Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I have a collection of 2000 albums with 32.000 songs of 700 artists.
    20% of the songs are compilations of various artists:
    Motown Hit series, De Pre Historie, TMF/Yorin/Radio 538 Hitzone, Dance Classics series etc
    Compilations of various artists I do not want in my mixes and also not Classical, Jazz and Christmas Music.
    The music I do not want in my mixes I have marked with the genre NIMP (=No Music IP )
    I am a Linux user so I use Puddletag (┬“similar┬” as Mp3tag Windows) for that.
    For instance: Classical music I mark with the genres NMIP\\Classical (so the first is always NMIP)
    In MusicIP Mixer:
    Preferences > Exclusions > Don┬’t Analyze Songs Like This > Match any of the following conditions: Genre contains NMIP
    So all the music I do not want, are not analyzed by MusicIP Mixer and are also not in my Spicefly SugarCube mixes.

If you do want to analyze all your music you can use the genre tag NMIP in Spicefly Sucarcube:
    SugarCube Enhancements > Always Block this Genre: NMIP

Spicefly SugarCube Settings:
    If I do not like the mixes I change the settings .
    The settings for now:
    SugarCube Mix Mode: Standard MusicIP
    How much Mix Style: 200
    How much Mix Variety: 0
    Mix by Song or Album: Song
    SugarCube Enhancements
    Dynamic Queuing: Only Queue a New Track if Playing the last Track on the Playlist: On
    SugarCube Wobble: Medium Wobble (first 5)
    Block Artist Repeating for x Tracks: 5
    Always Block Selected Artist: Elvis Costello
    Always Block this Genre: NMIP (NB necessary for the Freestyle Mode!)
    Block Album Repeating for x Tracks: 100
    Remember This Many Played Tracks: 100

Spicefly Sugarcube settings plugin advanced:
    Enable Delay Mode: 15
    Spicefly SugarCube Live View Width: 100
    Album Art Size in SugarCube Liveview: 100
    SugarCube Live View icon Position: 86
    SugarCube History Icon Position: 87
    MusicIP Request No. of Tracks: 10
    The following setting did never worked for me:
    Enable Christmas Genre Block: Enable Christmas Genre Block
    So I have marked all my Christmas Music with the genre tag NMIP\\Christmas

And sometimes I enable TrackStat.
    Last edited by wowo; 2020-01-28 at 09:23.
    Squeezebox: 1x Touch + 1x Radio
    Squeezelite 1.9.0.1113: 4x
    Logitech Media Server: Version: 7.9.2 - 1571226194
    Plugins: Custom Skip v2.5.83; Database Query v2.4.3923; Dynamic Playlists v2.10.247Spicefly SugarCube v4.86; Trackstat v3.3.602
    NAS: QNAP Turbostation TS-239 Pro II (1,6Ghz, 1GB); firmware 4.2.6 Build 20200109 ; QPKG LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2
    Tag: MusicBrainz Picard 2.2.3 (Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS); Puddletag 1.2.0 (Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS)
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by wowo View Post
    I have a collection of 2000 albums with 32.000 songs of 700 artists.
    20% of the songs are compilations of various artists:
    Motown Hit series, De Pre Historie, TMF/Yorin/Radio 538 Hitzone, Dance Classics series etc
    Compilations of various artists I do not want in my mixes and also not Classical, Jazz and Christmas Music.
    The music I do not want in my mixes I have marked with the genre NIMP (=No Music IP )
    I am a Linux user so I use Puddletag (“similar” as Mp3tag Windows) for that.
    For instance: Classical music I mark with the genres NMIP\\Classical (so the first is always NMIP)
    In MusicIP Mixer:
    Preferences > Exclusions > Don┬ĺt Analyze Songs Like This > Match any of the following conditions: Genre contains NMIP
    So all the music I do not want, are not analyzed by MusicIP Mixer and are also not in my Spicefly SugarCube mixes.

If you do want to analyze all your music you can use the genre tag NMIP in Spicefly Sucarcube:
    SugarCube Enhancements > Always Block this Genre: NMIP

Spicefly SugarCube Settings:
    If I do not like the mixes I change the settings .
    The settings for now:
    SugarCube Mix Mode: Standard MusicIP
    How much Mix Style: 200
    How much Mix Variety: 0
    Mix by Song or Album: Song
    SugarCube Enhancements
    Dynamic Queuing: Only Queue a New Track if Playing the last Track on the Playlist: On
    SugarCube Wobble: Medium Wobble (first 5)
    Always Block Selected Artist: Elvis Costello
    (Always Block this Genre: NMIP)

Spicefly Sugarcube settings plugin advanced:
    Enable Delay Mode: 15
    Spicefly SugarCube Live View Width: 100
    Album Art Size in SugarCube Liveview: 100
    SugarCube Live View icon Position: 86
    SugarCube History Icon Position: 87
    MusicIP Request No. of Tracks: 10
    The following setting did never worked for me:
    Enable Christmas Genre Block: Enable Christmas Genre Block
    So I have marked all my Christmas Music with the genre tag NMIP\\Christmas
    A few years ago I did what you are doing and deliberately did not analyse a lot of tracks in MusicIP but I found that every time I performed a scan in LMS those unanalysed files were queried by the MusicIP plugin causing long scan times. I ended up analysing all my tracks and relying on filters in MusicIP to prevent the unwanted tracks being used.
    https://forums.slimdevices.com/showt...hlight=MusicIP

