Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3

    LMS internet radio issue

    My setup includes LMS + piCorePlayer with HiFiBerry + squeezelite on windows.
    I am experiencing a strange issue: I am unable to stream internet radio stations to piCorePlayer solely.
    but if I run squeezelite on windows and synchronize the 2 players - pi plays perfectly.
    squeezelite on windows always works.
    I have already tried various versions of LMS, the same result.

    Thanks for any help.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,829
    Quote Originally Posted by sad_nomad View Post
    My setup includes LMS + piCorePlayer with HiFiBerry + squeezelite on windows.
    I am experiencing a strange issue: I am unable to stream internet radio stations to piCorePlayer solely.
    but if I run squeezelite on windows and synchronize the 2 players - pi plays perfectly.
    squeezelite on windows always works.
    I have already tried various versions of LMS, the same result.

    Thanks for any help.
    Can you play anything on the picoreplayer?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    18,251
    It "feels" like the pi cannot access the internet and so cannot play streams directly.

    When synced with other players the stream are handled by LMS which then sends data to Pi.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Can you play anything on the picoreplayer?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    It plays everything from music library. The issue is only with internet radio streams.
    Once it starts playing, i can shutdown squeezelite on windows and pi continues to play the stream normally.
    I have to start squeezelite again in order to change a radio station...

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hertfordshire
    Posts
    3,829
    Quote Originally Posted by sad_nomad View Post
    It plays everything from music library. The issue is only with internet radio streams.
    Once it starts playing, i can shutdown squeezelite on windows and pi continues to play the stream normally.
    I have to start squeezelite again in order to change a radio station...

    Thanks!
    What happens when you try to play a radio station on the picoreplayer? Any error messages?

    Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    It "feels" like the pi cannot access the internet and so cannot play streams directly.

    When synced with other players the stream are handled by LMS which then sends data to Pi.
    Bpa, you are right! I did not know that LMS handles streams for synced players.
    thanks a lot!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    11,650
    Quote Originally Posted by sad_nomad View Post
    Bpa, you are right! I did not know that LMS handles streams for synced players.
    thanks a lot!
    You can also force that to happen to a single player without the need to sync. in LMS webGUI, go to settings > player > audio, then under streaming method select "proxied streaming" instead of direct.
    Home: VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all ethernet)
    Cottage: VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
    Office: Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
    The Wild (no internet): PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
    Controllers: iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
    Files: ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes; Streaming: Spotify

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •