Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
    Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Ah yes - the /home/tc/.jivelite folder belongs to root, and user tc doesn't have write permission to that folder.

Precede the copy commands with 'sudo'.

If you want to be able to add files below .jivelite with a graphical file manager, such as FileZilla, you can permanently change the permissions for that folder. From an SSH terminal prompt, issue the following command to add group write permissions, then you should be able to write to the .jivelite folder and all its sub-folders:
    Code:
    sudo chmod -R g+w ~/.jivelite
    Thanks! one more thing before i dig into it - how do I load it or point Jivelite to load this copy?

Quote Originally Posted by sifon View Post
    Thanks! one more thing before i dig into it - how do I load it or point Jivelite to load this copy?
    Just restart Jivelite - it will load anything in that .jivelite/userpath folder in preference to the default versions.

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Just restart Jivelite - it will load anything in that .jivelite/userpath folder in preference to the default versions.
    thanks Chill, it works! what do I do if I want to make it permanent? i tried getting write privileges of the folder , which i suppose holds this skins, but i can't.

Quote Originally Posted by sifon View Post
    thanks Chill, it works! what do I do if I want to make it permanent? i tried getting write privileges of the folder , which i suppose holds this skins, but i can't.
    Just do a backup of pCP when you've finished your edits - this will ensure that your new skin will still be in .jivelite/userpath after a reboot. That would make it permanent.

If you mean you'd like to replace the default skin and not have your own copy in userpath, I'm not sure how to achieve that. Maybe Ralphy could say whether that's possible. But if it's not part of the standard distribution I think you'd run the risk with that approach that it would be lost if you update pCP. Having it in the userpath will preserve it during an update I believe.

Keeping local modifications in .jivelite/...... is the supported method for user modifications. Apps like Custom Clock use that folder too....

Just make a backup, and also keep a backup elsewhere.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

I managed everything, i really appreciate your help, thank you!
    A closely related thing - is it possible to get a better frame refresh rate on a 480x320 3.5 waveshare display? I tried setting the Frame Buffer refresh rate to 60, 50, 30, but it doesn't perform any better.