Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Wow! That app's great! I was going to complain about it not supporting the android media controls in notification or lockscreen - but, even better, it appears over the lockscreen. Think I might use this instead of Kiwi...
    It seems to me that the Fully Kiosk app is snappier than the Kiwi browser. Do you get the same impression?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    It seems to me that the Fully Kiosk app is snappier than the Kiwi browser. Do you get the same impression?
    Must admit I have not yet played enough to really know - but they seem pretty similar to me. Kiwi seems to launch about 0.5-1 second faster. I have noticed that when adding to homescreen, Fully Kiosk does not seem to use the manifest file and gets the text from the page title and uses the iOS (square) icon. Also, if Fully is launched,go to android homescreen, press the icon on the homescreen, Fully reloads the Material page. However, I have a work-around for all of this. I use Nova launcher and change the name and icon of the Fully app itself to 'LMS' and Material's icon. There there is no need to use Fully's add to homescreen, I can just place the app itself on the homescreen. Seeing as Fully seems a one URL app this is a reasonable work-around for me.
    Material debug: 1. Launch via http: //SERVER:9000/material/?debug=json 2. Open browser's developer tools 3. Open console tab in developer tools 4. REQ/RESP messages sent to/from LMS will be logged here.

Quote Originally Posted by cpd73 View Post
    Must admit I have not yet played enough to really know - but they seem pretty similar to me. Kiwi seems to launch about 0.5-1 second faster. I have noticed that when adding to homescreen, Fully Kiosk does not seem to use the manifest file and gets the text from the page title and uses the iOS (square) icon. Also, if Fully is launched,go to android homescreen, press the icon on the homescreen, Fully reloads the Material page. However, I have a work-around for all of this. I use Nova launcher and change the name and icon of the Fully app itself to 'LMS' and Material's icon. There there is no need to use Fully's add to homescreen, I can just place the app itself on the homescreen. Seeing as Fully seems a one URL app this is a reasonable work-around for me.
    This is a little bit sad but I made videos to show the difference in speed I am seeing between the Kiwi and Fully Kiosk browsers when browsing to album tracks in My Music.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by Ron F. View Post
    Hi Waldo,

The material skin will include a screensaver feature in it's next release, v1.4. It is available now for testing.

See the thread Announce: Material Skin.

Additionally, thanks to your suggestion, I am testing fully-kiosk-browser for use with material.
    Hi Ron,
    it took me so long to find some time that v1.4 was already released LOL

Just two words: AWESOME and THANKS!!
    it works exactly as the Touch used to do and I'm really happy (screensaver clock keeps working even when wifi is down)

I don't discard yet using something like Tasker or Automagic4android instead of FullyKiosk; will update this thread if progress is made.

Quote Originally Posted by waldo View Post
    Hi Ron,
    it took me so long to find some time that v1.4 was already released LOL

Just two words: AWESOME and THANKS!!
    it works exactly as the Touch used to do and I'm really happy (screensaver clock keeps working even when wifi is down)

I don't discard yet using something like Tasker or Automagic4android instead of FullyKiosk; will update this thread if progress is made.
    I am glad you like material. I am now shopping for a tablet, hopefully one that is not too expensive.

Your mention of Tasker reminds me of something ... the one thing missing from material is the ability to pause all players in the house when my mobile phone rings. I think a Tasker script running on the phone could be made to do that. I tried to do this last year, but I could not get it to work consistently. I might go back and try this again.
    Living Room: SB Touch + DIY PSU > CI Audio VDA.2 DAC + VAC.1 PSU > VRX.1 cables > Emotiva XSP-1 Gen 2 preamp + XPA-DR2 amp > Blue Jeans cables > B&W 804 speakers
    Laptop: System76 Galago + Ubuntu 16.04 + Squeezelite + Vivaldi/Material Skin > Emotiva Little Ego DAC > Grado PS500 headphones
    Phone: Pixel 3a Phone + BubbleUPnP + Kiwi/Material Skin > Bluetooth > Bose SoundLink Revolve
    Server: Puget Systems Serenity + Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 8.0
    Music: Personal FLAC, Radio Paradise FLAC, Qobuz, Spotify

I thought this browser would run on boot ... can't seem to achieve that. Any tips?
    LMS server: O2 Joggler with Jivelite

Amp: Denon PMA-50

Players/Speakers: Touch, Logitech Radios, Sonos Play 1s & Beam, Libratone Zipp, GGMM E2 & E3, Yamaha WXAD-010, Loewe Airspeaker, Google Chromecast Audio, Home Mini & Nest Hub, Amazon Echo 2,3 and Show5, Pioneer WX-SMA1, Roberts S1, O2 Joggler, Cisco Joggler, Fiio M6, Avantree Priva BT transmitter

Brexit = Still ∞ stupidity

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by castalla View Post
    I thought this browser would run on boot ... can't seem to achieve that. Any tips?
    I am running Android 10 on a Pixel 3a, so your mileage might vary...

Fully Kiosk can be configured to start on boot, see Settings / Device Management / Launch on Boot. The issue of course is that when rebooting the device, nothing actually happens until somebody logs in with a password. I don't see a way around this.

I have not pursued this, but it might be possible to add a new user to the system and install only the apps Fully Kiosk and SB Player for that user - if desired. SB Player can be configured in it's settings to auto-start after the user has logged in.
    Living Room: SB Touch + DIY PSU > CI Audio VDA.2 DAC + VAC.1 PSU > VRX.1 cables > Emotiva XSP-1 Gen 2 preamp + XPA-DR2 amp > Blue Jeans cables > B&W 804 speakers
    Laptop: System76 Galago + Ubuntu 16.04 + Squeezelite + Vivaldi/Material Skin > Emotiva Little Ego DAC > Grado PS500 headphones
    Phone: Pixel 3a Phone + BubbleUPnP + Kiwi/Material Skin > Bluetooth > Bose SoundLink Revolve
    Server: Puget Systems Serenity + Ubuntu 18.04 + LMS 8.0
    Music: Personal FLAC, Radio Paradise FLAC, Qobuz, Spotify