Home of the Squeezebox™ & Transporter® network music players.
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2230313233 LastLast

Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chill View Post
    Current best steps as of 09FEB2020 (to suit new b9 image):
    Put a fresh pcp6-b9 image on the SD card.

8< 8< 8< 8< 8< 8< 8<
    Many, many thanks for all your (and others) work!!!

I got my Pirate Audio (line-out version) in the mail yesterday, I've followed these steps ^^^ and it's been running great so far. We're long time Squeezebox Touch & LMS users ever since we decided the cds took up too much living room space. This is a very welcome addition to our study.

I'm new however to squeezelite / picoreplayer and it took me some time to find out where to find picoreplayer 6 beta 9 (here) and how to install extensions pcp-jivelite_default-qvga240squareskin.tcz and pcp-sbpd.tcz (Picoreplayer Main page > button Extensions > tab Available), but it all worked first try.

Name:  zero_pirate_audio.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  44.6 KB

Now to source a nice (wooden) case for Zero & HAT.

Cheers from Holland!

Progress

I managed to flip the image. For some reason in PCP in Tweaks > Jivelite setup > Set Rotation gets ignored.

I changed the bold line in Chill's post in 0xC0 per 8.12 Address Control in the ST7780 data sheet:

-2,150,\
    -1,0x36,0x00,\
    -1,0xB2,0x0C,0x0C,0x00,0x33,0x33,\
    So it became:
    -1,0x36,0xC0,\
    But I ended up with this:

Name:  0xc0.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  18.2 KB

I looked at the ST7789 data sheet for a long time but in the end a blog helped me out. An extra line did the trick as is mentioned in the data sheet in 9.1.29 Vertical Scroll Start Address of RAM:
    -1,0x36,0xC0,\
    -1,0x37,0x00,0x50,\

Success at last:
    Name:  0x37.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  16.7 KB

I switched the buttons in the sbpd script as well.

cheers from Holland

That rotation on the jivelite page is only for the RPI official display. All other displays would typically need to be handled manually...... Just starting to figure out how to integrate other screens.
    piCorePlayer a small player for the Raspberry Pi in RAM.
    Homepage: https://www.picoreplayer.org

Please donate if you like the piCorePlayer

Holy fork, my login is still around!! Been at least a decade. Long live Squeezeboxen!! Thank you PCP team too. Got the Pirate Audio hat and tried the mopidy route. Sorry to say but that was a miserable waste of time. Glad to see it progressing along here!! I have sound over the generic TI5102 option and can sync with my SB3 just fine. Just need to go through the last couple pages to get the display going. Many thanks and many beers for the team! If only any one of you lived in Eugene to have a beer in person with me.

Quote Originally Posted by nincompoop View Post
    I looked at the ST7789 data sheet for a long time but in the end a blog helped me out. An extra line did the trick as is mentioned in the data sheet in 9.1.29 Vertical Scroll Start Address of RAM:
    -1,0x36,0xC0,\
    -1,0x37,0x00,0x50,\

That's marvellous, thank you! I did try a lot of combinations of the -1,0x36,0xC0 instruction, and several of them suffered from the 80 pixel offset. I think your additional command might fix those too, so maybe we can have all four orientations possible.

Let me dig out my notes......

Indeed, a 270 rotation is also possible now, using your 80 pixel offset. So in summary we have:

0 degrees (ribbon cable connection at the bottom of the display):
    Code:
    -1,0x36,0x00,\
    90 degrees (ribbon cable connection to the right of the display):
    Code:
    -1,0x36,0x70,\
    180 degrees (ribbon cable connection at the top of the display):
    Code:
    -1,0x36,0xC0,\
    -1,0x37,0x00,0x50,\
    270 degrees (ribbon cable connection to the left of the display):
    Code:
    -1,0x36,0xA0,\
    -1,0x37,0x00,0x50,\

piCorePlayer on the Pirate Audio-zero has been running nonstop and faultless since last night. Since it's v6 beta 9 this might be of interest.

Cheers to the piCorePlayer team, I've donated a bit to express my gratitude.

Thanks!

Have you decided against an overlay?
    So I did a little more digging. The Flexfb driver does not support Device Tree, so an overlay would never work. The flexfb was an unfinished attempt to make a universal fb driver. Here is an interesting read. https://github.com/notro/tinydrm/wiki/fbtft

Looking at the MIPI drivers, they are really simple. I wonder if one of them would work.....or maybe just write the driver, and compile it.

Another reason to not use flexfb https://github.com/notro/fbtft/wiki
    Last edited by paul-; 2020-02-14 at 17:10.

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Looking at the MIPI drivers, they are really simple. I wonder if one of them would work.....or maybe just write the driver, and compile it.
    You mean something based on the easyfb.c example? When I looked at that I did not understand the benefit of a dedicated driver compared to the flexfb driver.

But then....

Quote Originally Posted by paul- View Post
    Another reason to not use flexfb https://github.com/notro/fbtft/wiki
    Would a dedicated driver solve that problem and ensure ongoing compatibility?

The drivers sitting in staging, with no Maintainer typically means the driver base is on its last legs......at least in the mainline kernel.

Making a new driver based on easyfb should work.....I would have to add the driver in my downstream kernel. Looks like tinydrm might be the better choice.

But who knows, it would be really nice if hardware companies actually managed software for their stuff.