Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 13 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Oh dear - good luck!

The enter/confirm button, using the configuration above, would be the X button, which takes you RIGHT. The Y button takes you LEFT, to back out of a selection. Brightness control isn't working in Jivelite in the current distribution, but you can do it from the command line with e.g.
    Code:
    pigs PRS 13 100
    The default range is 0-255 (actually 250 I believe), so the above command will set it to 100/250, i.e. 40%

Just a thought - have you enlarged the SD partition?

I enlarged mine to 500mb, which is far bigger than needed. But is the default 50mb? That might be a bit small, and might cause random problems - mine's currently using about 48mb.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Just a thought - have you enlarged the SD partition?
    Yes I did, and experimented with rsync, so that is why I hesitate to delete the 5 gig of local storage.
    It still got 2 gigs headroom.

pigs PRS 13 100 or 50 or 250
    does not really change the light behind my dark screen.

M-H
    Pi based multi-room audio system powered by PiCorePlayer(s):
    Pi3B with Phat-dac in a Rasptouch, 2 pi B+ with Cirrus Logic Audio Card, Pi Zero with Phat-beat , and a few other tests...

Quote Originally Posted by M-H View Post
    pigs PRS 13 100 or 50 or 250
    does not really change the light behind my dark screen.
    D'Oh, sorry - I gave you the wrong command. PRS sets the range, so 'pigs PRS 13 100' sets the range to 0-100.

To change the brightness you need:
    Code:
    pigs PWM 13 100

I printed the case that I linked to earlier: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4087948

It's really nicely designed.

Well, the Pi Zero arrived on schedule. I'm using the headphone Pirate Audio card.

I followed your most recent instructions, and got the screen running and responsive to buttons, but this didn't survive a reboot - nothing visible on the screen. I think M-H had the same issue.

I did expand the file system.

I found that /home/tc/sbpd-script.sh wouldn't run on the command line without sudo.

Robert
    Last edited by Grumpy Bob; 2020-01-25 at 09:57.
    Home: Raspberry Pi 3/piCoreplayer/LMS8.0.0/Material with files on QNAP TS-251A
    Touch > DacMagic 100 > Naim Audio Nait 3 > Mission 752 (plus Rega Planar 3 > Rega Fono Mini; Naim CD3)
    2 x Squeezebox Radios, 1 X Squeezebox 3 (retired), spare Pi2/piCorePlayer
    Office: LMS8.0.0 running on Raspberry Pi3; Raspberry Pi 3 player with touchscreen/piCorePlayer/IQaudIO DAC and Amp
    SqueezePad, iPeng as controllers

last.fm/user/GrumpyBob

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    I've just tried mine on my Pi Zero W. I simply swapped the 3W amp version for the line out version, without changing anything in the pCP setup. It's working fine - no issues with the sound at all, and the volume is actually quite impressive for a 3W amp, although I don't have any other 3W amps for reference. Remember that power is not the same as gain.

Just a thought - have you configured Squeezelite to use the HiFiBerry DAC Zero/MiniAMP?
    I tried all of the HiFiBerry options, and of those that worked, all gave me sound issues. I'm now starting afresh with a new SD card, and will try the generic TI5102 option as well.

Has anyone had any thoughts on how to make a Squeezebox Radio substitute using this.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Bob View Post
    I followed your most recent instructions, and got the screen running and responsive to buttons, but this didn't survive a reboot - nothing visible on the screen. I think M-H had the same issue.
    That's odd. Did you do a backup of the pCP configuration before rebooting?

Quote Originally Posted by slartibartfast View Post
    Has anyone had any thoughts on how to make a Squeezebox Radio substitute using this.
    Maybe hack an old 'legacy' Sonos speaker to take one .....