Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 49 of 51 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 LastLast

Help. PiCore player splash screen flashes and then disappears - fixed

Quote Originally Posted by mfwalker1 View Post
    Hi,
    Trying to set up the Pimoroni Line Out Mini Hat with a Pi 4B running PcP 8.0
    I've followed the steps in post #348.

The Pirate audio card plays fine thru squeezekite, but with jivelite, the splash screen "Picoreplayer - red white and black" flashes briefly before going back to the console output - ending in "a large offset between 1970 and now is normal".
    I seem to remeber this behavior happening with other displays, but I can't remember how to fix it.
    I've tried changing /dev/fb1 to /dev/fb0 but is exactly the same...
    Any help appreciated.
    Matt
    All good. I downloaded a fresh copy of 8.0 and all worked.
    I'm not sure what the issue was, but I was using an 8.0 SD card from a few weeks ago.
    Maybe it was 64bit version and that was the problem.
    Anyway enjoying the little screen.

New question!
    I remeber in other skins there was the option to choose just artwork or artwork and scrolling info (and just info?).
    Is that possible on the 240x240 (just artwork?).

Thanks all.
    Matt Walker
    Melbourne, Australia
    piCore Player 7 on Raspberry pi 4b

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    The pcp-jivelite.tcz extension now includes support for the Pirate Audio Boards Display off and Brightness Features. Thanks Chris.
    Select the update button in the Jivelite Setup Tweaks section.

However, I'm working on an extension that includes the lcd-brightness.sh, the bootlocal.sh settings as well as the cmdline.txt changes. Until that's complete, for the brightness and off features to work, you'll have to install the lcd-brightness.sh script manually.

Code:
    tc@rpi37-wls:~$ cd
    tc@rpi37-wls:~$ pwd
    /home/tc
    tc@rpi37-wls:~$ wget http://ralph-irving.users.sourceforge.net/pico/lcd-brightness.sh
    tc@rpi37-wls:~$ chmod 755 lcd-brightness.sh
    Hi Ralpy, I can't locate the file with above, has its location moved? I have found a copy here https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-...-brightness.sh but I'm not sure if its the same version.

Previously I was using it with this project to provide the brightness control but after a rebuild I can't get it to work. Control via the command line works, pigs PWM 13 10 sets the screen dim and pigs PWM 13 255 sets it back to full brightness.

I've add lcd-brightenss.sh from the location I found above but it does not seem to work. Previously I had to remove rpi-backlight module at boot with "sudo modprobe -r rpi_backlight" but if I do that and go to adjust the brightness I get a message "No offical display Raspberry display found!" Any ideas? TIA

Quote Originally Posted by garym999 View Post
    Hi Ralpy, I can't locate the file with above, has its location moved? I have found a copy here https://github.com/ralph-irving/tcz-...-brightness.sh but I'm not sure if its the same version.

Previously I was using it with this project to provide the brightness control but after a rebuild I can't get it to work. Control via the command line works, pigs PWM 13 10 sets the screen dim and pigs PWM 13 255 sets it back to full brightness.

I've add lcd-brightenss.sh from the location I found above but it does not seem to work. Previously I had to remove rpi-backlight module at boot with "sudo modprobe -r rpi_backlight" but if I do that and go to adjust the brightness I get a message "No offical display Raspberry display found!" Any ideas? TIA
    The lcd-brightness script is now included in the pcp-jivelite_default-qvga240squareskin extension. I've attached it for you.

The newer linux kernels use a different name for the rpi 7" touchscreen device. I don't have access to my pcp build system right now, I can't confirm what it's now called.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 2-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Thanks Ralphy. There was more to it in the end due to my fat fingers.

The setup is for a bathroom player. I can confirm that the file worked but I had to change rmax=255 to suit the WaveShare screen I was using. To save me getting into the same mess again I have written it all up and posted it here.

Thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Installation instructions as of 5 May 2020, updated to include Paul's display overlay and a warning about updated versions of the Pirate Audio boards
    The pCP is already awesome but with the Pirate Audio DAC with the screen and the four buttons it's even more awesome. Finally a mini standalone device. Thank's for the detailed instructions!

Is there anywhere a good looking case available (to buy) for the Pi Zero and a Pirate Audio Hat with display?
    Pi4 4GB piCorePlayer with LMS and Squeezelite for USB inside an Argon One case
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    Is there anywhere a good looking case available (to buy) for the Pi Zero and a Pirate Audio Hat with display?

Look for your recommended pi reseller.

https://www.raspberrypi.com/products...y-pi-zero-2-w/

In the UK I would go to The PIHut

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    Look for your recommended pi reseller.
    I am not in the UK, but at PiHut there is no case for this board. I searched for many weeks but can not find anything.
    Pi3B+ (7" Display, Hifiberry DAC+ Pro) piCorePlayer with Squeezlite/Jivelite for Hifiberry and Bluetooth headphone inside a SmartiPi touch case
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk

Quote Originally Posted by carsten_h View Post
    I am not in the UK, but at PiHut there is no case for this board. I searched for many weeks but can not find anything.
    This works for me

https://thepihut.com/pages/search-re...ase&page_num=3

ronnie

Quote Originally Posted by Man in a van View Post
    This works for me
    I didnĹt saw one for the Pirate Audio Board with display there which is the object of this thread.
    Two Airport Express
    Ikea Symfonisk