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    A few years ago I did what you are doing and deliberately did not analyse a lot of tracks in MusicIP but I found that every time I performed a scan in LMS those unanalysed files were queried by the MusicIP plugin causing long scan times. I ended up analysing all my tracks and relying on filters in MusicIP to prevent the unwanted tracks being used.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    I have not notice your behaviour maybe your your setup is different.
    I do the analyzing of the Music Files on a Virtual Windows 10 OS (4 cores enabled):
    Total Songs: 32.214
    Ready songs (mixable): 23.925
    Unanalyzable songs: 15

After that I copy the default.m3lib to my NAS MusicIP Headless Server. After adding the music path (adding tracks) I have:
    Total songs: 32.532
    Mixable songs: 23.925
    Songs to validate: 8.607
    I do not touch the start validation button because everything was done correct on the Windows Machine. It does not change the amount of the mixable songs and it only uses a lot of RAM of my NAS.

I never do a "new and changed" scan. If I have added a lot of music, I only use "Delete Collection and scan everything". The scanning time of my Nas is 1,5 hour (I do this during the night).
    Plugins: Custom Skip v2.5.83; Database Query v2.4.3923; Dynamic Playlists v2.10.247Spicefly SugarCube v4.86; Trackstat v3.3.602
    NAS: QNAP Turbostation TS-239 Pro II (1,6Ghz, 1GB); firmware 4.2.6 Build 20200109 ; QPKG LogitechMediaServer 7.7.2
    Tag: MusicBrainz Picard 2.2.3 (Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS); Puddletag 1.2.0 (Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS)
    Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    SugarCube doesn't use the MusicIP plugin you don't need it installed. It queries the MusicIP Web API directly so you don't need that scan.
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

@cparker.
    When I have tagged more Genres to a Music File Spicefly SugarCube, MusicIP Mixer and MusicIP Headless Server only show the first Genre.
    For instance:
    I have files tagged with: NMIP\\Classical and also files with only the NMIP tag.
    In LMS webinterface I can see both the separate Genres: NIMP and separate Classical
    In Spicefly SugarCube, MusicIP Mixer and MusicIP Headless Server I could only see the NMIP genre but not the Classical genre.
    Is this normal behaviour?
    Could MusicIP only handle the first genre?
    Last.fm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by wowo View Post
    @cparker.
    When I have tagged more Genres to a Music File Spicefly SugarCube, MusicIP Mixer and MusicIP Headless Server only show the first Genre.
    For instance:
    I have files tagged with: NMIP\\Classical and also files with only the NMIP tag.
    In LMS webinterface I can see both the separate Genres: NIMP and separate Classical
    In Spicefly SugarCube, MusicIP Mixer and MusicIP Headless Server I could only see the NMIP genre but not the Classical genre.
    Is this normal behaviour?
    Could MusicIP only handle the first genre?
    MusicIP doesn't handle multiple genres, the best I have is a workaround that makes the last genre the dominate genre.
    www.spicefly.com - ** Spicefly SugarCube ** - A hassle free acoustic journey through your music library using MusicIP. Plus the finest MusicIP installation guides, enhanced MIP Interface and SpyGlass MIP the Windows Automated MusicIP Headless Installer.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    > When I go to player setting in the web gui and I go to don't stop the
    > music, I have the option to select musicIP, Lastmix, Random xxx and all
    > the other opportunities of online services, but not a way to switch on
    > and off spicefly sugarcube. It would be great to have there a spicefly
    > sugarcube option as well . Not sure if CParker has to implement it (my
    > guess) or if it is core to LMS....

That would be SugarCube's task. I can certainly help if there are questions.

--

Michael
    @CParker:
    This is on top of my wishlist for Sugarcube now :-)
    Also a big thank you for having implemented the other proposals I made in the past with the recently released version :-)

Quote Originally Posted by cparker View Post
    MusicIP doesn't handle multiple genres, the best I have is a workaround that makes the last genre the dominate genre.
    Sad. But it is as it is.
    I am working now with the first genre as the dominate genre.
    For instance Ambient, Blues, Chanson, Christmas, Classical, Country, Cursus, Electronic, Fado, Flamenco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Indie, Jazz, Nature, Pop, NMIP (No Music IP), Other, Reggae, Rock, Rock and Roll, Samples, Ska, Soul, Soundtrack, Spoken Word, Toplist (oa Rolling Stone Magazine's 500 Greatest Songs Of All Time) World Music, Zydeco etc. etc.
    Last.fm

On topic.
    On my desktop with Squeezelite I use now the following SugarCube settings:
    SugarCube Mix Mode: Freestyle Mode

FreeStyle Random Track Selection: Specific Yer Range (Strict)
    Random Mixing Start Year: 1985
    Random Mixing End Year: 1995
    FreeStyle Track Selection Type: Any Track (Default)
    FreeStyle Track Length Preference: Any Length (Disabled)

SugarCube Enhancements
    Always Block Selected Artist: None
    Always Block this Genre: None

@cparker
    Good that SugarCube sees my year tags (TDRC or TDOR?; ID3v2.4), so FreeStyle Mix works great.
    I find it strange that MusicIp Mixer 1.9 beta6 (Windows 10) does not see the year tags.
    Is that because I am working with ID3v2,4 or is it an known bug?
    Last.fm