoot my SB3 and find out whether it is a PSU issue or something else.

I bought a SB Touch used without a power supply and remote. It was supposed to be a spare but I have decided to use it in a spare room. The remote I can live without but obviously I need a power supply.

I have a whole box of random spare AC supplies but the only two that fit the Squeezebox pin don't power the unit up. It works fine on my main SBT power supply.

So, any ideas on where I can find a suitable replacement unit?

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmako View Post
    I bought a SB Touch used without a power supply and remote. It was supposed to be a spare but I have decided to use it in a spare room. The remote I can live without but obviously I need a power supply.

I have a whole box of random spare AC supplies but the only two that fit the Squeezebox pin don't power the unit up. It works fine on my main SBT power supply.

So, any ideas on where I can find a suitable replacement unit?

Thanks in advance.
    You don't say where you are.

You need 5v /2amp such as this one, suitable for Squeezebox Touch or Classic.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Sq...9&sr=8-2-fkmr3
    Server - LMS 8.0.0 Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.1.0 18K library, playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)

Great. Thanks for that. But, how do you know which size pin? Is the pin size tied to the output? IOW, are the all the same? I only ask because I have a box filled with a dozen of these and only two have pins that fit the Touch.

I'm in Virginia, in the US.

Thanks for the info.
    Last edited by oldmako; 2020-03-06 at 08:22.

Great. Thanks for that. But, how do you know which size pin? Is the pin size tied to the output? IOW, are the all the same? I only ask because I have a box filled with a dozen of these and only two have pins that fit the Touch.

Thanks for the info.
    Link to PSU states it's a replacement for a Squeezebox Classic. Classic and Touch both have the same pin (barrel) size, I know this, I have a PSU plugged into the mains here, and swap between Touch and Classic regularly.

You still don't say where you are, link is just an example, you'll need a PSU that fits the mains sockets in your country.

Great. Thanks for that. But, how do you know which size pin? Is the pin size tied to the output? IOW, are the all the same? I only ask because I have a box filled with a dozen of these and only two have pins that fit the Touch..
    The "pin size" has nothing to do with the electrical output of the power supply. You could have easily destroyed your Squeezebox by finding a power supply with the right "pin size" that put out too much voltage. You need to be careful to match output voltage and amperage in addition to the "pin size" when selecting a replacement power supply.
    ------
    Touch -> GW Labs upsampler -> TacT RCS 2.2X -> Convolver PC (Win10 + AcourateConvolver + RME HDSP-AES-32)-> (TacT S2150 -> Harbeth M40) + (TacT S2150 -> TacT W210)