Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    it is true that LMS installations will still work and all services that do not depend on msb.com will continue to work. But the community of users may be scattered and crucial information may be lost.
    True, the greatest lost would be the community of users here. Hopefully the word could get out somehow about a new gathering spot.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Quote Originally Posted by RobbH View Post
    Thanks for that. I should have thought of the internet archive. That may be a valuable resource. However, so far my attempts to access any content there have failed. I'm probably doing something wrong, but I wonder if it's working for anyone else.
    Not working for me either, I think it's more for static web pages than forums.

Quote Originally Posted by echable View Post
    Not working for me either, I think it's more for static web pages than forums.
    yes, wayback machine is static snapshots of webpages at a certain point in time. Not very useful for searching, etc.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

I've volunteered it in the past but I'm more than happy to do so again... if anybody wants to put together a backup vbulletin or other type of board, I will gladly donate the hosting indefinitely. I run a design company and have run a reseller account since 2002 and have no problem dedicating the space.

Anybody say the word.
    1 Touch
    2 Receivers
    1 Controller
    2 Radios

Quote Originally Posted by FredFredrickson View Post
    I've volunteered it in the past but I'm more than happy to do so again... if anybody wants to put together a backup vbulletin or other type of board, I will gladly donate the hosting indefinitely. I run a design company and have run a reseller account since 2002 and have no problem dedicating the space.

Anybody say the word.

This would be great! I don't have the expertise to do it myself, but maybe someone else will step up. Even just setting up an empty dummy site would be useful, we could link to it and if the worst happened could start from scratch.

Would be extra great (but perhaps it would be asking too much) if an archive of posts in at least some of the forums could also be archived from time to time.

R.
    LMS on a dedicated server (FitPC3)
    Transporter (Ethernet) - main listening, Onkyo receiver, Paradigm speakers
    Touch (WiFi) - home theater 5.1, Sony receiver, Energy speakers
    Boom 1 (WiFi) - work-space
    Boom 2 (WiFi) - various (deck, garage, etc.)
    Radio (WiFi) - home office
    Control - Squeeze Control (Android mobile), 2 Controllers (seldom used), Squeeze Remote (on Surface Pro 4)
    Touch x 1 - spare
    UE Radio x 1 - spare
    Boom x 1 - spare
    Controller x 1 - Spare
    Duet Receiver (backup)

VBulletin is free I believe. Easy enough to install. Whoever administrates this site would need to export the database if/when this site was closing if you wanted to archive what we already have.
    1 Touch
    2 Receivers
    1 Controller
    2 Radios

Quote Originally Posted by FredFredrickson View Post
    VBulletin is free I believe.
    Base price on your storage is $250 USD or the cloud option starts @ $15 a month and goes up from there depending on storage requirements.
    Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets and Squeeseslave
    Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3 Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
    Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
    Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)

Plans if Logitech pulls the plug ?

FredFredrickson wrote:
    >
    > I've volunteered it in the past but I'm more than happy to do so
    > again... if anybody wants to put together a backup vbulletin or other
    > type of board, I will gladly donate the hosting indefinitely. I run a
    > design company and have run a reseller account since 2002 and have no
    > problem dedicating the space.

I can also offer webspace with php and databases and / or a seperate
    mailinglistserver for free if needed. Just let me know if something is
    needed, would be glad to help!

Ciao,

Schoepp

Logitech has already pulled the plug, for the most part.

The biggest danger to the ecosystem will always be the loss of plugin development. The Spotifys etc of the world keep evolving their API, and eventually the ecosystem would be left only being able to play our home libraries in a very static environment that ultimately would become obsolete. I once thought I could freeze my environment at a stable old release running on an old Ubuntu release, but that did prove unfeasible.
    ...pablo
    Server: Virtual Machine (on VMware Workstation) running Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 7.9.1
    System: SB Touch -optical-> Benchmark DAC2HGC -AnalysisPlus Oval Copper XLR-> NAD M22 Power Amp -AnalysisPlus Black Mesh Oval-> KEF Reference 1
    Other Rooms: 2x SB Boom; 1x SB Radio; 1x SB Classic-> NAD D7050 -> Totem DreamCatcher + Velodyne Minivee Sub
    Computer audio: workstation -USB-> audioengine D1 -> Grado RS1/Shure 1540

Quote Originally Posted by w3wilkes View Post
    Base price on your storage is $250 USD or the cloud option starts @ $15 a month and goes up from there depending on storage requirements.
    Good to know. Not the worst, though there are so many free BB scripts out there.

If fit hit the shan and somebody got a database dump i'm sure it's not that hard to migrate some of this data to an open source forum.
    1 Touch
    2 Receivers
    1 Controller
    2 Radios