Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Sound Oscillation

Well, this is weird and has never happened to me before. I installed LMS version 7.9.3 on January 20th and now the sound from my speakers is oscillating in loudness. It's as though someone is muffling the sound, then not and then back again.

I thought it might be a loose connection somewhere but when I switch sources to my Naim CD player, the system's sound plays fine.

Anyone have an idea what's going on? Should I reinstall an older version of LMS for the time being?

Sound Oscillation

Now to add to my problems, I tried to install an earlier version of LMS (7.9.2) and am getting this error:

Setup was unable to create the directory C:|ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\StartMenu\Program s\LogitechMediaServer

Error5: Access is denied

Sound Oscillation

Forget about the permissions issue, that was easily solved. But I'm still having this weird sound oscillation problem.

Sound Oscillation

And it doesn't happen on every song. My DAC/preamp is able to play up to 24/96.

I'm closing out this thread. It turned out the problem wasn't with LMS/SBT but the settings in the pre-pro in my audio system to which the Touch is connected. Problem is now solved.