Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.

Possible bug library scan + OpenVPN

Hi

I'm just a user so excuse me if it's impossible that this is a bug but this is what happened:

I've been having trouble with my drive mounts disappearing and LMS reporting 0 files in my Music Folder (running LMS on Dietpi on an Odroid XU4 with an NFS, now Samba, mounted music folder from a Synology NAS). See thread on Dietpi forum. Fixed itself after updating to latest LMS version yesterday.

Possible bug I discovered: after changing from a NFS to a Samba mount, I used OpenVPN to connect from a remote wifi network and connected to 192.168.1.1.100:9000/default to check library scan progress, in the Android Chrome browser. The page does not render well on my Galaxy S8 phone and I was never able to check progress (the bottom half of page, where progress is stated, just stays grey, or displays for a millisecond then goes grey, so you can't read it).

After coming home, I discovered that at the exact time I logged into my home network via OpenVPN, the LMS file scan had "stopped unexpectedly". I fail to see how connecting via OpenVPN could interrupt the library scan, but that seems to be what happened. Something to do with IP addresses maybe ? That there is some conflict between whatever IP address the OpenVPN-connecting device (on 10.X.X.X and different subnet) uses and the 192.168.X.X addresses the XU4 and the Synology is on ?

I'd attach the scanning logs etc. but all they say is this:

[20-01-21 06:38:50.5003] Slim::Networking::Repositories::__ANON__ (146) Failed to fetch http://bpaplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo.xml: 404 Not Found

Unrelated, I suppose, but curious what that error message means if anyone knows.

Thanks.

Where in your network is the OpenVPN server and where is your network DHCP server?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by echable View Post
    [20-01-21 06:38:50.5003] Slim::Networking::Repositories::__ANON__ (146) Failed to fetch http://bpaplugins.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/repo.xml: 404 Not Found

Unrelated, I suppose, but curious what that error message means if anyone knows.

Thanks.
    Scanning logs will be in the scanner log not the server log.

The error has nothing to do with scanning or networks.

This error message is due to you having setup to install a plugin but the googlecode repository has been dead for about 4 years and the repo has moved onto another site.
    Either your LMS installation is very old or it is a newer LMS installation and you don't need the plugin.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Where in your network is the OpenVPN server and where is your network DHCP server?
    Sorry if I'm not understanding your question, my knowledge is limited, but:

Router VPN server is at VPN Subnet / Netmask 10.8.0.0, 255.255.0.0. Can't connect to server now as I'm at home but I believe when I connect externally the connecting device is assigned 10.8.0.2.

Network DHCP server, meaning router IP (?) is at 192.168.1.35. LMS server (XU4) is at 192.168.1.250, NAS (mounted drive) is at 192.168.1.200.

I've switched from an NFS mount to a Samba mount and turned off everything related to hibernation on the NAS, otherwise I kept finding the Music Folder reporting 0 files. It's only been working a few hours now but fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by bpa View Post
    Scanning logs will be in the scanner log not the server log.

The error has nothing to do with scanning or networks.

This error message is due to you having setup to install a plugin but the googlecode repository has been dead for about 4 years and the repo has moved onto another site.
    Either your LMS installation is very old or it is a newer LMS installation and you don't need the plugin.
    Thanks for the tip, not sure why at some point I've added that repository, removed it now