Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 41 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3139404142 LastLast
    So far I've made one out of acrylic. Not beautiful, but I haven't found anything else for sale. FLIRC makes a nice little case that maybe able to be modified with some extra plastic or something. I made one out of black walnut and white oak for a zero and a HiFiBerry DAC, but making the top thin enough for supporting something like the Pirate board is asking too much.

Hope you find something and if you do, please report back.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by TurnipMan View Post
    Just implemented a Pi Zero W / Pimoroni Line Out combo.
    I didn't need the Jivelite functionality as I went for this as an improvement to the sound quality from an old Joggler. Still using the Joggler to control the playback.
    Ordered another pair for elsewhere.
    Great stuff.
    The LMS related community is brilliant.
    Has anyone located a suitable case as I don't think I know anyone with a 3D printer.
    Thanks
    Tom

So the FLIRC case came today. I got out the dremel and so far so good. I need to find something to make a ring out of to go under the edge of the Pirate board. Other than that, not a bad fit.

Howard

P.S.. Don't know why the one pic is upside down..:-)

Quote Originally Posted by TurnipMan View Post
    Just implemented a Pi Zero W / Pimoroni Line Out combo.
    I didn't need the Jivelite functionality as I went for this as an improvement to the sound quality from an old Joggler. Still using the Joggler to control the playback.
    Ordered another pair for elsewhere.
    Great stuff.
    The LMS related community is brilliant.
    Has anyone located a suitable case as I don't think I know anyone with a 3D printer.
    Thanks
    Tom
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by Howard Passman; 2020-07-16 at 12:46.

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Passman View Post
    So the FLIRC case came today. I got out the dremel and so far so good. I need to find something to make a ring out of to go under the edge of the Pirate board. Other than that, not a bad fit.

Howard

P.S.. Don't know why the one pic is upside down..:-)
    I found a site that would print to order using the design here https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4087948 but they want ú50. The local university does a Maker thing, it looks like they give access to 3D printing so I think I'll wait for that as it will be fun.

Not pretty but functional... Makes My portable speaker part of my piCore eco system.

I did not like the cases I saw because of the way the buttons were managed. Also to make the case a little more compact I decided to solder on the cables. The board is mounted to the front on plastic pegs (part of the print) which are just small emough so that the spacing studs thread on.

Name:  IMG_6568.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  121.4 KBName:  IMG_6570.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  83.7 KBName:  IMG_6569.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  117.4 KBName:  IMG_6572.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  105.2 KB

Looks like a nice incorporation to me. In lieu of any decent cases out there, I'd say it's perfect.

Howard

Quote Originally Posted by garym999 View Post
    Not pretty but functional... Makes My portable speaker part of my piCore eco system.

I did not like the cases I saw because of the way the buttons were managed. Also to make the case a little more compact I decided to solder on the cables. The board is mounted to the front on plastic pegs (part of the print) which are just small emough so that the spacing studs thread on.

Name:  IMG_6568.jpg
Views: 99
Size:  121.4 KBName:  IMG_6570.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  83.7 KBName:  IMG_6569.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  117.4 KBName:  IMG_6572.jpg
Views: 100
Size:  105.2 KB

Cheers. Just found this screen also looks as though it would make for a better case and more intuitive operation.

What are you after in the case?

Certainly would be a nice hat, but I have zero programming experience, so....

I would like a case the covered the electronics. Right now the pirate board is still exposed to sweat, etc.. The stuff dreams are made of. LOL

Howard

Cheers. Just found this screen also looks as though it would make for a better case and more intuitive operation.

What are you after in the case?

That infers an IP rating. Funnily enough I was washing the car today with the portable speaker in the background and managed to give it a mist with the jet washer. Still working though.

Looking at the Waveshare but not having one at hand I would guess that the programming would be minimal, mapping of the buttons and possibly calibration of the touchscreen.

Case wise are you after tall and thin with the connectors internal or exposed?

Scratch that just realised the resolution is much less
    Last edited by garym999; 2020-07-18 at 15:04.

I made a nice wood case for my Zero with HiFiBerry DAC, but there's no screen or buttons. I'd like something like the FLIRC case that covered the sides of the Pirate board if nothing else.

Everyone one has a skill. I used to be a luthier. Not something everyone can do. I am not a Linux programmer. Doesn't make sense to me any more than CISCO IOS did. I struggled through that, but there was only one darn version of that. I haven't even been able to figure how or where to start to map buttons in picoreplayer. Maybe I'm too old. Maybe to stubborn. Maybe I'd rather just listen to music or play. :-)

Howard

That infers an IP rating. Funnily enough I was washing the car today with the portable speaker in the background and managed to give it a mist with the jet washer. Still working though.

Looking at the Waveshare but not having one at hand I would guess that the programming would be minimal, mapping of the buttons and possibly calibration of the touchscreen.

Case wise are you after tall and thin with the connectors internal or exposed?

Hi all,

@Chill thanks a lot for bringing this to us!

I tried and succeeded to install Jivelite on the Pirate Lineout (also thanks to @Dutch87 for his help about using Linux commands for the newbies like me).
    Buttons are working, sounds is flowing, dispaly however.

I have just an issue with the display. The display is working but the icons and images are like "overexposed". Like too much light on the pictures. See pictures below:
    Attachment 31188
    Attachment 31189

Did I miss something? Is there a possibility to change the backlight or my device is broken and need to change it?

Thank you

MightyBob
    Attached Images Attached Images