Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3341424344 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Did you finish the Insert phase by pressing ESC key?
    If not then the subsequent commands would have been inserted I to the file rather than being executed.
    ok, so that looked like it did something.
    did everything like before, hit esc and the last line
    I sbpd-script.sh [Modified] 63/63 100%
    changed to
    - sbpd-script.sh [Modified] 63/63 100%

the first character I to -

also everything seems to be locked, how can i get this prompt back "tc@piCorePlayer:~$ "
    i want to run the ls command to see if the script is saved. also a huge thanks ive been all over the internet and trying to figure this out on my own with no luck.

:wq

The colon says a command is coming next
    The w says write out the file
    The q says Quit the editor
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author of "Now Playing" plugins covering Radio France (FIP etc), KCRW, Supla Finland, ABC Australia, CBC/Radio-Canada and RTE Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    :wq
    Not to start an "editor war" on this platform, but I installed Nano on PCP because I find VI impossible to work with.
    Code:
    sudo apt install nano

lol. I use nano too.

With vi,

you need to start with an i to select insert mode. Then paste your stuff.... so here is the middle part of this.

3. then vi sbpd-script.sh
    4. Press an "i" key to select insert mode.
    5. copy paste the script
    6. Press the <esc> key then :wq
    7. then chmod +x /home/tc/sbpd-script.sh
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Its Alive!

Well after fiddling around for a while its working, i tried entering the script and commands in different combinations until i it worked. Id like to thank Mr.Webster for taking the time and those who also chimed in. The screen is up, the buttons work and the sound is amazing. thanks again guys.

I got it all installed, playback works and display shows the "choose language screen".

With an attached keyboard I have chosen English, next screen is the skin selection. Here I try to select the QVGA 240x240 one, but dosnt seem to work. I cant get it to go past that screen, and after reboot I am back at language selection screen.

Quite annyoing.

BR
    Kasper

Did you download the proper extension? Follow these instructions?

Display:
    Scroll down to 'Additional functions' and click on 'Extensions'. Wait for three green ticks, then click on the 'Available' tab. In the 'Available extensions in the piCorePlayer repository' section, load the pcp-jivelite_default-qvga240squareskin.tcz extension.

In the Jivelite section of the Tweaks page, change the Framebuffer to /dev/fb1 and click on 'Set FB'. The Frame Rate and Frame Depth can be left blank - they will default to 22 and 32 respectively, which are fine.

Install Jivelite from the Tweaks page (this step includes an automatic backup, so accept the reboot prompt.)

The screen should now show console messages during boot, then the piCorePlayer splash screen, then Jivelite ĹChoose Languageĺ.

Hope this helps...

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by macsat View Post
    I got it all installed, playback works and display shows the "choose language screen".

With an attached keyboard I have chosen English, next screen is the skin selection. Here I try to select the QVGA 240x240 one, but dosnt seem to work. I cant get it to go past that screen, and after reboot I am back at language selection screen.

Quite annyoing.

BR
    Kasper

Quote Originally Posted by macsat View Post
    It took me a few days before I realised I had to attached a keyboard, so you're ways ahead of me on that one. :-) But after that it worked fine for me (on a PiZero even). I can't check this anymore now, but I do recall there are different ways to make a selection in Jivelite. Sometimes it's the right arrow, sometimes it's the Enter key. Once you managed to get through that you need to make sure you save the settings to SD under advanced settings..

Quote Originally Posted by jeroen2 View Post
    It took me a few days before I realised I had to attached a keyboard, so you're ways ahead of me on that one. :-) But after that it worked fine for me (on a PiZero even). I can't check this anymore now, but I do recall there are different ways to make a selection in Jivelite. Sometimes it's the right arrow, sometimes it's the Enter key. Once you managed to get through that you need to make sure you save the settings to SD under advanced settings..
    I had missed the part about saving settings to SD. Thank you, working nicely now.

Perfect little player - RPi Zero W with Pirate Audio.

Pirate Audio Case

The pirate audio device looks interesting, but does anybody has an idea for a case?

I found nothing

Thanks in advance