Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    LMS and its related bits of software really are great.
    They certainly are - very well thought-out. I compared the display to both the Controller and the Radio. The only bit that doesn't seem right at the moment is the position of the on-screen play/FF/Rew symbols - they seem to be positioned to the right of centre, as though centred in a 320 wide display. I suspect an on-screen message might also not be right, if I can think of a way to trigger one. So maybe a little more tweaking is needed. I'll do a side-by-side comparison of QVGAlandscape and QVGAportrait to see what I've missed.

I have it plugged in to a little portable speaker. The sound is fault-free, and the buttons are working nicely for volume/FF/Rew etc. By adding a rotary controller I could also navigate Jivelite.

Jivelite on a Pirate Audio 240x240 screen

> I made a QVGAsquareSkin by starting with the QVGAlandscapeSkin, which is

I can't really say why, but I'd have started with the Portrait mode
    skin. But anyway... these screenshots look amazing! I was very tempted
    to get one of those boards. Just because I wanted to see whether this
    was possible. And you already did it :-).

Would the buttons be any useful?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    I can't really say why, but I'd have started with the Portrait mode
    skin.
    I wasn't sure which one would be the best starting point. Each applet inherits from the QVGAbaseSkin, but then has code to modify anything in that base that doesn't suit the specific skin. So the portrait skin has to modify different bits (that need to suit 240 wide) compared to the landscape skin (that needs to support 240 tall). And the image assets are different, e.g. the word clock background, the scroll bar.

I repeated the exercise this morning, starting with the portrait skin, and I found the code that corresponds to the placing of the popup icons for play/FF/Rew, so now they're centred properly. But the image assets aren't right - the scroll bar from the portrait skin is 320 pixels tall, for example.

So I think a hybrid of the two versions is needed, and it'll take a bit of effort to work through both skins and incorporate both sets of modifications to the base, and then consider which images should be used or further modified.

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    Would the buttons be any useful?
    Yes, I have them set up under sbpd. The buttons A, B, X and Y are on GPIO 5, 6, 16 and 20 respectively. I had configured A and B (on the left) to do volume up and down (and 'max volume' and 'mute' on the long presses). I've now configured X and Y on the right to do UP and DOWN in Jivelite (and LEFT and RIGHT on the long presses, to move between screens), so I now have full control over Jivelite.

Can you do it all without an OK/Enter button?
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Webster View Post
    Can you do it all without an OK/Enter button?
    Yes, the RIGHT key serves that purpose.

240 * 240 support

This is fantastic progress !
    I am still waiting for my pirate board to arrive, but you might have created a working solution in the mean time.

The square resolution is also used on a cheap Chinese PiZero addon I found today.
    It has a tiny 1.54 Inch LCD with touch , 8 buttons and joystick knob for about half the price of the audio card.
    It is presented as a game console add-on but depending on its GPIO usage it might be used in more situations.
    So jivelite on this resolution might get more usage.

I'll order one, and in a month or so I can test that board too.

M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

I've made a bit of progress. I've resized the splash screen:

I reverted to the version of the skin that originated from the landscape version, and introduced the code to centre the popups:

I've also resized all the graphics in the 'images' folder, so the screensavers should work. But I haven't been able to test them because I can't seem to get any of the screensavers to display. I suspect this might be something to do with Jivelite not recognising Squeezelite as the local player (MAC addresses?), but I'll have to delve into the log files to see what's going on. Once I'm happy that those resized graphics work I'll post a version of the skin here.

I do have another question about running a bespoke version of jivelite.sh.
    Code:
    export SDL_FBDEV=/dev/fb1
    Since I need to include the above envar, I've had to make my own script file, which is now exactly the same as the standard /opt/jivelite/bin/jivelite.sh apart from that extra export. Can I put my bespoke script file somewhere such that pCP finds it when the Jivelite section of pCP Tweaks attempts to start Jivelite? Should it go somewhere in /home/tc/.jivelite/userpath ? Currently I call my script as a User Command in the Tweaks section, but it would be nice if it was fully integrated into the Jivelite section.
    Last edited by chill; 2020-02-04 at 14:16.

Jivelite on a Pirate Audio 240x240 screen

@chill: maybe at some pount I値l will ask for your help on squeezeamp and jive. Currently I知 finishing the porting of displays managed by LMS, but I知 curious to see if we can get more w/o running out of code and data memory
    LMS 7.7, 7.8 and 7.9 - 5xRadio, 3xBoom, 4xDuet, 1xTouch, 1 SB2. Sonos PLAY:3, PLAY:5, Marantz NR1603, JBL OnBeat, XBoxOne, XBMC, Foobar2000, ShairPortW, JRiver 21, 2xChromecast Audio, Chromecast v1 and v2, , Pi B3, B2, Pi B+, 2xPi A+, Odroid-C1, Odroid-C2, Cubie2, Yamaha WX-010, AppleTV 4, Airport Express, GGMM E5

Quote Originally Posted by philippe_44 View Post
    @chill: maybe at some pount I値l will ask for your help on squeezeamp and jive. Currently I知 finishing the porting of displays managed by LMS, but I知 curious to see if we can get more w/o running out of code and data memory
    Hi Philippe - I've been following your LMS display developments on Gitter with interest. I've bought a couple of those tiny displays that you've been working with, ready for when there's a corresponding firmware release.

I'm happy to help with some of the donkey work with Jivelite stuff if I can, but my knowledge doesn't run very deep I'm afraid.

Hopefully the pCP team will be able to incorporate your revised skin and make the framebuffer setting a configurable item.
    Paul Webster
    http://dabdig.blogspot.com
    Author Radio France (FIP etc) plugin