Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    Well looks like sourceforge has a problem too. Sourceforge bugs is why we created our own repo........

I just upgraded my router, and have not setup openvpn yet. So I'll have to wait until I get home.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Doh..... I seemed to have created 2 copies of my repo sync scripts. One is missing the corrections I made to the cache flushing.

Anyway, fix that another day. I just dumped the entire repo cache, so it should be fine now.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Thanks Paul - all working now. And the skin extension is working perfectly, thanks Ralphy.

I made a fresh install and ran through it from the top - it's really easy now. Here's what I did:

Fresh Install of pCP6-B7
    Resize partition to 500mb
    Add these variables to /usr/local/etc/pcp/pcp.cfg
    Code:
    JL_FRAME_BUFFER="/dev/fb1"
    JL_FRAME_RATE=""
    JL_FRAME_DEPTH=""
    Load the pcp-jivelite_default-qvga240squareskin.tcz extension
    Install Jivelite
    Add these commands to /opt/bootlocal.sh to set up the framebuffer
    Code:
    modprobe flexfb setaddrwin=0 width=240 height=240 init=-1,0x11,-2,120,-1,0x36,0x00,-1,0x3A,0x05,-1,0xB2,0x0C,0x0C,0x00,0x33,0x33,-1,0xB7,0x35,-1,0xBB,0x1A,-1,0xC0,0x2C,-1,0xC2,0x01,-1,0xC3,0x0B,-1,0xC4,0x20,-1,0xC6,0x0F,-1,0xD0,0xA4,0xA1,-1,0x21,-1,0xE0,0x00,0x19,0x1E,0x0A,0x09,0x15,0x3D,0x44,0x51,0x12,0x03,0x00,0x3F,0x3F,-1,0xE1,0x00,0x18,0x1E,0x0A,0x09,0x25,0x3F,0x43,0x52,0x33,0x03,0x00,0x3F,0x3F,-1,0x29,-3
    modprobe fbtft_device name=flexfb speed=32000000 cs=1 gpios=dc:9
    Add these parameters to the end of cmdline.txt
    Code:
    fbcon=map:10 fbcon=font:VGA8x16
    Backup and reboot.

That's all that's necessary to get the display working and to get Jivelite launching with the appropriate skin. Marvellous.

One minor comment - I'm not convinced by the resized splash screen. I'm guessing it's been made by stretching an original image that was suited to a portrait screen before resizing to 240x240, with the result that the characters in the piCorePlayer logo look a little stretched in the vertical direction. The version that I'd made earlier ended up as 240x144, but the splash screen code centres this vertically on a black background to it fills the display nicely. If you need a version that is actually 240x240 (to play safe) then can I suggest resizing the image canvas to make it square without stretching the image? I'm happy to do this if you like.

...and to complete the above installation, of course, I installed and configured sbpd as described earlier.

One small tweak to those steps:
    Either I was mistaken, or pigpio has recently been added as a dependency for sbpd, so it's not necessary to separately install the pigpio.tcz extension.

All working great now. I've ordered another Pirate Audio board - this time with the 3W amplifier - to add to my RPi 3A+ that I use in my camper van. It could be useful to have hardware control so that I don't have to connect a control client, and maybe also drive a pair of speakers.

Wallpaper

The SetupWallpaper applet didn't know what to do for wallpaper with the 240x240 screen - none of the existing wallpaper prefixes ( 'BB_', 'JIVE_', 'FAB4_', 'WAV_', 'PCP_') related to those dimensions. I've temporarily created a new prefix for testing, but I'm wondering if there's a convention in those prefixes that I'm missing. The BB_ and JIVE_ prefixes refer to QVGA Landscape and Portrait respectively, so the naming logic escapes me! Any suggestions what I should use for 240x240?

I could use BB_ or JIVE_ as the prefix, in which case it will use the left or top (respectively) 240 pixels of the existing wallpapers, but that doesn't seem ideal.

EDIT: The prefixes seem to relate to the first use of the specific display size. I'm guessing that the controller was the first device to implement SqueezeOS/Jive, hence the JIVE_ prefix. And BB_, FAB4_ refer to the Radio ('Baby') and Touch respectively. So since the first use of the 240x240 skin is for the Pirate Audio boards, maybe PIR_ would be appropriate. Or AARGH_
    Last edited by chill; 2020-01-22 at 02:07.

800x800 splash screen:

Name:  splash800square.png
Views: 84
Size:  30.5 KB

240x240 splash screen:

Name:  splash240square.png
Views: 87
Size:  7.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Wallpaper

The SetupWallpaper applet didn't know what to do for wallpaper with the 240x240 screen - none of the existing wallpaper prefixes ( 'BB_', 'JIVE_', 'FAB4_', 'WAV_', 'PCP_') related to those dimensions. I've temporarily created a new prefix for testing, but I'm wondering if there's a convention in those prefixes that I'm missing. The BB_ and JIVE_ prefixes refer to QVGA Landscape and Portrait respectively, so the naming logic escapes me! Any suggestions what I should use for 240x240?

I could use BB_ or JIVE_ as the prefix, in which case it will use the left or top (respectively) 240 pixels of the existing wallpapers, but that doesn't seem ideal.

EDIT: The prefixes seem to relate to the first use of the specific display size. I'm guessing that the controller was the first device to implement SqueezeOS/Jive, hence the JIVE_ prefix. And BB_, FAB4_ refer to the Radio ('Baby') and Touch respectively. So since the first use of the 240x240 skin is for the Pirate Audio boards, maybe PIR_ would be appropriate. Or AARGH_
    That was my concusion as well as I used PCP_ for the jogglerskin.

PIR_ should be fine.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    240x240 splash screen:

Name:  splash240square.png
Views: 87
Size:  7.5 KB
    I'll update the splash image in pcp-jivelite_default-qvga240squareskin.tcz.
    Ralphy

1-Touch, 5-Classics, 3-Booms, 1-UE Radio
    Squeezebox client builds donations always appreciated.

Jivelite on a Pirate Audio 240x240 screen

The Pirate Audio isn't touch, is it?

--

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mherger View Post
    The Pirate Audio isn't touch, is it?
    No, unfortunately not.