Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Jivelite on a Pirate Audio 240x240 screen

> Hopefully the pCP team will be able to incorporate your revised skin and
    > make the framebuffer setting a configurable item.

Just submit a PR against Ralphy's JiveLite repository.

As for the framebuffer setting: I think I've had to tweak this manually
    for full HD forever...

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Hopefully the pCP team will be able to incorporate your revised skin and make the framebuffer setting a configurable item.
    Yes - assuming that other displays in the future might need to use a different framebuffer, that would seem like a useful option to have. I must admit I don't understand the process for creating the framebuffer - I just followed JQW's instructions.

Sorry Michael - I didn't see your reply before I typed mine. Ok, so a configurable framebuffer target might indeed be useful.

The skin is looking great!

Pcp will run /mnt/mmcblk0p2/tce/jivelite.sh if found instead of the system jivelite.sh

Yes, please submit a pull request to jivelite for your skin. Perhaps instead of posting it here and I will add it to the QVGA extension so it's easy for others to test/try it.

We could create an additional extension that sets the default skin to your new one instead of the joggler, like I did for the waveshare 3.5" skin.

It should be straight forward to add a framebuffer setting in the jivelite tweaks page. I'll discuss it with the team.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Actually, I think it makes sense to put that framebuffer export into bootlocal.sh, since that already has to be edited to include the modprobe commands for setting up the framebuffer. So perhaps a little 'pirate_audio.sh' script in the home directory, called from bootlocal.sh, would be the neatest approach. Then the built-in Jivelite tweak should work without modification.

I'll give that a try this evening.

D'Oh - I posted without checking for updates again. Sorry Ralphy - missed your post.
    Last edited by chill; 2020-01-20 at 05:56.

Do not plan on using anything in /home/tc/www The web pages are moving to an extension, pcp_startup will live in /usr/local/etc/init.d This will make it easier to load an extension that extends the web pages later on.

Make some recommendations for what you would like easier configurable.....is SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0 or SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 the only thing you need?
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Make some recommendations for what you would like easier configurable.....is SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb0 or SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1 the only thing you need?
    Yes, I think so. And maybe a default skin, but I can't see how that could be configurable, given that it requires a change to DesktopJiveMeta.lua. Ralphy mentioned the Waveshare approach - I haven't seen that, but I guess it replaces DesktopJiveMeta.lua. Could the lua file use a system variable in place of the hard-coded skin name?
    Code:
    	jiveMain:setDefaultSkin("QVGA240squareSkin")
    Now that I'm getting close to a fully working setup (apart from the screensavers not working yet) I plan to go through a fresh install again, mainly to document a step-by-step 'how to'. Perhaps when those steps are listed more clearly you might see a neater way for them to be integrated into pCP.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    D'Oh - I posted without checking for updates again. Sorry Ralphy - missed your post.

Actually, I think it makes sense to put that framebuffer export into bootlocal.sh, since that already has to be edited to include the modprobe commands for setting up the framebuffer. So perhaps a little 'pirate_audio.sh' script in the home directory, called from bootlocal.sh, would be the neatest approach. Then the built-in Jivelite tweak should work without modification.

I'll give that a try this evening.
    Let us know your findings.

I'd like to have a generic solution, if possible. I'm not sure that we should set SDL_FBDEV in bootlocal.sh, just do the fb configuration settings there.

I'll try to add sourcing the pcp config file to jivelite.sh and set SDL_FBDEV if needed. The webgui jivelite tweak change can then be done separately, since I usually don't make changes to the web interface.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Could the lua file use a system variable in place of the hard-coded skin name?
    Answering my own question, the lua command 'os.getenv' would allow DesktopJiveMeta to read a system variable. So it could default to the Joggler screen unless a JL_DEFAULT_SKIN envar is set.